Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
I am very curious about not making aliyah
  Previous  1  2  3 8  9  10 15  16  17  Next

amother
Cobalt

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 8:20 am
To those who bring the line about mitzvos in chul being practice for keeping them in Israel:
We don't hold like that. You honestly sound desperate to justify your aliyah. It's not a good look on you.

Want me to start digging up lines about people who live in Israel? I won't because I don't belong to a hashkafa that emphasizes derogatory things about other Jews.
If you do, again, it's not a good look on you.

Check yourself.

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 8:21 am
amother Cobalt wrote:
I think that people who claim they know hundreds or thousands of olim who came because they love the Land are being naive.

They love Israel more than they love their parents and grandparents?
They love Israel more than their healthy settled family's life in America?
Yeah..no.
Im not claiming anything. I know facts. Ive been here over 21 years. I know many many many olim over the years.
Did I say they dont love their family? NO.
Did anyone say they dont love being a settled family? Of course not.
But their love for wanting to make their lives in Israel outweighs everything else.
And yes, there are many many many many many such families. We as the olim here see such families. They literally exits. Us israeli women are those people.

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 8:22 am
amother Outerspace wrote:
Because they live in Israel so of course they are better than us, they know better, they planned their lives better, they sacrificed better. So they decide it’s ok for them because they are still better Jews than us 🤷‍♀️
Nobody is saying this. Why do you all get defensive like this? Nobody is saying anyone is better. Sheesh.

amother
Cobalt

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 8:23 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
So maybe from your community nobody is making aliyah or no normal families are making aliyah, but I live in an area where there are thousands of olim, from all over. Normal families, no skeletons in the closet.
But of course, if you dont know it, it doesnt happen. Can't Believe It

You do not know the closet skeletons of thousands or even hundreds of families.

amother
Cobalt

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 8:24 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
Im not claiming anything. I know facts. Ive been here over 21 years. I know many many many olim over the years.
Did I say they dont love their family? NO.
Did anyone say they dont love being a settled family? Of course not.
But their love for wanting to make their lives in Israel outweighs everything else.
And yes, there are many many many many many such families. We as the olim here see such families. They literally exits. Us israeli women are those people.

Nobody loves a land over their own family or they have issues.

shabbatiscoming

amother Banana wrote:
No I'm not saying that
Also please differentiate between people moving with kids and with out (with kids I mean kids that are 14 plus I am strictly talking about people with older kids I think you can understand what hardships this can bring and people are generally advised not to move at that point)

Not sure why this line is necessary- the posters writing from Israel here why do you keep putting chul people down?
Im sorry but why randomly 14?
I know all kinds of olim, single, couples, those with babies, those with little kids, those with teens and those who have made aliyah with married kids together.
Many of those are hard. Or different hardships in aliyah.

amother
Outerspace

shabbatiscoming wrote:
Nobody is saying this. Why do you all get defensive like this? Nobody is saying anyone is better. Sheesh.

Umm someone literally said our mitzvos don’t count

amother
Outerspace

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 8:26 am
So I disagree with the premise that only people with issues make Aliyah. I think that’s just absurd.

I know so many people who would love to go (including us), but things here are holding them down. But if they didn’t have those things holding them down they’d go in a heartbeat. That’s not dysfunction. That’s love for our land/our home.

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 8:26 am
amother Cobalt wrote:
Their wanting to live in Israel outweighs their desire to stay near family. Are you denying that such families exist? I have hundreds in my community, in the comunity I work in. I dont understand why you think it does not exist. Again, just because its not something on your radar, it is for others.

amother
Banana

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 8:27 am
Eh, my oldest is 12. I think a move for her would be traumatic too. I don’t think 14 is the cutoff

Yes whatever I just threw a number out..

juggling

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 8:29 am
Everyone who's getting defensive about why they can't/don't/won't make aliyah... That wasn't the question. The question was why people don't run to Israel from the antisemitism in America.

There are two possible answers:
1. I'm not afraid enough to upend my family
And/or
2. I don't think Israel is the safer place

Either or both of those reasons are good answers to the question.

Honestly there is no need to get defensive in answer to that question.

amother
Banana

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 8:29 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:

Your post are implying this

juggling

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 8:30 am
amother Cobalt wrote:

Thanks for that judgement of all of us who chose to live far from our families, for whatever the reason.

amother
Outerspace

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 8:39 am
juggling wrote:
Thanks for that judgement of all of us who chose to live far from our families, for whatever the reason.

That judgement is not reflective of all of us. I promise. I am in awe of those who go and uproot everything they knew. I wish we could do it to be in Eretz Hakodesh

juggling

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 8:39 am
As far as only people with dysfunction making aliyah.

Someone said that regarding a specific community. It might be true to a degree, in that community.

In many other communities there are plenty of very functional people who make aliyah for idealistic reasons.

But both things can be true - it depends on the community.

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 8:41 am
amother Banana wrote:
Your post are implying this
Well that is how you are reading it. That is not how I am writing it or meaning it.

amother
Outerspace

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 8:42 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
Well that is how you are reading it. That is not how I am writing it or meaning it.

Someone (not you) specifically said that our mitzvos here don’t count

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 8:45 am
Someone (not you) specifically said that our mitzvos here don’t count
But I was responding to this "Your post are implying this".

amother
Outerspace

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 8:46 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
But I was responding to this "Your post are implying this".

So is it true or is it not true that there is judgement towards us who have not chosen to make Aliyah?

essie14

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 8:46 am
amother Banana wrote:
No I'm not saying that
Also please differentiate between people moving with kids and with out (with kids I mean kids that are 14 plus I am strictly talking about people with older kids I think you can understand what hardships this can bring and people are generally advised not to move at that point)

Not sure why this line is necessary- the posters writing from Israel here why do you keep putting chul people down?

Why do posters from ch"ul keeping putting us olim down by saying we don't love our parents? Or we are dysfunctional?
Page 9 of 17   Previous  1  2  3 8  9  10 15  16  17  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions