Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
I am very curious about not making aliyah
  Previous  1  2  3 7  8  9 15  16  17  Next

amother
Burntblack

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 6:41 am
amother Outerspace wrote:
Just stop already. The OPs question has been answered.

Why do you feel the need to keep proselytizing?

Proselytizing? Really? I was just linking what the other poster mentioned so that if anyone wanted to read the dvar torah, they could.
Nobody is proselytizing. Not even close.

amother
Outerspace

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 6:42 am
someone wrote:
Ok, thanks for explaining that. If you happen to have a copy of the rules of when people are allowed to continue discussions and when they have to stop that would be really useful. Thanks!

Oh please 🙄

juggling

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 6:44 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
I am talking about the fact that the jewish state was founded for one basic reason and that was to house any jew that needed a safe place to run to.
But over the years so many have made this country their home and they were not running from anything.
And I completely disagree with you about american jews. Yes, many many americans can not fathom living in Israel today. But there are so many olim from ameirca (and other countries) that do see the writing on the wall or they come purely because of their love for this land.

I think for the average American Jew who makes Aliyah, if fear is one of the reasons they come it is only in combination with other reasons. I don't think very many of those who come are coming due to fear exclusively, though it may be a factor for some.

amother
Outerspace

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 6:44 am
amother Burntblack wrote:
Proselytizing? Really? I was just linking what the other poster mentioned so that if anyone wanted to read the dvar torah, they could.
Nobody is proselytizing. Not even close.

No one here wanted it. Start your own thread if you want to.

This thread was about why people stay in chutz laaretz despite antisemitism.

Success10

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 7:15 am
No one here wanted it. Start your own thread if you want to.

This thread was about why people stay in chutz laaretz despite antisemitism.

I don't necessarily hold of the hashkafa of the article she posted, but it was more or less on topic.

I don't get why these conversations can't stay civil. And all the hiding behind Amother business...

amother
Outerspace

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 7:20 am
Success10 wrote:
I don't necessarily hold of the hashkafa of the article she posted, but it was more or less on topic.

I don't get why these conversations can't stay civil. And all the hiding behind Amother business...

The question was what seemed like genuine curiosity about why people don’t leave. Which was answered.

The post was about making those who are not leaving feel bad as if they’re doing something wrong (by imamother standards).

This goes on and on in every thread and the reason it can’t stay civil is because many people here who push Aliyah aren’t willing to hear that there are people who choose not to come for various reasons and they are equally good Jews. It’s my way or the hi way in those conversations and you can’t have a civil conversation like that.

And I’m another because I always am here. I never ever post under my username 🤷‍♀️.

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 7:24 am
The question was what seemed like genuine curiosity about why people don’t leave. Which was answered.

The post was about making those who are not leaving feel bad as if they’re doing something wrong (by imamother standards).

This goes on and on in every thread and the reason it can’t stay civil is because many people here who push Aliyah aren’t willing to hear that there are people who choose not to come for various reasons and they are equally good Jews. It’s my way or the hi way in those conversations and you can’t have a civil conversation like that.

And I’m another because I always am here. I never ever post under my username 🤷‍♀️.

It wasnt. Thats how you might have taken it but nobody is trying to make anyone feel bad.

amother
Outerspace

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 7:25 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
It wasnt. Thats how you might have taken it but nobody is trying to make anyone feel bad.

So what was the point of posting it then?

Success10

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 7:28 am

It is very circular and no, it never ends with anyone changing their minds. Still, threads evolve from the original question and I think what she posted is on topic. As long as the thread isn't locked and people remain civil, I don't think it's fair to tell someone to stop posting.

amother
Glitter

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 7:30 am
I will answer for myself. I love israel would love to live there. Im not leaving my family. Not leaving the support of my parents my aging grandparents etc not to mention my husbands kids from previous marriage live here and that would not even be an option for years to come. Oh and husbands parnasah doesnt exist Israel. Not to mention I barely speak hebrrw learning a second language is very difficult for me. Are you finished judging? Does that answer your question?

amother
Outerspace

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 7:39 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:

What was the a point of the poster bringing Rav Kook? You are not her. You have no idea of her intentions. Maybe she was trying to make us feel bad (which happens on every thread), how can you speak for her?

amother
Outerspace

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 7:40 am
amother Glitter wrote:
I will answer for myself. I love israel would love to live there. Im not leaving my family. Not leaving the support of my parents my aging grandparents etc not to mention my husbands kids from previous marriage live here and that would not even be an option for years to come. Oh and husbands parnasah doesnt exist Israel. Not to mention I barely speak hebrrw learning a second language is very difficult for me. Are you finished judging? Does that answer your question?

Oh they’re gonna judge anyways.
Your very real needs on chutz laaretz are no way comparable to them who live in E”Y.

Just saying Banging head

amother
Banana

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 7:58 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
And yet, hundreds of thousands of completely notmal families do just that.

Interesting!
Hard to believe I've been around and have not met not one !!!

amother
Holly

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 8:05 am
What do you mean by beautiful home? What you really should have said is if you have at least an extra 1.5 million dollars to spare then you can have a beautiful home.

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 8:05 am
amother Banana wrote:
Interesting!
Hard to believe I've been around and have not met not one !!!
So maybe from your community nobody is making aliyah or no normal families are making aliyah, but I live in an area where there are thousands of olim, from all over. Normal families, no skeletons in the closet.
But of course, if you dont know it, it doesnt happen. Can't Believe It

amother
Cobalt

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 8:09 am
I think that people who claim they know hundreds or thousands of olim who came because they love the Land are being naive.

They love Israel more than they love their parents and grandparents?
They love Israel more than their healthy settled family's life in America?
Yeah..no.

amother
Cobalt

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 8:12 am
For myself: I always thought I'd live in Israel but my husband doesn't care to, and he cannot get a job in Israel equal to the job he has here.
My children are happy and settled in school, with friends, taking that away from them would be selfish.

amother
Banana

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 8:13 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
So maybe from your community nobody is making aliyah or no normal families are making aliyah, but I live in an area where there are thousands of olim, from all over. Normal families, no skeletons in the closet.
But of course, if you dont know it, it doesnt happen. Can't Believe It

No I'm not saying that
Also please differentiate between people moving with kids and with out (with kids I mean kids that are 14 plus I am strictly talking about people with older kids I think you can understand what hardships this can bring and people are generally advised not to move at that point)

Not sure why this line is necessary- the posters writing from Israel here why do you keep putting chul people down?

amother
Outerspace

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 8:17 am
amother Banana wrote:
No I'm not saying that
Also please differentiate between people moving with kids and with out (with kids I mean kids that are 14 plus I am strictly talking about people with older kids I think you can understand what hardships this can bring and people are generally advised not to move at that point)

Not sure why this line is necessary- the posters writing from Israel here why do you keep putting chul people down?

Eh, my oldest is 12. I think a move for her would be traumatic too. I don’t think 14 is the cutoff

amother
Outerspace

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 8:19 am
amother Banana wrote:
No I'm not saying that

Because they live in Israel so of course they are better than us, they know better, they planned their lives better, they sacrificed better. So they decide it’s ok for them because they are still better Jews than us 🤷‍♀️
Page 8 of 17   Previous  1  2  3 7  8  9 15  16  17  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions