Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
I am very curious about not making aliyah
  Previous  1  2  3 5  6  7 15  16  17  Next

DrMom

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 12:14 am
amother Ballota wrote:
IIRC, Most of the victims of recent terror attacks were frum.
Israeli chilonim, with their sun burnt skin, look very much middle Eastern. It would make sense for a terrorist to seek out a definite Jew.

What???

To start with, most of the Oct 7 victims of terror were cholini. Frum Jews weren't attending a rave on Simchat Torah, and most of the kibbutzum attacked were not dati kibbutzim.

Where do you get your information?

amother
Ballota

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 12:23 am
DrMom wrote:
What???

To start with, most of the Oct 7 victims of terror were cholini. Frum Jews weren't attending a rave on Simchat Torah, and most of the kibbutzum attacked were not dati kibbutzim.

Where do you get your information?

Sorry if I was unclear. I was referring to the targeted single attacks in the year before the war, mentioned in my previous post (there were also some single attacks during the war in Jerusalem R"L on frum Jews.)
The Simchas Torah attacks were obviously done at whoever lives next to the border.

amother
Hawthorn

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 12:26 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
And yet, hundreds of thousands of completely notmal families do just that.

Many families move from Israel to America too. There are many Israelis living here as well as American families that moved to Israel and came back. I think it’s worse to leave the Land then to just stay somewhere that you were born. I learned that it’s not good to leave once you settle there.

Reality

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 12:53 am
amother Banana wrote:
Alot of truth Here
A regular family with parents and in laws close by , supporting emotionally
sometimes financially
Getting together often, going for shabbos etc parents helping out with babysitting or another hand when needed
Kids all happy in schools highs schools etc
Parent jobs and all settled

They will be absolutely crazy to pick up and leave ?? Why would someone rock the boat like that?

Kind of like telling someone with nice family all settled in Israel pick up and come to America!!! Like no way!!!

Hi! So we were all that. Lived near both sides of our family, emotional support, financial help in a pinch. Me and my husband with good jobs and friends, my kids are all social and liked school and had friends.

Yet we picked up and moved and are happier then ever.

Why do you think we have none of that here in Israel?

Yes, the majority of my family lives in chul but I do have some family here.

You need to live close by to have emotional support? I speak, video call and whattsapp with my family and friends all the time.

BH, we don't need financial help now but you think it's normal not to help your family in a pinch because they moved away?

Changing jobs mid-career can definitely be challenging. I do make much less then I used to and I definitely don't have a great job at the moment. But my side job is growing and hopefully it will continue to and it is something I love and always wanted to do!

My kids made friends. I made friends. My DH found shuls he loves going to.

The way you describe it, you'd think we moved to the midbar! Hello! It's Eretz Yisrael! There's a place for all of us here!

I lived in Brooklyn. When we were thinking about moving, a tremendous amount of people were moving en-mass. One of my kids had a QUARTER of their class leave because they moved. Many of those families moved to Florida. Nobody said boo to them and tried to scare them.

Those families moving to Florida were also upending their lives. Moving away from family, moving away from the culture they knew, kids changing schools, parents changing jobs and shuls, moving to a place with completely different weather. The list is endless.

Bottom line, people do what they want to do.

Reality

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 12:55 am
Success10 wrote:
You are twisting my words. I didn't say that. I said many had other reasons in addition to their love of Israel and desire to be here. I'm not replying anymore.

Sorry if it looked like I was twisting your words. I quoted what you wrote but I was replying to you and other people who wrote similar things.

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 1:50 am
amother Ballota wrote:
Um, why, exactly?
40+ Jews died in Israel for being Jews the year before the war.
Have there been any Jews who died in Chul for being Jews recently?
I live and have extended family in NY. I don't know anyone who was attacked. I feel perfectly safe walking in my frum attire, much more than when I was in Israel and had to be careful with every turn we made when out of heavily Jewish neighborhoods.
Our hopes for Israel's future notwithstanding, Israel is NOT more safe at the moment for recognizable Jews. You may feel more safe and comfortable, but statistics don't support this feeling.

Im sorry but what does this even mean?
And in terms of recognizable jews, you are sourly midtaken. The terrorists are not looking for recognizable jews. They are looking to kill kill kill, and and all jews, like hitler.

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 1:52 am
amother Ballota wrote:
IIRC, Most of the victims of recent terror attacks were frum.
Israeli chilonim, with their sun burnt skin, look very much middle Eastern. It would make sense for a terrorist to seek out a definite Jew.

Are you serious? The terrorists do not and have never seeked out a certain type jew. Where are you getting this very false information.
The entire nova festival, nobody was, as you said, recognizably jewish.
Please, get it into your mind, the terrorists dont care. At all.

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 1:55 am
amother Ballota wrote:
Sorry if I was unclear. I was referring to the targeted single attacks in the year before the war, mentioned in my previous post (there were also some single attacks during the war in Jerusalem R"L on frum Jews.)
The Simchas Torah attacks were obviously done at whoever lives next to the border.

You are wrong. They dont pick davka frum jews. They chose JEWS, of all kinds.
Any attack is done at whomever is in their path.

amother
Ballota

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 2:04 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
You are wrong. They dont pick davka frum jews. They chose JEWS, of all kinds.
Any attack is done at whomever is in their path.

You misunderstood.
I never implied they PICK frum Jews. It's just that if they want to ram their car into some Jewish passersby, they'll go to a frum neighborhood and find some frum looking Jews who are definitely Jewish and not Arab.
Not that they care about their victim's religiousity.
This has unfortunately been the case in many if not most targeted attacks.

amother
Ballota

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 2:08 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
Im sorry but what does this even mean?
And in terms of recognizable jews, you are sourly midtaken. The terrorists are not looking for recognizable jews. They are looking to kill kill kill, and and all jews, like hitler.

My close family members mistakenly walked a little further down when they were around the kosel area. Fortunately they were stopped by the police and told that they're entering the Muslim Quarter.
Same thing happened to an acquaintance. Of course we were more vigilant!

amother
Ballota

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 2:11 am
Also, where in the US do we come across signs at exits saying that entry for Israelis (Read: Jews) is strictly forbidden? Freaked me out every time I saw it.
Look, I'm not implying that EY isn't safe. Just that it isn't any safer than the US, if anything less.

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 2:17 am
amother Ballota wrote:
You misunderstood.
I never implied they PICK frum Jews. It's just that if they want to ram their car into some Jewish passersby, they'll go to a frum neighborhood and find some frum looking Jews who are definitely Jewish and not Arab.

No, they will not. You think there have only been car rammings in charedi areas? Honey, you are very mistaken. There are attacks ALL OVER. They do not discriminate.
They dont care who they kill or hurt as long as they also are getting jews.
And jews of any kind.

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 2:18 am
amother Ballota wrote:
Also, where in the US do we come across signs at exits saying that entry for Israelis (Read: Jews) is strictly forbidden? Freaked me out every time I saw it.
Look, I'm not implying that EY isn't safe. Just that it isn't any safer than the US, if anything less.

Im sorry but you cant compare apples and oranges.

amother
Slateblue

I feel like there are dangers in ey and America and like yakov divided his family it’s good for us to be split evenly in both places.

shabbatiscoming

amother Ballota wrote:
My close family members mistakenly walked a little further down when they were around the kosel area. Fortunately they were stopped by the police and told that they're entering the Muslim Quarter.
Same thing happened to an acquaintance. Of course we were more vigilant!

The police were helping you! So, not sure your point.

amother
Ballota

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 2:36 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
No, they will not. You think there have only been car rammings in charedi areas? Honey, you are very mistaken. There are attacks ALL OVER. They do not discriminate.
They dont care who they kill or hurt as long as they also are getting jews.
And jews of any kind.

I didn't say Chareidi, not sure where you got that from.
I said frum.
If a terrorist wanted to strike in, say, Chevron, what would he look for to ensure he gets a Jew and not an Arab?
And where did I say they care about what kind of Jews they kill?

amother
Ballota

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 2:38 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
The police were helping you! So, not sure your point.

My point is, I don't need police helping me here not get murdered in broad daylight.
Yes, they were safe Bh, but can't you see the difference in safety level?

amother
Ballota

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 2:43 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
Im sorry but you cant compare apples and oranges.

This thread is about comparing the safety levels of chul and EY, so I guess we've all been comparing apples and oranges. feel free to skip if you think it's not comparable.

And I'll reiterate: Israel is safe BH. My own son is shteiging away in Yerushalayim. But when a Jew is murdered a few blocks from his yeshiva, although I know that it's all yad Hashem, I definitely get more concerned about his safety than my other children.

amother
PlumPink

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 2:50 am
amother Daphne wrote:
I guess we’re glad to be one of “those with issues”, unhealthy, radical and unsettled; your words, not mine.

After all, in the USA, we owned a remodeled medium sized home in a beautiful neighborhood with very special neighbors OOT but in a large community, earned 250k, we’re rising at work, kids thriving in schools, had full retirement, a rav, shul, community and family close by.

Here, we see Hashem every day in every way, every second. We live a more fulfilling and deep life where we better understand pasukim and have access to rabbanim. We’re with our people. We feel like a nation. I don’t really on other nations. I feel strong and I’m more me. My mitzvot count, everything done in chutz laaretz is actually just practice for here. My kids are thriving once again. My house is almost built. We couldn’t be more thankful to Hashem or see His hand more clearly. I’m just sorry you think we lived a messed up life and you live a real one because I think you may have it backwards.

Such a beautiful post. Thank you for your chizuk! We are in the middle of planning aliyah.

essie14

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 3:17 am
amother Ballota wrote:
You misunderstood.

No frum areas were targeted on October 7.
In fact,many foreign workers were killed and taken hostage. And Arab Israelis were also killed.
One died screaming in Arabic that he wasn't Jewish.
Noa Argamani isn't "Jewish looking".
Page 6 of 17   Previous  1  2  3 5  6  7 15  16  17  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions