Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Hate my job but need the money

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jun 22 2024, 3:01 pm
Just venting I absolutely am fed up with my job for various reasons.

The thing is, they pay relatively well so I should be grateful. But as I told my husband they pay me x amount plus a whole lot of headache.

I feel like I am not succeeding, this is not my strength, I want to scream every time I switch on my computer. I just want to leave NOW

but then I won't have money

and I like to stick things out so I'm still trying to see if I can "make things good" but it's a hard situation and I don't want to get into specifics because I'm paranoid my boss is on here lol and while it seems some of the details might not add up, why am I at a job which I'm not succeeding at and being paid well for it? It's complicated and I don't want to out myself.

Elfrida

Post Sat, Jun 22 2024, 3:48 pm
Is there a reason why you can't start looking for another job? You don't have to give notice before you find something.

amother
Mocha

Post Sat, Jun 22 2024, 10:04 pm
I'm in the same boat if that makes you feel any better Confused

kenz

Post Sat, Jun 22 2024, 11:03 pm
I hated my job for so long. Finally after 15 years I couldn’t do it anymore and left even before I had another job and I can’t begin to tell you the weight that was lifted off my shoulders. I now earn more money for less hours and the change in work environment is incomparable. Don’t stay stuck in a rut, it affects your whole life.

Last edited by kenz on Sun, Jun 23 2024, 10:21 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Mint

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 2:21 am
Same here, my job is intense and time sensitive but I get paid very nicely, I want to give notice but need the money.

amother
Vermilion

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 2:28 am
I know it doesn't change your story but I am in a similar position. Stuck at a job I hate but I need to feed my kids. Unemployed or underemployed husband for most of our marriage. Plus they underpay me for my worth.

BH after sticking it out my role has changed somewhat and I like it a lot better. There are some aspects that still drive me crazy and give me migraines. But other parts have really improved.
Is there any way to change some of the tasks or what part is the worst aspect?

synthy

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 2:58 am
Same, sis. I call it golden handcuffs. I can’t switch jobs because I earn way more than I would anywhere else. What’s helping me push through is working on my side hustle at home, with the hopes that one day my business will bring in enough money. It doesn’t feel like work because it’s something I have a passion for.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics