Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
If I'm meant to have money to buy clothes, H' will provide..
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP  

Post Sun, Jul 21 2024, 11:20 am
A couple of weeks ago, I had a family Simcha, and nothing nice to wear. I was going to wear my one top, which has seen better days. But I knew that everyone else would be wearing dressier clothes, but I didn't have money.... Later that week I was asked to chaperone a school trip, outside of my usual hours, for which I got a cash bonus of $50. This was unusual as usually my school gives the hours as 'credit hours', to use when we ask for time off.
Following day, a local clothes store advertised a 'mega sale' with some clothes 50% off and others 2 for 1. It's an expensive shop, but I thought okay, I'll try.
You can probably guess that I found a perfect outfit for exactly...$60!! I'm overweight, and don't usually find ANYTHING in this shop, but this time I did, the right size, right price, on the day I 'happened' to have a small bonus.

My weekday wardrobe consists of one black skirt and 3 tops which I've had for the 2 Summers, all of which have seen better days. I found a new web-site, with plus size clothes, with skirts and tops for between $15 and $30 a piece. I've put a few things in the basket, and now I'm waiting to see if H-shem will give me the money to buy them.

'H-Shem, I don't need a lot, but I need to feel good! I have no spare money because You gave me beautiful family, and any money goes towards this 'investment', but please....'

I hope I'll be able to update all you Imas that somehow I managed to buy them...

Kumphort

Post Sun, Jul 21 2024, 11:22 am
Wow!! Waiting to hear more exciting updates. When you look for yad Hashem, it shows up.

amother
  OP  

Post Sun, Jul 21 2024, 1:13 pm
Kumphort wrote:
Wow!! Waiting to hear more exciting updates. When you look for yad Hashem, it shows up.

Thank you....I feel like I'm going to get them somehow, I'm just waiting to find out how..

amother
Canary

Post Sun, Jul 21 2024, 1:16 pm
Thank you so much OP for sharing with us! May you have much Shefa for all your needs!

imaima  

Post Sun, Jul 21 2024, 1:20 pm
amother OP wrote:
A couple of weeks ago, I had a family Simcha, and nothing nice to wear. I was going to wear my one top, which has seen better days. But I knew that everyone else would be wearing dressier clothes, but I didn't have money.... Later that week I was asked to chaperone a school trip, outside of my usual hours, for which I got a cash bonus of $50. This was unusual as usually my school gives the hours as 'credit hours', to use when we ask for time off.
Following day, a local clothes store advertised a 'mega sale' with some clothes 50% off and others 2 for 1. It's an expensive shop, but I thought okay, I'll try.
You can probably guess that I found a perfect outfit for exactly...$60!! I'm overweight, and don't usually find ANYTHING in this shop, but this time I did, the right size, right price, on the day I 'happened' to have a small bonus.

My weekday wardrobe consists of one black skirt and 3 tops which I've had for the 2 Summers, all of which have seen better days. I found a new web-site, with plus size clothes, with skirts and tops for between $15 and $30 a piece. I've put a few things in the basket, and now I'm waiting to see if H-shem will give me the money to buy them.

'H-Shem, I don't need a lot, but I need to feel good! I have no spare money because You gave me beautiful family, and any money goes towards this 'investment', but please....'

I hope I'll be able to update all you Imas that somehow I managed to buy them...

Thank you for sharing!
I am waiting for haters to show up and twll how you need to keep your luck to yourself

amother
  OP  

Post Sun, Jul 21 2024, 1:40 pm
imaima wrote:
Thank you for sharing!
I am waiting for haters to show up and twll how you need to keep your luck to yourself

You think it'll bother people? Did actually cross my mind after seeing the 'amazing Dh' thread Sad

But think this is rather different...I'm talking about a few extra hours at work, with a small bonus, affording me an outfit in the sales..

All I'm hoping for are a couple of cheap tops and a weekday skirt, around $70 or so, am not asking for a Summer home!

amother
Rose

Post Sun, Jul 21 2024, 2:04 pm
amother OP wrote:
You think it'll bother people? Did actually cross my mind after seeing the 'amazing Dh' thread Sad

But think this is rather different...I'm talking about a few extra hours at work, with a small bonus, affording me an outfit in the sales..

And I'm hoping for a couple of cheap tops and a weekday skirt, not asking for a Summer home!

It's one thing to say you're struggling and share a yeshua. Nothing wrong with that, and it can be very inspiring. It's another to say that everyone else's struggles are bringing down the tone of the site so I'm going to post how about how wonderful my life is. But I don't want to derail your thread.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sun, Jul 21 2024, 2:07 pm
amother Rose wrote:
It's one thing to say you're struggling and share a yeshua. Nothing wrong with that, and it can be very inspiring. It's another to say that everyone else's struggles are bringing down the tone of the site so I'm going to post how about how wonderful my life is. But I don't want to derail your thread.

Same.

Hatzlacha OP!

imaima

Post Sun, Jul 21 2024, 2:07 pm
amother OP wrote:

And I'm hoping for a couple of cheap tops and a weekday skirt, not asking for a Summer home!

I am all for sharing positivity! Hope you can afford all the clothes you have found.

amother
  OP  

Post Sun, Jul 21 2024, 2:28 pm
imaima wrote:
I am all for sharing positivity! Hope you can afford all the clothes you have found.

Thanks, hope I have something to share...

amother
  OP  

Post Sun, Jul 21 2024, 4:04 pm
Does this count...? My cleaner is going away for a month-most of her families are going away so she doesn't have much work. I'm only going away for a few days in keeping with my budget, and was hoping he Sad r sister would come to me instead of one of her families who are going away.

So, she just told me that her sister's family are renting their house out for the summer, and the tenants are using her cleaner, so she can come just once a week Sad . I was rather upset, as when the kids are off....you can imagine what it's like...! BH, with my family size, it's not a luxury (for me, that is, I prefer to forgo other things), and was hoping for at least the same number of hours, if not an hour or two more...

Trying to be positive, instead of moaning about lack of cleaning help, I'm thinking that the money I would use for the cleaner, I'll put towards clothes instead...

Maybe H' is giving me money for clothes, but He's not just giving me a blanket 'yes', whilst still showing me He's here fo me, being that just today, when I really need some clothes, I found that I'll be paying less for cleaning help...

Dear Imas, du think this counts??

amother
  OP  

Post Sun, Jul 21 2024, 6:38 pm
imaima wrote:
Thank you for sharing!

I just posted a 'thanks' for you on the other thread! Thanks for keeping things positive around here!

amother
Tomato  

Post Sun, Jul 21 2024, 6:42 pm
imaima wrote:
Thank you for sharing!

No, but I'm not sure what yad hashem means? Is all the horrible things that are orchestrated and coordinated also the yad hashem?

Do the biggest anti semites who have goodc things happen or things fall into place, are they also experiencing the yad hashem?

So what does the yad hashem actually mean?

amother
  OP  

Post Sun, Jul 21 2024, 6:47 pm
amother Tomato wrote:
No, but I'm not sure what yad hadhem means? Is all the horrible things that are orchestrated and coordinated also the yad hashem?

Do the biggest anti semites who have goodc things happen or things fall into place, are they also experiencing the yad hashem?

They get all their schar in this world maybe?

But, yes you're right, we shouldn't act like H' is an ATM machine, 'I do this therefore He'll give me that'.

I'm looking for chizuk, but if H' doesn't grant me some new clothes, it won't make me think He doesn't care about me, or hates me. I will accept that He said 'no'.

amother
Burgundy  

Post Sun, Jul 21 2024, 7:14 pm
amother OP wrote:
Does this count...? My cleaner is going away for a month-most of her families are going away so she doesn't have much work. I'm only going away for a few days in keeping with my budget, and was hoping he Sad r sister would come to me instead of one of her families who are going away.

So, she just told me that her sister's family are renting their house out for the summer, and the tenants are using her cleaner, so she can come just once a week Sad . I was rather upset, as when the kids are off....you can imagine what it's like...! BH, with my family size, it's not a luxury (for me, that is, I prefer to forgo other things), and was hoping for at least the same number of hours, if not an hour or two more...

Trying to be positive, instead of moaning about lack of cleaning help, I'm thinking that the money I would use for the cleaner, I'll put towards clothes instead...

Maybe H' is giving me money for clothes, but He's not just giving me a blanket 'yes', whilst still showing me He's here fo me, being that just today, when I really need some clothes, I found that I'll be paying less for cleaning help...

Dear Imas, du think this counts??

I think so. I think this is a no with a yes. No, you will have to work harder because your cleaner is going away. But yes, Hashem still loves you and therefore He wants you to have these beautiful clothes.

And that's how I understand the idea of Yad Hashem. It's not a vending machine that gets us what we want, or a charm that arranges everything just right. It's an understanding that we have what we are supposed to have and that everything, the easy and the hard , the joy and the pain, it's all arranged by Hashem. And it's not just about the thing we get but about knowing we're being taken care of.

amother
  OP  

Post Sun, Jul 21 2024, 7:31 pm
amother Burgundy wrote:
I think so. I think this is a no with a yes. No, you will have to work harder because your cleaner is going away. But yes, Hashem still loves you and therefore He wants you to have these beautiful clothes.

And that's how I understand the idea of Yad Hashem. It's not a vending machine that gets us what we want, or a charm that arranges everything just right. It's an understanding that we have what we are supposed to have and that everything, the easy and the hard , the joy and the pain, it's all arranged by Hashem. And it's not just about the thing we get but about knowing we're being taken care of.

You explained it so eloquently! Do you teach?

amother
  Burgundy  

Post Sun, Jul 21 2024, 7:33 pm
amother OP wrote:
You explained it so eloquently! Do you teach?

Thank you. I no longer am able to teach in a classroom or shiur, but I try to spread Torah whenever I can.

And thank YOU for opening up this inspirational thread. Emunah is contagious. Don't stop the spread!

amother
  Tomato  

Post Sun, Jul 21 2024, 8:05 pm
amother OP wrote:
They get all their schar in this world maybe?

But, yes you're right, we shouldn't act like H' is an ATM machine, 'I do this therefore He'll give me that'.

I'm looking for chizuk, but if H' doesn't grant me some new clothes, it won't make me think He doesn't care about me, or hates me. I will accept that He said 'no'.

But then we never really see the yad hashem.

Scenario 1. Things go well. We say hashem helped me!

Scenario 2. Things don't work out. Hashem is saving my schar for the next world.

Anyone that's ever lived falls into into one of these 2 categories.

amother
  OP  

Post Sun, Jul 21 2024, 8:07 pm
amother Tomato wrote:
No, but I'm not sure what yad hadhem means? Is all the horrible things that are orchestrated and coordinated also the yad hashem?

Amotherburgendy above explains this point so well.

It's actually the hardships that often show us the Yad H-shem. I'll give you an example. I had a child who had various complications at birth. It was an extremely difficult time, we were suddenly thrown into the scary world of illness, ICU, doctors, diagnosis's, hospital stays, home nursing care and more. All at the same time as trying to keep our home running as normal, we had a large by then.

Sounds hard, right? You bet! But, we saw so many chasadim along the way, like H' was saying 'It's hard, but I'm here for you.

just one example out of many:

-I had to travel to a hospital 2 hours away for some tests which needed a particular speciality. Usually, DH and I would drive down together, and once dc was awake from the anesthetic, I would stay until discharge, whilst he would go back to the rest of the kids. On one occasion however, my teen ds had a siyum for fathers and sons, which we decided dh would stay behind for. We tried to keep things as normal as poss for the kids during this time, and we decided that on this occasion I would travel alone.
I took the train, as dc needed tube-feeding, and oxygen etc which I couldn't do whilst driving. I was trying to be brave, but it was hard. DC was miserable, she wasn't allowed to drink because she was undergoing anaesthesia, her paraphernalia was bulky, and I was done! I sorely regretted turning down my brothers offer of a lift... Just then a friend of my Mom got on the train. Now, this particular train line was off the beaten track between the frum cities where I live, in fact I'd been traveling to and from this hospital for over a year by then, and had never met a Jewish person on this particular route. Honestly, it felt like a miracle! She was so good to me, helped me without being asked, without asking any questions. She got off at the same station as me, asked me if I was going to the hospital, and said 'great, I'm also and suggested we share an uber and split the cost. She came with me, helped me in and out the taxi, and walked me my ward, then left.

I was so grateful, she really saved me, and it was only later when things were settled that it crossed my mind that it's a children's hospital, so she definitely did not have an appointment there!

A week later, her son got engaged. I called to wish her mazel tov, and thanked her again for helping me out that day. She then told me that she had actually travelled to that city to meet her future dil, it was half way between their home-towns, and since it's off the beaten track, they weren't likely to bump into anyone they knew!

I shouldn't have attempted that journey alone, and have never done so since, but on that day when I was stupid, H' sent someone to help me.

So was it easy? Nope. Did H' show me He cares? Yep.

Dolly Welsh

Post Sun, Jul 21 2024, 8:13 pm
Two wonderful stories. Thanks for sharing, OP.

The kids are a little older now and they can help just a little until the cleaner lady comes back. AND you have more for your clothing budget.

Hurray for you.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics