Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
Do you read in the bathroom?
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

Do you read when you're in the bathroom?
Yes  
 78%  [ 93 ]
No  
 21%  [ 25 ]
Total Votes : 118

supermom

Post Sun, Jan 08 2006, 3:18 am
freilich LOL you always make me laugh

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Sun, Jan 08 2006, 2:00 pm
ok, change of topic, back to the original....how about chicken soup for the soul?

jewgal84

Post Mon, Jan 09 2006, 11:59 am
Like I posted previously, I enjoy reading "Chicken soup for the soul".

There are nice, short and straight to the point stories. You can decide if you have time to read 1-2 stories etc.

The latest one we've bought, " Chicken soup for the Couple's Soul". Really neat and inspiring stories in it, def. makes you appreciate your spouse and life alot more.

miriam

Post Mon, Jan 09 2006, 7:27 pm
Recently I have been bringing in crossword puzzles.

bandcm

Post Sun, May 14 2006, 5:25 am
Then we started finding her and her little sister having "potty parties" in the middle of the night--she would get up to go, sit on the pot and read out loud to her little sister who would be sitting on a step stool beside her. It was so cute, but they needed to go back to bed.[/quote]

That is adorable! I keep What to Expect the First Year and over the month I read that whole section. B4 my baby was born I kept What to Expect the Toddler Years for my other child.

shopaholic

Post Sun, May 14 2006, 5:54 am
I NEVER take a book, newspaper, magazine into the bathroom & DH knows he can't take something in if I haven't read it yet. Just the thought of the book I curl up on the couch with has been in the bathroom when you're "doing your stuff"...yuck! My mother never allowed it for the same reason & I guess I take after her.

amother  

Post Sun, May 14 2006, 6:28 am
carrot wrote:
But I like to read in the bathroom. Anything will do. I can't stand it when there is nothing to read, not even a shampoo bottle.

So funny. My inlaws don't have any reading material in their bathroom but there is toothpaste, shampoo, hairspray......

Ruchel

Post Sun, May 14 2006, 7:43 am
There are more bathrooms than people here, so... yes I do read a lot LOL
Sometimes my dh will knock at the door "darling, are you all right?" LOL

amother

Post Sun, May 14 2006, 9:42 am
Ruchel wrote:
Sometimes my dh will knock at the door "darling, are you all right?" LOL

Our running joke with each other is "SHOULD I CALL THE PLUMBER? DID YOU FALL IN?"

chen

Post Sun, May 14 2006, 10:33 am
6 full-size people + 1 bathroom = 0 permission for anyone to read anything in there! (Not even the shampoo bottle. Everyone here already knows how to wash his/her hair, so reading the instructions is superfluous.)

preggymama

Post Sun, May 14 2006, 10:39 am
To me, the whole idea of reading in the bathroom is really gross. I mean, for heavens sake -just do your thing and get out of there. I don't think that the bathroom should be a hangout like that...

Purple Hug Bunny  

Post Sun, May 14 2006, 2:50 pm
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

This post is hysterically funny..chen.. you really made me laugh..

Ok, for those of you who think theyre the only one reading shampoo bottles, add me to the list, but only when there's nothing else to read..
I am very good at pronouncing those ingredients.

I'm an avid bathroom reader.. at home I used to read much more before I had a computer, now that I do I specifically don't take anything along bec. I want to get back to the computer, I would take it along but the phone wire doesnt reach that far (I have a laptop) and I wouldn't be comfortable with the laptop on my lap...

At my moms house though where I usually eat shabbos, I always take along a good book, bec. I don't have my computer to rush back to, plus my father says torah, and I'm a bit impatient and can't sit still, he also has guests almost every week, so he is busy with them alot..

at home I s/times just take along the mail, so I know I wont get hoooked, unless there's a magazine or catalog, it can take quite a while.

imanut

Post Mon, May 15 2006, 6:22 pm
I don't have time to read in the bathroom!

Secbeb

Post Mon, May 15 2006, 6:25 pm
Anyone here know "The bathroom reader"? A must for the bathroom!

Purple Hug Bunny

Post Tue, May 16 2006, 12:53 pm
Secbeb, I was going to mention that in my post but I forgot.
I don't know if were talking about the same book but I saw a book at BJ's, I think it had the same name, or s/thing like the biggest bathroom book ever.. it's a thick book.

eggplant

Post Wed, Aug 06 2008, 12:18 pm
I find reading in the bathroom wastes a lot of time> Dont have too much extra time for that

yo'ma

Post Wed, Aug 06 2008, 12:29 pm
Secbeb wrote:
Anyone here know "The bathroom reader"? A must for the bathroom!

My parents have it, but they got it after I got married, so I never saw it.

In the kitchen  

Post Wed, Aug 06 2008, 12:30 pm
I have been tempted to read books in other people's bathrooms but couldn't bring myself past the ick factor...they're sitting next to the toilet and get splashes and everything...I can understand using a fresh wipe on the cover but you can't fresh wipe each page that someone's grimy hands touched or got splashed on...ergo I can't bring myself to touch those books.

However, since some of you are not as overly germaphobic as myself, I'll tell you which books almost tempted me. 1,001 Home remedies (or some number like that) and another similar Foods that Heal book.

freidasima

Post Wed, Aug 06 2008, 12:36 pm
Readers digest and Woman's world. Far away from the toilet. Also we have a rule. Toilets always get closed before flushed, no splashes that way.

In the kitchen  

Post Wed, Aug 06 2008, 12:39 pm
Good rule!! Wink
Page 3 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics