Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
Do you read in the bathroom?
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

Do you read when you're in the bathroom?
Yes  
 78%  [ 93 ]
No  
 21%  [ 25 ]
Total Votes : 118

flowerpower

Post Wed, Aug 06 2008, 4:03 pm
There are certain things that belong only in the bathroom like the Readers digest and good housekeeping.

OldYoung  

Post Wed, Aug 06 2008, 4:10 pm
We have a nice basket nearby with Men are from Mars, Innumeracy, Uncle John's bathroom reader book, and a big fat jokebook. Sometimes we hear guests laughing in the bathroom and we know where they're up to... LOL

morahaviva

Post Wed, Aug 06 2008, 5:51 pm
YOU BETCHA!!! I have been known to have very bad stomach aches when a book is due back to the library... its the only place I get to read!

greenfire  

Post Wed, Aug 06 2008, 6:29 pm
this thread is hilarious ... add me to the read bathroom products when there is nothing else to read ... hey it helps you relax if you need to ...

as far as germs ... put the book down then wipe, flush & wash in that order ... only then may you pick up the book ... and yeah I've thought about books and hands and food & Puke Puke Puke

one of my dd's would sing and entertain herself ... when I tell her that now she says no I was saying "mommy come wipe my tushie" it was a pretty song Music

mama-star

Post Wed, Aug 06 2008, 7:11 pm
the bathroom is my library.

mumoo

Post Wed, Aug 06 2008, 7:48 pm
miriam wrote:
Recently I have been bringing in crossword puzzles.

me too- word puzzle magazines

chaylizi

Post Wed, Aug 06 2008, 7:51 pm
happyone wrote:
Don't laugh/bash me for this one....
But I take my laptop with me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sorry guys!

so do I. also sudoku. with 4 bathrooms & 4 people (one in diapers still), no one rushes around here. several people I know keep that book by dale carnegie in the bathroom. what's it called? how to something & influence people...

mamacita  

Post Thu, Aug 07 2008, 1:38 pm
We have several mentioned here, what to expect expecting & toddler, dale carnegie (great stuff) and the occasional crossword puzzle. I need more!! Smile I want an Uncle John's Bathroom reader, I love trivia and it would make the time go. If nothing else, then the toiletries and the labels on the towels!

dh once said "it must be bad I hear pages turning!"

I've definitely taken my laptop in, I love wireless, heheh!

We also have a close the lid before flushing rule, so gross!

Fabulous

Post Thu, Aug 07 2008, 1:52 pm
I own one of those three in one Uncle John's Readers. The problem is that it was so interesting that I read the whole thing right after I bought, nothing left for the bathroom but big books.

greenfire  

Post Thu, Aug 07 2008, 2:18 pm
btw - anybody who brings their laptop in ... please don't ever let me touch it ...

I've actually told people to wash their hands after leaving my bathroom ... and these are women I'm talking about ...

mamacita

Post Fri, Aug 08 2008, 5:04 am
Besides being a compulsive handwasher, closer of the lid before flushing, I also clean my doorknobs, lightswitches, phones, and laptops regularly.

Smile People who only wash with a cup after using the bathroom gross me out Puke

Tamiri

Post Fri, Aug 08 2008, 5:14 am
mamacita wrote:
Besides being a compulsive handwasher, closer of the lid before flushing, I also clean my doorknobs, lightswitches, phones, and laptops regularly.

Smile People who only wash with a cup after using the bathroom gross me out Puke

Are you my daughter?

Pineapple  

Post Fri, Aug 08 2008, 9:56 am
Redears Digest - when else am I going to read them?

greenfire

Post Fri, Aug 08 2008, 10:15 am
yes I always flush with my clean hand ... and take soap with my clean hand ... if you wanna wash negel vasser do so after soaping !!!

MrsLeo

Post Fri, Aug 08 2008, 12:03 pm
happyone wrote:
Don't laugh/bash me for this one....
But I take my laptop with me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sorry guys!

Same here. We keep a small folding chair in the bathroom as a "table" for laptops.

In the kitchen  

Post Fri, Aug 08 2008, 2:28 pm
mamacita I am the same way. I always am cleaning door knobs, light switches, phones, keyboard of computer, walls in bathroom etc...Sometimes I go to other people's house and just am so grossed out when there is no handsoap (not even an empty bottle of evidence that someone used to care to have it) in the bathroom or by the handwashing sink...How could they not have soap in the bathroom?!

And to think that people are touching the handles of the neggle vasser cli with their undwashed bathroom hands Puke

Beauty and the Beast

Post Fri, Aug 08 2008, 2:59 pm
Right now I am trying to finish the DMV driving book, and I have no patience to sit down and read it, so it is my bathroom reading material! We have all the parenting magazines, current weekly magazines ( which get thrown out every week) and a "How to fix thing in your home" book which dh never opened yet! LOL

soulful music  

Post Fri, Aug 08 2008, 4:34 pm
Am I the only one who doesn't get it? Surprised
Why do people need to read in the bathroom?
Just do the deed and go read in the living room(or bedroom if the kids won't let you) Tongue Out

DefyGravity

Post Fri, Aug 08 2008, 4:37 pm
I don't understand why someone wouldn't read in the bathroom. It's so boring to sit in there and just. . . make.

soulful music

Post Fri, Aug 08 2008, 4:46 pm
DefyGravity wrote:
I don't understand why someone wouldn't read in the bathroom. It's so boring to sit in there and just. . . make.

LOL LOL
I guess I'm real quick! I'd rather finish and get out.
Page 4 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics