Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions
DOEIHU please read disclaimer
Previous  1  2  3

Ruchi  

Post Fri, Sep 06 2024, 6:47 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
So you posted in the hopes of what? And you are opposed to discussion? Because as of now, nobody has been negative, just wanted to discuss is not being derogatory Can't Believe It

You and single can discuss it between yourselves together with Elfrida or any other imamothers who want to chime in. I am not the author of these halachos.

I'm sure Doeihu will be more than pleased to address any questions or issue you may have regarding the halachos or the Rabonim/Poskim.

shabbatiscoming  

Post Fri, Sep 06 2024, 6:51 am
Ruchi wrote:
You and single can discuss it between yourselves together with Elfrida. I am not the author of these halachos. I'm sure Doeihu will be more than pleased to address any questions or issue you may have regarding the halachos or the Rabonim/Poskim.

Very mature. But you didnt even explain why you posted this. And the usual way of posts on this forum is to have a discussion about the OP. But ok.

Ruchi  

Post Fri, Sep 06 2024, 6:53 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
Next time I think it would be k'dai to post this in the chassidish or charedi section.

Then you will be "preaching to the choir".

Or should I put in a disclaimer "ONLY TO BE READ BY CHAREDI WOMEN" ?

singleagain

Post Fri, Sep 06 2024, 6:54 am
Ruchi wrote:
Anything that's posted is for sharing purposes. Isn't that self explanatory?

Don't accuse me of being rude when I am being questioned by an FBI Agent.
Did I commit a crime that my intentions and motives need to be questioned?

This was taking it too far and was not respectful.

All you had to do was say "I thought this was interesting and wanted to share" and I wouldn't have responded further. In fact of that was your topic sentence, I probably wouldn't have posted at all.

So no. As I said before, copy/pasting without any extra info and a defensive topic sentence it's not proper netiquette.

A few simple questions is not an interrogation.

This forum is "Halachic Questions and Discussions" that usually indicates a back and forth. If that was not the point of your post you could have made that clear.

If your topic sentence had been "just sharing for informational purposes" or "interesting email from Doeihu" you would have gotten a different tone of response.

Last edited by singleagain on Fri, Sep 06 2024, 7:14 am; edited 1 time in total

Ruchi  

Post Fri, Sep 06 2024, 6:55 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
Very mature. But you didnt even explain why you posted this. And the usual way of posts on this forum is to have a discussion about the OP. But ok.

It's OK to be OK with a different way of posting too. That's mature.

Elfrida  

Post Fri, Sep 06 2024, 7:00 am
Providing a source for halachic statements, and allowing them to be understood in context is not nitpicking. It is actually recommended in the gemara.

אמר רבי אלעזר א"ר חנינא כל האומר דבר בשם אומרו מביא גאולה לעולם שנאמר ותאמר אסתר למלך בשם מרדכי"

מגילה טו ע"א

Ruchi  

Post Fri, Sep 06 2024, 7:01 am
Elfrida wrote:
Providing a source for halachic statements, and allowing them to be understood in context is not nitpicking. It is actually recommended in the gemara.

אמר רבי אלעזר א"ר חנינא כל האומר דבר בשם אומרו מביא גאולה לעולם שנאמר ותאמר אסתר למלך בשם מרדכי"

מגילה טו ע"א

As you saw, all sources were provided.

Elfrida  

Post Fri, Sep 06 2024, 7:05 am
Ruchi wrote:
As you saw, all sources were provided.

Yes, when I asked, you gave the source of the shiur/email. Had that been provided initially it would have given a context in which to place the email, andcallowed gor better understanding and responses.

Ruchi  

Post Fri, Sep 06 2024, 7:06 am
Elfrida wrote:
Yes, when I asked, you gave the source of the shiur/email. Had that been provided initially it would have given a context in which to place the email, andcallowed gor better understanding and responses.

Halacha sources were provided too.

Elfrida  

Post Fri, Sep 06 2024, 7:06 am
This thread does not seem to be going anywhere positive, and the OP does not seem to want to engage in dialogue about it. I'm wondering if it would be best to lock this thread.

Brit in Israel

Post Fri, Sep 06 2024, 7:09 am
Before it's locked everyone should remember that there is no one Halacha fits all.
Even the same Rav will say different to whoever asks.

Ruchi  

Post Fri, Sep 06 2024, 7:10 am
Elfrida wrote:
This thread does not seem to be going anywhere positive, and the OP does not seem to want to engage in dialogue about it. I'm wondering if it would be best to lock this thread.

My original post was not about myself. Please can you stop having a go at me.
If you have an urgent need to discuss anything halachic you know who to turn to.
If you want to start a general discussion concerning anything in the article, go right ahead. You don't need me for that.

2cents

Post Fri, Sep 06 2024, 7:16 am
I consider myself yeshivishe. The sources quoted in the article, where there are sources quoted, are not all rishonim and widely accepted sources like the shulchan aruch, Mishna berura, and so on.

There are some very community specific sources, that are veering more towards hashkafic guidance rather than halacha. Sources such as Om Ani Chomah, Chelkas Mechokek, Malbushei Mordechai. These are community specific and this article, while published in a wider "chareidi" email, is not halachik norm.

I only skimmed, but for example when it says that if a man and women have to view something in a computer screen together it should be printed, and that they should stand angled so there's no eye contact, and a bunch of other things. This is not halacha. This is guidance and gedarim, according the the mehalech of Rav who wrote this. To pass it off and definitive halacha isn't correct.

ohmygosh

Post Fri, Sep 06 2024, 7:24 am
Elfrida wrote:

Agree with this 100%.

This website is about discussion of topics.

OP seems to have no desire to discuss anything. In fact, her responses have been curt and rude.

I suggest we lock the thread.

sushilover

Post Fri, Sep 06 2024, 7:29 am
Thank you for posting.

Many points are important reminders, and there were some I didn't know. It's interesting that I did a lot of this instinctively without knowing the official guidance.

Obviously, this is about guidance, not saying you will go to hell if you are a drop informal.
These emails are great reminders, but for details, one should always consult a rav, specifically if you are from a different community, have religious OCD, or have specific mitigating circumstances. I would think that would go without saying.

Ruchi  

Post Fri, Sep 06 2024, 7:32 am
ohmygosh wrote:
Agree with this 100%.

This website is about discussion of topics.

OP seems to have no desire to discuss anything. In fact, her responses have been curt and rude.

I suggest we lock the thread.

For the sake of honesty and accuracy, I have been questioned about my motives for posting.

No one has actually attempted to make any discussion regarding the actual contents of my original post.

There is no onus on me to initiate a discussion. Whoever wants to start one, please go right ahead.
Again, I shared something and I'm not the author.

shabbatiscoming

Post Fri, Sep 06 2024, 7:33 am
Ruchi wrote:
Or should I put in a disclaimer "ONLY TO BE READ BY CHAREDI WOMEN" ?

Of course not. Either post it in the chstedi section or put sone sort of psa at the beginning.

Ruchi

Post Fri, Sep 06 2024, 7:33 am
sushilover wrote:
Thank you for posting.

Many points are important reminders, and there were some I didn't know. It's interesting that I did a lot of this instinctively without knowing the official guidance.

Obviously, this is about guidance, not saying you will go to hell if you are a drop informal.
These emails are great reminders, but for details, one should always consult a rav, specifically if you are from a different community, have religious OCD, or have specific mitigating circumstances. I would think that would go without saying.

Well said!

coloredleaves

Post Fri, Sep 06 2024, 7:37 am
For example, Not making eye contact is not a Halacha. Being yeshivish and in a family with talmidi Chachumim I have personally met with a number of gedolim and met and spoken briefly to many rosh yeshivas who are well known and respected in the yeshivish world who certainly make normal eye contact with me - and my diaghters and mother or mother in law as they speak. Whetehr it's a halachic or hashkofic Shaila or eitza or wishing female family Mazel Tov or giving information about something.

Most people in the yeshivish world have experience with their sons esteemed rabbanim and shul rabanim making eye contact when speaking.

The Halacha is not to be too personal. The interpretation of whether eye contact is too personal is an interpretation specific to different communities and contexts. It's fine to interpret it as no eye contact. That is the way soem communities and rabanim apply it- but to say that is mainstream Halacha if you are chareidi is not true. Many , if not most, do not apply it that way.

Also in many work contexts not making eye contact is considered creepy or disrespectful and on those contexts even people who don't make contact in their own community where the norm is no contact, are often told to change that in a work setting.

These nuances are true for many of the issues described here. Some of the examples are most certainly not universal mainstream interpretation even in yeshivish or chareidi circles. The ideas behind the examples are the Torah but the examples are not how everyone interprets the ideas.

Last edited by coloredleaves on Fri, Sep 06 2024, 7:42 am; edited 1 time in total

Elfrida

Post Fri, Sep 06 2024, 7:41 am
Ruchi wrote:
There is no onus on me to initiate a discussion. Whoever wants to start one, please go right ahead.
Again, I shared something and I'm not the author.

By the act of opening a thread, you are initiating a discussion.

Through sharing material with no further comments, you are implying an approval of the subject material.

Through your title line, you are trying to limit that discussion to those who approve of the content material.

Having put the information out there, in which direction would you like to see the discussion going?
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics