Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
I killed my wife
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

NotInNJMommy  

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 12:42 pm
amother [ Calendula ] wrote:
Wow people think they really have power and that there is no god.

This isn't exactly "people". This is reportedly a rav and gaon.

While I have my doubts constantly about the veracity of YWNs reporting and I don't like broad brushing, I think referring to a rav as "thinking he has power" and "that there is no god" or calling what he said "gross" (as some others have) is not appropriate.

amother
  Maple  

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 12:46 pm
NotInNJMommy wrote:

While I have my doubts constantly about the veracity of YWNs reporting and I don't like broad brushing, I think referring to a rav as "thinking he has power" and "that there is no god" or calling what he said "gross" (as some others have) is not appropriate.

It's also very inappropriate to use this story to guilt people into vaccinating. He might have spoken to his community, his circles, it's inappropriate that this is being publicized like this.

NotInNJMommy  

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 12:48 pm
amother [ Maple ] wrote:
It's also very inappropriate to use this story to guilt people into vaccinating. He might have spoken to his community, his circles, it's inappropriate that this is being publicized like this.

That's fair to say and discuss/debate in and off itself, not as a defense to some of the inappropriate comments here.

Rubies  

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 12:49 pm
NotInNJMommy wrote:

I don't think this is coming from the rav quoted. People with agendas take things out of context and write sensational articles often without checking in with the quoted rav at all.

NotInNJMommy

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 12:51 pm
Rubies wrote:
I don't think this is coming from the rav quoted. People with agendas take things out of context and write sensational articles often without checking in with the quoted rav at all.

Well, for now this is being reported as what he said, and if there's accuracy to it, it would 1000% wrong to speak of him like this, or any rav.

And trust me, I disagree with a LOT of rabbonim. I wouldn't refer to their words as "gross" or say they think they are god.

Rubies  

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 12:55 pm
NotInNJMommy wrote:
Well, for now this is being reported as what he said, and if there's accuracy to it, it would 1000% wrong to speak of him like this, or any rav.

And trust me, I disagree with a LOT of rabbonim. I wouldn't refer to their words as "gross" or say they think they are god.

Of course but it's highly suspect that this is not quite true in context or message.

amother
  Calendula

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 12:59 pm
NotInNJMommy wrote:

What he said seems anti Torah to me. And you would respond the same if he said it about other topics. If you agree with a rav then all of sudden no one is allowed to speak out against it? Seems hypocritical

SixOfWands  

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 12:59 pm
Rubies wrote:

There's a video of him speaking -- its in Hebrew, but I assume its what they said.

The agenda here would seem to be discrediting him.

Rubies

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 1:06 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
There's a video of him speaking -- its in Hebrew, but I assume its what they said.

The agenda here would seem to be discrediting him.

Doesn't really matter. People say things to specific people in a certain context with a certain message. It can't be used in any other way.

My point is that many of these articles posted are there due to someone putting it up, not with proper respect and guidance of the quoted Rav.
It's disingenuous.

No comment on the actual info.

amother
  Honeydew  

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 1:13 pm
Funny how all the pro-vaxxers are suddenly so protective of rabbonim

amother
Periwinkle  

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 1:16 pm
amother [ Honeydew ] wrote:

Why, which rabbanim came out publicly against vaxxing for covid?
At most, I saw rabbanim state people should discuss with their doctors.

amother
  Maple  

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 1:16 pm
amother [ Honeydew ] wrote:

Only when it suits their agenda.

amother
  Maple  

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 1:17 pm
amother [ Periwinkle ] wrote:
Why, which rabbanim came out publicly against vaxxing for covid?
At most, I saw rabbanim state people should discuss with their doctors.
[quote]

Many Rabbanim in my community said not to vaxx.

amother
  Periwinkle  

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 1:17 pm
amother [ Maple ] wrote:
Only when it suits their agenda.

So which rabbanim came out against the covid vaccine?

amother
  Periwinkle  

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 1:18 pm
[quote="amother [ Maple ]"]
Quote:

Many Rabbanim in my community said not to vaxx.

When you are not willing to give names it's meaningless. "Many" doesn't mean any if you can't provide even 1 name or public statement. Like this one.

amother
  Honeydew  

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 1:19 pm

I wasn't referring to vaccinating or not. There are plenty of rabbonim both ways on that argument.

I was referring to this specific story.

amother
  Honeydew  

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 1:21 pm
https://www.conservativewoman......tide/

amother
  Coral  

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 1:22 pm

Without giving a name, this statement is worthless

amother
  Maple  

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 1:24 pm
When you are not willing to give names it's meaningless. "Many" doesn't mean any if you can't provide even 1 name or public statement. Like this one.

I'm not that crazy to post the names of our community Rabbanim here only for them to be ripped to shreds. There are Rabbanim that say to vaccinate, there are Rabbanim that say to not vaccinate. Both opinions are valid and everyone should follow what their Rabbi is saying. But it is inappropriate to exploit someone's death to prove a point. (I'm sure that people changed up the story and added salt and pepper so it should make for a sensational story to publicize.)

amother
Daphne

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 1:56 pm
amother [ Cyan ] wrote:
I’d love to answer that husband: you didn’t kill her. Hashem killed her. You tried keeping her as healthy as you can with the information you had at that time. That’s called hishtadlus. Weighing pros and cons and making the best decision at that moment. No reason to feel guilty. You didn’t kill her.

I think the guilt is rather that he convinced her to follow his advice when she wanted otherwise. Both did their hishtadlus and made a decision based on the information. But he convinced her to what he wanted, despite her wanting to do otherwise.

There's more ground to stand on that the wife may not have fared so badly if she would have been vaccinated than saying the vaccine would have her caused fatal harm.

(disclaimer - this doesn't include the concept of Hashem's will. This is just to point out the emotions of this poor man.)
Page 2 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics