Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Kashering and Turning over

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 10 2024, 5:35 pm
When are you? Before shabbos of after? Pesach starts Monday night this year

amother
Lightcoral

Post Wed, Apr 10 2024, 5:36 pm
The plan is on Tuesday night ih.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Wed, Apr 10 2024, 5:43 pm
The plan is Thursday night

amother
Ruby

Post Wed, Apr 10 2024, 5:45 pm
Sunday night a week before bedikas chometz.
I usually give myself 5 days but this year the way my schedule is at work and with the kids' vacation schedule, this is what makes sense.

amother
NeonOrange

Post Wed, Apr 10 2024, 5:56 pm
This coming Monday iyh. I work very slowly, have a little baby and can't pull all nighters, so I need to give myself plenty of time.

Ema of 5

Post Wed, Apr 10 2024, 6:00 pm
amother OP wrote:
When are you? Before shabbos of after? Pesach starts Monday night this year

Monday night, going shopping on Tuesday.

amother
Heather

Post Wed, Apr 10 2024, 7:11 pm
We always turn over (actually kasher the sink) on a motzai Shabbos. This year that gives us a week+ for covering & cooking

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Apr 10 2024, 8:23 pm
The motzai shabbat right before pesach (not this one, but next)

dena613

Post Wed, Apr 10 2024, 9:36 pm
I'm thinking Tuesday-wednesday

heidi

Post Wed, Apr 10 2024, 9:46 pm
Friday before shabbat hagadol. BH going away for shabbat hagadol to relatives who go to a hotel for Pesach.

amother
Zinnia

Post Wed, Apr 10 2024, 9:46 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:
The motzai shabbat right before pesach (not this one, but next)

Yup, not being home first days so not pressure to get alll the cooing done. On Chol H will make suppers and prep shabbos and then second day.

I do want to get some basics into the freezer though. Kugel, shredded beets, sorbet and meat. Maybe compote, soup and cookies. I have Sunday to figure out freezer friendly foods.

amother
Ebony

Post Wed, Apr 10 2024, 10:51 pm
We'll be away for the first days so we're planning on turning over the m"s right before Pesach. If we were staying home the whole time we'd probably turn over Wednesday night.

Elfrida

Post Wed, Apr 10 2024, 11:35 pm
Planning to have everything ready to go on Friday, and then motzei Shabbos give everything a final wipe over and then turn over. It's really all done already, just the fridge needs to be cleaned properly.

Next Shabbos will be a combination of Pesach food, take out, and eating on the mirpesset.

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 2:08 am
amother Zinnia wrote:
Yup, not being home first days so not pressure to get alll the cooing done. On Chol H will make suppers and prep shabbos and then second day.

I do want to get some basics into the freezer though. Kugel, shredded beets, sorbet and meat. Maybe compote, soup and cookies. I have Sunday to figure out freezer friendly foods.

We are home, but still next motzei shabbat.
There is more than enough time. One seder, one day meal to prep.

ganmama

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 3:56 am
We’re flipping Motzei Shabbos haGadol. We’re out for Seder and will either eat home or go out for YT day. But I can prep a seuda for 2 (DH is vegetarian so even easier) Sunday if I need to.

amother
Zinnia

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 4:04 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
We are home, but still next motzei shabbat.
There is more than enough time. One seder, one day meal to prep.

True but we like to relax on Chol H and go out with the kids. Also, the kids are home all day so I am busy with them.

amother
Natural

Post Fri, Apr 12 2024, 11:24 am
Monday night. Being home most meals and I like to cook everything before yt besides fish and salads that I make fresh for second days. On yt I pull everyone out of freezer and into oven.

amother
Cinnamon

Post Fri, Apr 12 2024, 2:08 pm
My kids and families will begin arriving Thursday. So I Plan to clean out my kitchen on Sunday and Monday. Shop on Tuesday . Kasher on Tuesday . Shop more on Wednesday, cook on Wednesday. Collapse Wednesday night Wink . Thursday spend time with my kids and grandkids on Thursday while doing some light cooking /baking. Friday the same and do some easy prep for shabbos. More company who need help and attention (not my own kids ) will be arriving sunday. I hope to have the vast majority of cooking done by Sunday afternoon erev bedikas chametz so then I can concentrate on seder prep and preparing food for everyone who will be starving on a long erev Pesach. My (unrealistic?) hope will be to get a decent amount of sleep Sunday night.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry