Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays
Kreplach how long to boil

dena613

Post Sun, Sep 24 2023, 11:19 am
First time ever doing kreplach
Have store bought

How long to boil?
I see online anywhere from 3 min to 20 min??

pinkpeonies

Post Sun, Sep 24 2023, 11:24 am
dena613 wrote:
Have store bought

How long to boil?

I just put in my soup and let it cook all day, but I would prob do at least 20 mins

This is my first year getting store bought, I always make from scratch, and I’m very proud of myself!! I’m pregnant and don’t need to do the extra work:)

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Sun, Sep 24 2023, 11:44 am
Some recipes have cooked meat and some raw meat. Raw meat needs longer. For the dough itself, 3 minutes is sufficient. I can't imagine cooking it all day, they fall apart so easily!

ra_mom

Post Sun, Sep 24 2023, 11:46 am
dena613 wrote:
Have store bought

How long to boil?

If it's store bought sealed frozen packages it takes about 15-20 minutes to soften.

If it's from takeout, just 3 minutes to warm or it will fall apart.

Ema of 5

Post Sun, Sep 24 2023, 12:15 pm
I have frozen ones from the grocery takeout. Usually I get from my MIL. Every year either the dough stays raw, or they are in too long and they fall apart….part of my wants to just boil them separately and then put one into each bowl of soup as I serve it. If I just do it in water, how long would I need to boil them for?

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Sun, Sep 24 2023, 12:22 pm
Ema of 5 wrote:
I have frozen ones from the grocery takeout. Usually I get from my MIL. Every year either the dough stays raw, or they are in too long and they fall apart….part of my wants to just boil them separately and then put one into each bowl of soup as I serve it. If I just do it in water, how long would I need to boil them for?

That's what I do but I'm not sure about the frozen part. I think you should be able to see when the dough becomes almost translucent.
I use a Chinese straining spoon to remove them on to a plate and then add separately to each bowl.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Sep 24 2023, 2:05 pm
Ema of 5 wrote:

Takeout ones fall apart faster than the factory made ones.
Thaw it so it's no longer frozen. Add to salted boiling water for no longer than 3 min.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics