Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Why in heavens name-pre sukkos Daycamp
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP  

Post Yesterday at 2:10 pm
Why in heavens name
I just saw somewhere, pre sukkos Daycamp.
Why in heaven’s name do schools have off on Tuesday????
Ridiculous!!!!

mha3484  

Post Yesterday at 2:12 pm
Your lucky my girl is off erev YK til after sukkos and I think its insane. My boys have Sunday and half day Monday which I think should be a full day for everyone. I can kind of understand Tuesday off since sukkos is Wed evening but Monday is too much.

amother
Banana

Post Yesterday at 2:14 pm
I work in a school and plan on thoroughly enjoying my Tuesday off. Guilt-free. Tongue Out

amother
NeonGreen  

Post Yesterday at 2:20 pm
Wondering the same. Why are my elementary kids off Tuesday? I will be working full time on Wednesday too and will figure out how to cook without having 2 full days off. Oh but don't forget to give the teachers extra tips on chasdei lev because they work so hard. Banging head

amother
  OP  

Post Yesterday at 2:21 pm
When we were kids we didn’t have off the day before erev sukkos.

amother
Pewter

Post Yesterday at 2:23 pm
It’s hard for me to have my little ones home in Tuesday but I fargin the rebbe’s and teachers an extra day to get things done. It’s not easy making sukkos!

amother
Daffodil

Post Yesterday at 2:24 pm
amother NeonGreen wrote:
Wondering the same. Why are my elementary kids off Tuesday? I will be working full time on Wednesday too and will figure out how to cook without having 2 full days off. Oh but don't forget to give the teachers extra tips on chasdei lev because they work so hard. Banging head

You realize that the teachers don't make the schedule

mha3484  

Post Yesterday at 2:24 pm
In defense of moros, I fargin them Tuesday off even though I work full time. I get mine on legal holidays when they teach and probably a lot more vacation days then my friends who teach get. Every employer has different perks and its part of the greater package of employment. But there has to be a limit to how many erev days and to me any days off before Tuesday feels excessive.

amother
  NeonGreen  

Post Yesterday at 2:28 pm
amother Daffodil wrote:
You realize that the teachers don't make the schedule

They definitely have a say. Imagine if they were told to come to work on erev yom tov you think they wouldn't say anything? My kids school calendar has changed with more time given off due to the teachers complaining...and I know this from a teacher who works in the school that the school tried to give less vacation and the teachers protested so they had no choice.

amother
  NeonGreen  

Post Yesterday at 2:29 pm
amother Pewter wrote:
It’s hard for me to have my little ones home in Tuesday but I fargin the rebbe’s and teachers an extra day to get things done. It’s not easy making sukkos!

And it's easy for working moms to make sukkos and now struggle to find childcare too? So ridiculous. Don't go crying about low salaries when you work minimal hours.

amother
Hyacinth  

Post Yesterday at 2:36 pm
amother NeonGreen wrote:
They definitely have a say. Imagine if they were told to come to work on erev yom tov you think they wouldn't say anything? My kids school calendar has changed with more time given off due to the teachers complaining...and I know this from a teacher who works in the school that the school tried to give less vacation and the teachers protested so they had no choice.

I'm a teacher that's actually working on Tuesday because my school has on then, but I don't understand your point at all. If your boss gave you a day off, would you say you don't want it???

amother
Lightblue  

Post Yesterday at 2:36 pm
amother NeonGreen wrote:
I applaud any school that cares this much about their teachers! It's a hard field that nobody is joining or staying in because of various, unfortunate reasons.

amother
  Hyacinth  

Post Yesterday at 2:37 pm
amother NeonGreen wrote:
And it's easy for working moms to make sukkos and now struggle to find childcare too? So ridiculous. Don't go crying about low salaries when you work minimal hours.

If teachers have such an easier life, than quit your job and become one. I guarantee you could find a job in a few minutes, since there is such a shortage due to salaries.

amother
  Lightblue  

Post Yesterday at 2:37 pm
amother NeonGreen wrote:
Then don't send to schools and homeschool or become a teacher yourself if it's so desirable

amother
  NeonGreen  

Post Yesterday at 2:45 pm
amother Hyacinth wrote:
If teachers have such an easier life, than quit your job and become one. I guarantee you could find a job in a few minutes, since there is such a shortage due to salaries.

There is no shortage in my kids school they pay well and give tons of perks.

amother
  NeonGreen  

Post Yesterday at 2:46 pm
amother Lightblue wrote:
Then don't send to schools and homeschool or become a teacher yourself if it's so desirable

If I had only girls I 100% would homeschool

amother
Sapphire

Post Yesterday at 2:47 pm
I actually wish my husband would be a Rebbi. My father is a rebbi and they have so so many perks these days. It certainly wasn’t like that when we were growing up! M

amother
Lightpink

Post Yesterday at 2:49 pm
amother Pewter wrote:

What about the working moms? Why doesn't anyone fargin them a day of not having to struggle to find child care?

Why do rebbes and morahs get more days off than regular working people? it's a job just like our office jobs.

mha3484  

Post Yesterday at 3:05 pm
I have 3 boys and their rebbeim teach Sunday- Friday. They are only off shabbos. I don't work Sundays do you? My boys have yeshiva the Sunday after Yom Kippur and half day Monday so they are off for 1.5 days. They have off one day for YK and had off one day for RH.

I get off 7 major legal holidays, yom tovim, half days on chol ha moed, and 2 weeks to do what I want with. I come out ahead for sure.

amother
Scarlet

Post Yesterday at 3:05 pm
mha3484 wrote:
Your lucky my girl is off erev YK til after sukkos and I think its insane. My boys have Sunday and half day Monday which I think should be a full day for everyone. I can kind of understand Tuesday off since sukkos is Wed evening but Monday is too much.

Jr high or high school? Or elementary?

We're used to teen boys and girls landing off for extended periods of time but little ones is a day or two around my town....
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics