Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Machane Kadosh

amother
OP  

Post Wed, Aug 07 2024, 4:01 pm
Got a letter from our school to setup an appointment with Machane Kadosh. What is this place? What do they do?

Also I’m not getting this, will the schools be putting cameras into our home soon too?

amother
Brunette

Post Wed, Aug 07 2024, 4:13 pm
amother OP wrote:
Got a letter from our school to setup an appointment with Machane Kadosh. What is this place? What do they do?

Also I’m not getting this, will the schools be putting cameras into our home soon too?
l
Of course. How else will they know if you are doing taharas hamishpacha the right way, or that your kashrus is up to their standards?

amother
Broom

Post Wed, Aug 07 2024, 4:20 pm
Here's a recent thread OP, where some describe their experiences: https://www.imamother.com/foru.....68962

And another one from 1-2 years ago: https://www.imamother.com/foru.....69884

amother
Seafoam

Post Thu, Aug 08 2024, 8:48 am
I recently went and was smooth for me. They basically streamline the system for the specific schools that signed up to them. (they basically tell you which filter your school requires) Then, after talking to you and you and your husband signing a paper with your name address phone number email and the school that sent you there, you need to check off and sign specific statements, like you don't have any other devices at home with internet access, you won't have a phone without a filter etc etc.. (maybe I did this here cuz my phones were already Tagged with a filter) Then, he told me he'll let the school know.
(I can have any site open that I request)
They charge $50 (I'm not sure why:( I hear that the schools get most of it as a kickback for using this place.. I agree with none of this.
My friend who didn't have a filter was sent to TAG AND had to send a screenshot of her phones homescreen with the FILTER app on it and then was told they will let the school know...

cnc

Post Thu, Aug 08 2024, 8:53 am
I used them last year and dit not have to pay any fees...

amother
  OP

Post Mon, Aug 12 2024, 9:11 pm
Ended up going he was very nice and explained really well. He also said some stuff I’m sure the schools wouldn’t necessarily have said but also made him sound normal and not out of this world. He did put a filter on my phone on the spot I didn’t have to go elsewhere. $50 fee to him plus standard filter fee to the filter company.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics