Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
2024 Summer Olympics!
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP  

Post Fri, Jul 26 2024, 10:00 am
Is anyone else excited for the Olympics? Let’s talk about it! I always love women’s gymnastics, swimming and diving but honestly will watch most sports even the ones I know nothing about . It’s so fun to see these amazing athletes all competing so hard.

I am worried about the safety of the Israeli athletes this year but hope they are well-protected.

amother
Clover  

Post Fri, Jul 26 2024, 10:10 am
I thought I was the only one who was into it ..
I'm obsessed with gymnastics, though I have to say I'm disappointed that the 3 rising stars all had injuries during trials Sad
I really would have liked to see them.
Regarding safety, I think they're taking it more seriously that previous years - can't imagine they'll want another 1972 olympics Crying

amother
  Clover  

Post Sun, Jul 28 2024, 8:40 am
Anyone following gymnastics?
What is going on with the men's team, 1 guy made an event final!!
I'm sad that Jade won't be able to defend g
Her gold title. I like her, and contrary to what people said in 2021, I loved her floor routine.
Honest, I'm sick of Simone and all the hype.
She's a nice person, I've watched interviews but it's not all about her. "Simone Biles and Team"
It's Team USA
And, she tweaked her foot...

amother
Grape

Post Sun, Jul 28 2024, 9:18 am
I love winter Olympics, skiing, skating..

amother
  Clover  

Post Sun, Jul 28 2024, 9:33 am
Ice dancing is my favorite, I find it more "smooth" than figure skating If that makes sense.

amother
Forestgreen  

Post Sun, Jul 28 2024, 9:44 am
I was very turned off when I read about the opening ceremony. I don’t get the purpose or target audience. Don’t they want to make money and get viewers? Why alienate people?

amother
  Clover  

Post Sun, Jul 28 2024, 9:54 am
I didn't watch the opening ceremony, and honestly, I'm not really following the "politics of it" I just follow the sports, but I have to say,the artistic Israeli swim team and bring them home was a statement.
But I heard they can't wear the yellow ribbon

amother
  OP  

Post Sun, Jul 28 2024, 2:39 pm
So sad for the French women’s gymnastics team. It seems like everything that could go wrong for them did, and now they’re likely out of all the follow up competitions (team, all around , event finals).

I’ll watch the US rotation on replay after my kids are in bed tonight.

SuperWify  

Post Sun, Jul 28 2024, 2:58 pm
Wait are we not going to talk about the horrific opening “show”?

sequoia

Post Sun, Jul 28 2024, 3:07 pm
Mmm…. do we have such a big problem with the Last Supper being made fun of?

SuperWify

Post Sun, Jul 28 2024, 3:53 pm
sequoia wrote:
Mmm…. do we have such a big problem with the Last Supper being made fun of?

When LGBT come for religion then yes, I do. Cuz you’re next you know.

chanatron1000

Post Sun, Jul 28 2024, 4:07 pm
SuperWify wrote:
When LGBT come for religion then yes, I do. Cuz you’re next you know.

We're not "next," they got to us already. And the Christians got there first, actually.

amother
Apricot  

Post Sun, Jul 28 2024, 4:11 pm
How can I watch these in the us

Elfrida  

Post Sun, Jul 28 2024, 4:11 pm
I was mildly miffed at not being able to watch it, since it started after candle lighting Israeli time. Reading the reviews, I don't think I missed anything.

Trademark

Post Sun, Jul 28 2024, 4:17 pm
There is this athlete that refused to shake his Israeli opponent's hand and said allu akbar. Very soon after he dislocated his shoulder and was crying in pain.

amother
  Clover  

Post Sun, Jul 28 2024, 4:36 pm
amother OP wrote:
So sad for the French women’s gymnastics team. It seems like everything that could go wrong for them did, and now they’re likely out of all the follow up competitions (team, all around , event finals).

I’ll watch the US rotation on replay after my kids are in bed tonight.

I'm really sad for the French team also.
It was so nice to see them win bronze last year, the excitement, they were finally in the running for medals..

Lady A

Post Sun, Jul 28 2024, 4:45 pm
I thought the opening was in very poor taste. I saw clips motzei shabbos.
I follow US Track and Field. As a teen, I competed in track and field in school. I have a friend who medaled in the SydneyGames.
I don’t know anything about the Israeli team. Just hope HaShem keeps them safe.

Elfrida  

Post Sun, Jul 28 2024, 5:21 pm
Trademark wrote:
There is this athlete that refused to shake his Israeli opponent's hand and said allu akbar. Very soon after he dislocated his shoulder and was crying in pain.

There have been lots of athletes refusing to shake the hands of Israeli competitors, both in this and previous Olympic Games. And considering they were competing in Judo, a dislocated shoulder is a known risk.

amother
  OP  

Post Sun, Jul 28 2024, 8:04 pm
amother Apricot wrote:
How can I watch these in the us

If you have a subscription to Peacock, you can watch live during the day. Otherwise NBC broadcasts highlights at night.

If you’re technically adapt (can set up VPNs and whatnot) there are probably ways to watch feeds from other countries but I don’t know how to do that.

amother
Petunia

Post Mon, Jul 29 2024, 5:58 am
I love the Olympics and will watch practically every sport, which is hilarious to my kids because normally I hate sports. My favorites are gymnastics and swimming. I love the US gymnastics team and am blown away by their talent and determination. Most of the broadcasts are on NBC (Channel 4 in NY) in the evening and then they are recapped on late night. I think NBC also has some highlights in the morning. You can watch other times on video recorded on Youtube.
I had to turn off the opening to light candles on Friday. Don't think I missed much.
Found it very exciting that an Israeli swimmer made the qualifiers for a women's event. Would love if Israel won gold on something and they played Hatikva, but unaware of any likely gold prospects.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics