Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Budget summer trip 3-4 days

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 19 2024, 12:02 am
I know it's last minute so I don't know where there will still be air bnbs available...

We are mostly teens but with a tagalong toddler-baby. So the interest level needs to be teen but the venues need to be stroller/family friendly.

I was thinking Niagara because pretty, nature, never been. But other than seeing the waterfalls, is there anything to do that isn't expensive? What is there to do at all? Coming from NY so was thinking of taking a couple of state park hikes along the way but we would need some variety.

Was also thinking maybe DC because I know most of the museums there are free. Think it'll be too hot and stuffy this time of year? Do you need to have made reservations in advance? What's good on the way from NY? Is there anywhere to stay that's not expensive?

Very open to other ideas that are both interesting and budget friendly. We're spending the weekend upstate so we can launch from there (that's how Niagara is a reasonable distance - much closer from there) or we can go back to the city first.

I don't need a single destination, I'm ok with doing more road trip style where we spend each day in a different place. Point is to get the family a change of scenery without breaking the bank.

amother
Impatiens

Post Mon, Aug 19 2024, 12:26 am
You can do finger lakes region. Air bnb there isn’t too $$$, can do hikes/state parks with beautiful water falls. (Watkins glen is beautiful). Can go to Corning Museum of glass. Can check out the beautiful towns along the lakes, do boating. From there you can continue up to Niagara for one day, but not even necessary.

amother
Black

Post Mon, Aug 19 2024, 1:23 am
Driving up I’d stop in Watkins Glen and letchworth state park. Both really nice parks along the way.

amother
Tomato

Post Mon, Aug 19 2024, 7:03 am
We are going to New Hampshire Sunday-Thursday. Has stuff for all ages.
Staying in a hotel not expensive
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics