Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
What is the ulta hair relaxer treatment dd wants to do?

amother
OP  

Post Tue, Jul 23 2024, 1:38 pm
Dd told me her friends were doing it and she wants to do it. What is it?

Amarante  

Post Tue, Jul 23 2024, 3:39 pm
It is probably a keratin treatment.

They have been around for a long time - over ten years. They aren't as popular as they used to be because very straight hair is no longer considered as trendy. Now trendy is more soft waves.

Many salons offer them - the result is going to depend on the skill of the stylist doing the actual treatment.

amother
  OP  

Post Tue, Jul 23 2024, 3:56 pm
Thank you for your reply. I asked her specifically if it’s keratin because I knew about this awhile ago but she said it’s not. It’s a new thing

Amarante

Post Tue, Jul 23 2024, 4:03 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thank you for your reply. I asked her specifically if it’s keratin because I knew about this awhile ago but she said it’s not. It’s a new thing

Call up ULTA Salon to see because I haven't heard about a new straightening treatment

ULTA did introduce something called Keratin Express which is supposed to be significantly quicker - like 15 minutes and also less expensive.

When I knew people who were having it done a decade ago, it took a few hours and it was also quite expensive - like $400

Nothing listed except various Keratin options - blowouts that work on "texture" and straighteners

https://www.ulta.com/beautyser.....salon

amother
Amaranthus  

Post Tue, Jul 23 2024, 4:18 pm
Pro addiction?

My daughter did it. It’s very expensive but worked in taming her frizz.

amother
  OP  

Post Tue, Jul 23 2024, 4:34 pm
amother Amaranthus wrote:
Pro addiction?

My daughter did it. It’s very expensive but worked in taming her frizz.

Yes this is the one. It’s only for frizz not straightening. What is it exactly? Dd has beautiful straight a little wavy hair she thinks it gets frizzy and puffy (but not really). How much is it? Can you give me please details what it entails?

amother
Eggshell

Post Tue, Jul 23 2024, 4:38 pm
I know a few girls who did it shidduchc age. They all raved how amazing it was to not have frizz and never have to worry about styling their hair but honestly I thought they all looked better when they had more life/height/character, even if it comes with frizz.
Personal opinion and most girls disagree.

(Same girls got super flat wigs once married that also didn’t look amazing g to me…hello the celebrities usually style their hair and wigs always made you look prettier, with height)

amother
  OP  

Post Tue, Jul 23 2024, 4:40 pm
amother Eggshell wrote:
I know a few girls who did it shidduchc age. They all raved how amazing it was to not have frizz and never have to worry about styling their hair but honestly I thought they all looked better when they had more life/height/character, even if it comes with frizz.
Personal opinion and most girls disagree.

(Same girls got super flat wigs once married that also didn’t look amazing g to me…hello the celebrities usually style their hair and wigs always made you look prettier, with height)

Yes she is shiduch age just started. It looks like you are saying it’s too pretty…

amother
  Amaranthus  

Post Tue, Jul 23 2024, 4:42 pm
amother OP wrote:
Yes this is the one. It’s only for frizz not straightening. What is it exactly? Dd has beautiful straight a little wavy hair she thinks it gets frizzy and puffy (but not really). How much is it? Can you give me please details what it entails?

There are many people who do it. You can see who on the website Proaddiction.com Shop around because the price can vary from $200-700. It takes a couple of hours. They set the product with heat. It’s supposed to last till the hair grows in. I don’t know if it keeps hair perfectly straight all the time.

amother
  OP  

Post Tue, Jul 23 2024, 4:45 pm
amother Amaranthus wrote:
There are many people who do it. You can see who on the website Proaddiction.com Shop around because the price can vary from $200-700. It takes a couple of hours. They set the product with heat. It’s supposed to last till the hair grows in. I don’t know if it keeps hair perfectly straight all the time.

She doesn’t need her hair to be straight only not fuzzy

Post Tue, Jul 23 2024, 5:24 pm
its gonna work but it doesn't last too long...
maybe like 4 or 5 months

amother
  OP  

Post Tue, Jul 23 2024, 5:58 pm
1346 wrote:
its gonna work but it doesn't last too long...
maybe like 4 or 5 months

I wonder if it ruins the hair because of the chemicals

amother
  Amaranthus

Post Tue, Jul 23 2024, 6:11 pm
amother OP wrote:
I wonder if it ruins the hair because of the chemicals

It’s not chemicals. It’s a really deep conditioning.

amother
Clematis  

Post Tue, Jul 23 2024, 7:52 pm
My daughter did proaddiction twice. It lasted about a year, but that's specific to each person. The person who did it said it can last anywhere from 6 months and on depending on how fast the hair grows in. She also asked my daughter how straight she wants it, it definitely can be a full straightening but sounds like you have the option of making it a bit more wavy if you want. The time it takes and the cost depends on how thick, long and frizzy the hair is, and how straight you want it to be. My daughter is thrilled with the results. She heard from friends that it makes a difference who you use, some of them who used other people didn't get great results.

amother
  OP  

Post Tue, Jul 23 2024, 8:11 pm
amother Clematis wrote:
My daughter did proaddiction twice. It lasted about a year, but that's specific to each person. The person who did it said it can last anywhere from 6 months and on depending on how fast the hair grows in. She also asked my daughter how straight she wants it, it definitely can be a full straightening but sounds like you have the option of making it a bit more wavy if you want. The time it takes and the cost depends on how thick, long and frizzy the hair is, and how straight you want it to be. My daughter is thrilled with the results. She heard from friends that it makes a difference who you use, some of them who used other people didn't get great results.

Did your daughter wanted to straighten her hair or to get rid of the frizz?

amother
  Clematis

Post Tue, Jul 23 2024, 8:19 pm
amother OP wrote:
Did your daughter wanted to straighten her hair or to get rid of the frizz?

She wanted to straighten

amother
  OP

Post Tue, Jul 23 2024, 8:21 pm
amother Clematis wrote:
She wanted to straighten

Dd ants only for frizz. I just called a salon and they said for frizz they will do a very light treatment. I wonder if it pays and I need to find a good salon.

mommybrr

Post Tue, Jul 23 2024, 9:57 pm
amother Clematis wrote:

Can I ask who you used? Location?
Looking to do this for my daughter.
You can pm me if you aren't comfortable sharing publicly. Thanks
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics