Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Wet hair at bedtime

amother
OP  

Post Wed, Sep 04 2024, 4:27 pm
I bathe my 2.5 year old right before she goes to bed. She doesn’t have very long hair but it’s starting to get longer and after towel drying it is still very damp.
I feel as though its not good for her to go to sleep with such wet hair- it makes her pillow damp etc.
Does everyone else’s kids go to bed with wet hair? Should I be blow drying it a little?
Tips please!

imaima  

Post Wed, Sep 04 2024, 4:29 pm
Yes
I don’t care

Elfrida  

Post Wed, Sep 04 2024, 4:31 pm
Children that age often don't like the noise of the dryer round their head. It won't hurt her to go to sleep with damp hair, but if you're worried, you can move bathtime up by an hour or so.

LovesHashem

Post Wed, Sep 04 2024, 4:32 pm
I go to bed with wet hair. What's the issue?

amother
Chestnut

Post Wed, Sep 04 2024, 4:32 pm
My kids all sleep with wet hair.

Elfrida

Post Wed, Sep 04 2024, 4:39 pm
LovesHashem wrote:
I go to bed with wet hair. What's the issue?

It is traditionally considered to increase risks of a cold, bronchitis, pneumonia, etc.
It doesn't, as long g as the room is adequately heated.

More practically, it might stain the pillow case.

amother
Vanilla

Post Wed, Sep 04 2024, 5:16 pm
put down a towel on the pillow to absorb the water and its fine

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Sep 04 2024, 7:10 pm
I never liked it. My kids bathed in the morning since we were up early.

amother
Jade

Post Wed, Sep 04 2024, 7:17 pm
Towel dry it a bit more thoroughly, but I think the pneumonia and bronchitis is a Bubbe meiseh.

amother
  OP

Post Thu, Sep 05 2024, 1:46 pm
Thanks for all the advice! I will probably keep doing as I am and just towel dry more.

amother
NeonPink

Post Thu, Sep 05 2024, 3:47 pm
I sleep with wet hair every night and I'm fine.
I doubt your toddler's hair is wet for much time after she falls asleep, thin baby hair dries very quickly.
My hair on the other hand is sometimes still wet it the morning Can't Believe It

Amarante

Post Thu, Sep 05 2024, 4:13 pm
Elfrida wrote:
It is traditionally considered to increase risks of a cold, bronchitis, pneumonia, etc.
It doesn't, as long g as the room is adequately heated.

More practically, it might stain the pillow case.

A Bubbeeister Very Happy

I remember reading a study where they had people keep their feet in a pan of cold water and sit in front of an open windows.

They didn't catch more "colds" than the control group.

You catch a cold typically when your hands touch the virus and then you rub your eyes or possibly stuff your finger in your nose. But most adults will get it from the eyes.

Even before COVID I was pretty fanatic about washing my hands and using sanitizer because I couldn't "afford" to get sick - even a cold and I pretty much avoid the usual colds.

Of course flu is extremely contagious and airborne. There was an airplane flight in which one person had the flu and it spread to a huge percentage of the other passengers on that flight.

tichellady

Post Thu, Sep 05 2024, 5:18 pm
I wouldn’t wash her hair every day

amother
Amaryllis

Post Thu, Sep 05 2024, 5:32 pm
I blow fry my toddlers hair. I dry first with a towel then blow-dry. What's an extra five minutes.

Sometimes I put a towel over her pillow. If I'm going out in the winter ever with wet hair always blowdry.I would never let my kids out any other way. Best I'll give the shower first and let it air dry.

michimochi

Post Mon, Sep 09 2024, 2:38 am
Just popping in to say that am I the only one who blow dries my LO's hair every hair wash since 2 months old?! My mom also blowdried my hair every time. For reference, I live in a very hot climate... (and my kid's hair is extra long, so no need to say 2 month olds don't have enough hair to necessitate blowdrying LOL just believe me that it was)

Also, it is specifically the nose being cold that stunts the nose's ability to fight/block potential illnesses coming in. So yes, a wet head could contribute to incidence of illness, but it is not the only factor of course.

imaima

Post Mon, Sep 09 2024, 3:06 am
Thats the reason why some people struggle with bedtime and baths and others don’t.

If your toddler bath involves a full hair routine while the rest of the kids are busy destroying the house, then I get it

amother
Lemonchiffon

Post Mon, Sep 09 2024, 3:51 am
Some of my kids are bothered by wet pillows and have a hand towel to put down when their hair is wet.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics