Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
What jobs dont exist in Israel?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

amother
Clematis

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 8:41 am
AFAIK (not 100%): No National Park Rangers

There are Snowboard Instructors, but the off season is much greater than someone who lives in Alaska. It would be a toughie.

amother
Clematis

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 8:43 am
No lay midwives (would need to upgrade to Certified Nursing Midwife, or downgrade to doula)

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 8:43 am
amother Honeydew wrote:
A lot of the Manhattan jobs. Like those giant companies that have tons of various jobs. Can’t think of any of those people I know finding that position in Israel.
What does this mean? What kind of job? Why specifically manhattan?

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 8:44 am
amother Clematis wrote:
AFAIK (not 100%): No National Park Rangers

There are Snowboard Instructors, but the off season is much greater than someone who lives in Alaska. It would be a toughie.
Now that sounds like a very cool job that yes, would not be something viable in israel. The snow on har hermon is not there all year round a all.

amother
Aubergine

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 8:48 am
I’m on that thread and sis my job doesn’t exist. I’m a lawyer in a niche field of law that doesn’t exist in Israel and can’t be done 100% remotely.

amother
Clematis

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 8:53 am
AFAIK there are no Drivers Education teachers (who teach theory in high schools) The closest would be a Driving Instructor (who teaches 1 on 1 in the car)

amother
Clematis

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 8:54 am
POTUS

amother
Mintgreen

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 8:59 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
These are interesting. I mean, there is an army here with many who have careers in it. And there is a postal service, so how is it different?

Army- I believe it wouldn't transfer your ranks etc, right?

amother
Gardenia

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 9:02 am
Dh works for state government. That job doesn’t exist in Israel. I mean of course there are Israeli govt jobs but dh doesn’t speak Hebrew.

honey36

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 9:05 am
I would think the most difficult "job" to transfer would be in the world of business- basically not salaried positions/employee, but business owners who have worked years to build up their businesses in Chul which are now very profitable, and would have to start from scratch in Israel. So it's not really about the transfering of degrees or whatever.

Isn't there also like a Mafia on certain businesses in Israel? For example supermarkets- all the very large ones are owned by 3 families and they won't let you enter the business. So if you were a supermarket owner in Chul how would you transfer that to Israel?

mummy85

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 9:05 am
I know a Physicians assistant here who works in Shaarei Tzedek. It's a newer thing but it does exist.

joonabug

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 9:11 am
I think bcba or aba therapist doesnt exist in israel

amother
Dahlia

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 9:15 am
Quote:
I’m a lawyer in a niche field of law that doesn’t exist in Israel and can’t be done 100% remotely.

My DH also works in a very niche legal field dealing with multi million dollar court cases that don't exist outside of the US

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 9:16 am
amother Clematis wrote:
AFAIK there are no Drivers Education teachers (who teach theory in high schools) The closest would be a Driving Instructor (who teaches 1 on 1 in the car)
I mean my daughter literally just took her theory test IN school. So there are teachers who teach theory in high schools here Smile

amother
Mintgreen

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 9:17 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
What is this?

Diversity equity and inclusion Can't Believe It
Better not to know

amother
Chartreuse

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 9:19 am
essie14 wrote:
But a million other coffee bars where a barista can work 😉

Starbucks actually has amazing benefits that most coffee bars don’t provide. Pretty sure they cover IVF and some people with infertility work for them just to get that benefit.

Elfrida

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 9:20 am
amother Chartreuse wrote:
Starbucks actually has amazing benefits that most coffee bars don’t provide. Pretty sure they cover IVF and some people with infertility work for them just to get that benefit.

Thats covered anyway on kupat cholim for any Israeli.

ora_43

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 9:22 am
Community rabbi?

There's a parallel job with a similar name, but it's really not the same job. There are few if any rabbis here hired directly by a community, and serving in a role that combines halachic knowledge, outreach, community building, and social/emotional support. The closest thing I could think of (in purpose, not in title) is being a kiruv rabbi, but that's not quite the same.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 9:23 am
Elfrida wrote:
Thats covered anyway on kupat cholim for any Israeli.

Lol very good point! Forgot about that.

amother
Dimgray

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 9:39 am
It’s not that the jobs don’t exist, it’s that some jobs aren’t transferable. My husband is a property owner and manager (for his own and other properties) and he does real estate syndication.
He travels to all the properties all the time. He needs to be on site very often. You can’t just get to Israel and magically acquire similar properties without major financial loss.
It’s not that property managers and real estate owners and syndicators don’t exist. It’s that there is a whole other market in Israel and let’s face it, real estate is all about connections. We’re not rich enough to take the hit.
Page 3 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions