Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Seminary Info
Israeli father how to send daughter to seminary in Israel

Tries2BGoodMom

Post Tue, Jul 02 2024, 8:39 am
Hello my daughter will be going to sem (we are in tristate area) but DH is a dual Israeli/American. I was told we can’t do a student visa for my daughter (who has a US passport). Anyone run into this issue and how did you resolve it? TIA.

amother
Gold

Post Tue, Jul 02 2024, 8:44 am
Ya I was that daughter
It’s fine
You go in on a tourist visa and then you just over stay
When u come back to israel if you go home for Pesach there Going to say nu your Israeli… just say your working on it blah blah it worked for me multiple times

amother
Turquoise

Post Tue, Jul 02 2024, 9:31 am
I don’t know with the political situation now I’d be more careful
There was a detailed letter in the Mishpacha about this, maybe somebody knows the organization in Israel that deals with this

amother
Diamond

Post Tue, Jul 02 2024, 9:34 am
My seminary gave very specific instructions on what to do for a visa and someone to reach out to specifically if your child has a parent/grandparent with Israeli citizenship. Maybe reach out to your seminary

amother
Cantaloupe

Post Tue, Jul 02 2024, 10:32 am
amother Gold wrote:
Ya I was that daughter
It’s fine
You go in on a tourist visa and then you just over stay
When u come back to israel if you go home for Pesach there Going to say nu your Israeli… just say your working on it blah blah it worked for me multiple times

That’s what I did for dd last year. I wonder if it’s different now because American need to get a special thing now to enter Israel. I forgot the name

EMEN

Post Tue, Jul 02 2024, 12:34 pm
https://chaimvchessed.com/

teachkids

Post Tue, Jul 02 2024, 12:40 pm
Does she have an Israeli passport?

Religious girls can fill out a form to be exempt from the army

penny for my thoughts

Post Tue, Jul 02 2024, 12:56 pm
Chaim V'Chessed is a great resource for this. Technically, she needs an Israeli passport, but there are ways to fudge including a quick trip to Cyprus or something here and there to leave and enter on a tourist visa.

anothermother6

Post Tue, Jul 02 2024, 12:57 pm
I voted for Chaim VChessed. There is also the Iggud: https://iggud.org/https://iggud.org/

For girls it's not such an issue but for boys it's a whole 'nother story.

Tries2BGoodMom

Post Tue, Jul 02 2024, 1:46 pm
Thank you very much for all your suggestions!!! Really appreciate it. Yes I did speak to the sem and they were helpful. I sent an email to Chaim vChesed to ask. I prefer not doing citizenship since maybe in the future she will want to make Aliyah and may lose any potential benefits if she’s an Israeli citizen.

penny for my thoughts

Post Tue, Jul 02 2024, 2:08 pm
When she makes aliyah they will consider her an Israeli citizen anyway whether or not she gets a passport now or not. She is an israeli citizen right now with different benefits than a new olah. The only reason perhaps not to get a passport right now is to stay a bit under the radar. Just less of a hassle in terms of getting her army deferral/exemption on file. But, those things are not that hard to do with a bit of guidance.

rzab

Post Yesterday at 10:56 am
penny for my thoughts wrote:
When she makes aliyah they will consider her an Israeli citizen anyway whether or not she gets a passport now or not. She is an israeli citizen right now with different benefits than a new olah. The only reason perhaps not to get a passport right now is to stay a bit under the radar. Just less of a hassle in terms of getting her army deferral/exemption on file. But, those things are not that hard to do with a bit of guidance.

This is correct. If she chooses to make aliyah she will be given the status of an ezrach oleh instead of oleh chadash. But the benefits are exactly the same. (speaking from experience as an ezrach oleh)
If it's the army deferment she's concerned about, it's also a simple process for a frum girl. She just has to give up a morning or two to deal with it. But it's not so complicated. (also speaking from experience as I did this when I was in sem)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Seminary Info