Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Need help asap for daughter trip

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 03 2024, 9:38 pm
My daughter is supposed to go on a camp trip tomorrow to some sort of waterpark however she refuses to go because she has her period. She is 12 1/2 and she’s had period for about half a year so this isn’t something new. I explained to her that she doesn’t have to wear bathing suit. She should just wear a cover up but she still is refusing to go. It’s like the third day of camp and I’m really worried that this is going to affect her summer and I want her to go (camp is a fortune and we never do fun things like this) my question is should I try to encourage her or just let her do whatever she wants. please help. I don’t have any other daughters so I don’t know what I’m doing.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 03 2024, 9:52 pm
Help!

amother
Lilac

Post Wed, Jul 03 2024, 9:55 pm
Did you talk it through with her what is she worried about? Bottom line if you cant talk her into it (get to the bottom of her fears and address them) dont force her!

amother
Yarrow

Post Wed, Jul 03 2024, 9:56 pm
Please let her stay home.
You should allow her to do what is most comfortable for her body.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 03 2024, 9:58 pm
Tysm even though she can’t articulate what exactly the problem? She says everyone will be in bathing suit. I told her for sure not. I’m sure some girls will have same issue as her and just wear clothing. Am I right? What else can I tell her?

amother
Peachpuff

Post Wed, Jul 03 2024, 9:58 pm
Target sells teen period underwear
She can wear while at the water park. Have her prepare clean underwear and a pad already applied to Change into when she is done.

https://www.target.com/p/thinx.....aw.ds

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Wed, Jul 03 2024, 10:00 pm
Can she wear a tampon?

amother
Snapdragon

Post Wed, Jul 03 2024, 10:13 pm
TAMPONS!!!

amother
Blueberry

Post Wed, Jul 03 2024, 10:18 pm
Missing one trip isn’t going to ruin her summer. Bleeding through her clothing might. Let her be. Girls have anxiety about these things. Ask her about tampons. If she’s uncomfortable, please leave her alone.

springflower

Post Wed, Jul 03 2024, 10:19 pm
Someone posted earlier today Abt a period bathing suit/ they also sell just the bathing suit bottom, think there was a link posted, and wear under the bathing suit. Or you can wear period underwear under her bathing suit with shorts ( if it's under a cover up won't be able to tell anyways)

ra_mom

Post Wed, Jul 03 2024, 10:22 pm
Tell her you'll buy her a special period bathing suit and bag to place it in when she changes out of it, for next time.
And that this time she can stay home. And next time you'll have her prepared and confident to go.

amother
Olive

Post Wed, Jul 03 2024, 10:24 pm
Poor girl, let her stay home if she wants to!
Show her some compassion, this is hard for a girl her age!

amother
Azalea

Post Wed, Jul 03 2024, 10:44 pm
She wants to stay home- let her. If anyone asks, she can say she wasn’t feeling well which is true. Agree with ra mom about preparing for next time.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 03 2024, 10:44 pm
Thanks so much to everyone for the ideas and help.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics