Im going to work
but by husband is working from home

amother
Rainbow  

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 9:23 pm
Hired a high school girl to babysit

justforfun87

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 9:24 pm
I send my kids to camps. My oldest stays home alone.

notshanarishona  

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 9:50 pm
Night meals I don’t cook anything, just bagels/ cream cheese, maybe some icecream/ cheesecake for dessert or if I am in the mood a soup. Day meals I cook the main’s fresh and just make a few side dishes. Cooking for yom tov doesn’t have to be a major ordeal

Aurora

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 10:07 pm
notshanarishona wrote:
Night meals I don’t cook anything, just bagels/ cream cheese, maybe some icecream/ cheesecake for dessert or if I am in the mood a soup. Day meals I cook the main’s fresh and just make a few side dishes. Cooking for yom tov doesn’t have to be a major ordeal

THIS. We do very simple meals. Bagels, taco bar, French toast. Dessert is fruit and ice cream.

amother
Impatiens

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 10:49 pm
I work from home and DH doesn't work on erev BH. He takes care of most of the kids stuff and I do all the cooking night before. Bought a ton of veggies I can chop for fresh salads and made easy mains and sides. I made brisket in the oven and chicken on the bone in the crockpot.
Hosting friends who also work erev yom tov and are expecting to spend time together and enjoy each other's company even if my food is boring. Worst case you can always make more on YT itself. I might send my husband to buy a pack of deli tomorrow just in case.

amother
  Rainbow

Post Tue, Jun 11 2024, 6:57 am
notshanarishona wrote:

Funny, I understood the question as what do u do about childcare not about yt prep.
To answer that question I try to do as much as possible ahead of time, this year I did a lot on sunday. Anything left will be on yt itself

notshanarishona

Post Tue, Jun 11 2024, 7:04 am
amother Rainbow wrote:
Funny, I understood the question as what do u do about childcare not about yt prep.
To answer that question I try to do as much as possible ahead of time, this year I did a lot on sunday. Anything left will be on yt itself

Oh, as far as childcare, my husband watches the kids, but I typically work erev Shabbos/ yom tov till 4/5 pm so I have learned where I can cut corners.

amother
Tiffanyblue

Post Tue, Jun 11 2024, 8:51 am
I am at work today and hope to get home by 4:00. My babysitter is working a Friday schedule today and my boys have a 1/2 day of school. My husband is working a few hours this morning and will be home for the kids this afternoon.

amother
Poinsettia

Post Tue, Jun 11 2024, 11:34 am
Now I work from home, but when I didn't I would work part of the day and hire a babysitter.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics