Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Do you work as a seit in a nonjewish school

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 05 2024, 2:53 pm
I can't find a job in a Jewish school and have offers for in non-Jewish daycare or public school I don't know if I should take it. I've only been in ultra frum environments in the past and im not sure if how I work or how I am will fit in. Can anyone advise of what it might be like and if I can or should take the position.

seeker  

Post Thu, Sep 05 2024, 4:45 pm
I took many cases in non-Jewish schools. It was much easier to fill a caseload, maybe because many providers prioritize frum schools? In general I found that they were very happy to have my help, and very responsive to my suggestions for how they could support the child. I've heard that in frum schools they often think of a SEIT as an extra assistant or shadow, but in my non-Jewish schools I always felt respected for my role as a professional.

amother
Honeysuckle

Post Thu, Sep 05 2024, 4:52 pm
I almost always do not Jewish schools. This year I’m in 2 public schools and 2 3ks in day care. Last year I had one daycare and 2 upks. I find that the daycares are harder to schedule since they have a long nap time. I prefer public school or upk with the 40 minute nap. Teachers are usually from different backgrounds so the fact that I’m Jewish was never an issue.

seeker

Post Thu, Sep 05 2024, 5:31 pm
Yeah nap time is a killer. Most preschools have naps after lunch so I used to do SEIT through lunch and then had an afternoon job in a yeshiva.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics