Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
Do you read in the bathroom?
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

Do you read when you're in the bathroom?
Yes  
 78%  [ 93 ]
No  
 21%  [ 25 ]
Total Votes : 118

happymom

Post Thu, Jan 05 2006, 7:11 pm
Quote:
sometimes I'll grab a shampoo bottle and read the ingredients hehe

lol I thought I was the only one

Crayon210  

Post Thu, Jan 05 2006, 7:17 pm
We recently bought a basket to house all our reading material. I try to vary it so that guests won't get bored. The idea is very funny, LOL.

ElTam

Post Thu, Jan 05 2006, 9:08 pm
I read magazines like Ladies Home Journal and Redbook. I can read a little bit at a time.

lucky

Post Thu, Jan 05 2006, 10:10 pm
I only keep newspapers, catalogs, anything that I wont be tempted to finish cover to cover.

I used to take a game boy in with me.

Seriously, if I don't take something to read, I don't have patience to sit too long and I end up having problems with constipation.

shoy18  

Post Thu, Jan 05 2006, 10:23 pm
I love reading in the bathroom, even as a kid I would hide a book in one of the drawers and on shabbos I would sneak there when we had guests and the adults were blabbing away. But ever since I got preg and even after if I sit to long my legs start to go numb so it isnt so enjoyable anymore

cindy324  

Post Thu, Jan 05 2006, 10:45 pm
I'm Cindy324, and I am a bathroom reader! Drunken Smile

Quote:
Not to be negative – but I didn’t like the Chicken Soup books, and I found Reader’s Digest to have yoshke material every now and then, so I don’t read either of them.

That's why it belongs in the bathroom...DUH Wink

Frumom

Post Thu, Jan 05 2006, 10:48 pm
My hubby got the 4 in 1 bathroom reader when we were engaged! We use it all the time. He does more than me- I must admit.

Mommy912

Post Thu, Jan 05 2006, 11:09 pm
--------
There was a funny picture here but the link won't work. Sad

Last edited by Mommy912 on Thu, Jan 05 2006, 11:40 pm; edited 2 times in total

IndyMom

Post Thu, Jan 05 2006, 11:37 pm
THIS IS WHY I HATE READING LIBRARY BOOKS! How many bathrooms have these books been in? do you people think about that? I hope none of you eat snacks while reading your library books because the guy before you was reading that book while taking a ......!

So no, I do not read in the bathroom - and I used to not read library books and finally got over my grossed outedness but this thread is making me reconsider.... ewwww

on that note - I do use my own private personal laptop that no one else ever uses when I am in the bathroom-so I am with you on that happyone.

Crayon210  

Post Thu, Jan 05 2006, 11:39 pm
I think that's taking things a bit too far.

shoy18

Post Thu, Jan 05 2006, 11:39 pm
I dont get library books at all Id rather buy them so can read them over and over

carrot

Post Fri, Jan 06 2006, 12:18 am
In some countries they have "squatting toilets" - they are clean, they flush, but instead of a seat the toilet is down in the floor with place on the sides to put your feet.

I heard that it is better because a) cleaner - you are not sitting on or touching a dirty seat and b) since it is not comfortable, people don't spend a lot of time there and so their bodies are trained to go quickly on schedule and they actually end up with LESS constipation problems.

But I like to read in the bathroom. Anything will do. I can't stand it when there is nothing to read, not even a shampoo bottle.

chen  

Post Fri, Jan 06 2006, 9:34 am
IndyMom wrote:
THIS IS WHY I HATE READING LIBRARY BOOKS! How many bathrooms have these books been in? do you people think about that? I hope none of you eat snacks while reading your library books because the guy before you was reading that book while taking a ......!

Ayuh. That's the other reason why in our house we do not permit books at the table. If they are our books, we don't want crumbs getting in there and making them chometzdik. If they are not our books, chances are someone has had them in the bathroom and we certainly don't want them on our table!

Indymom--ever wonder what those muddy-colored blotches are on other people's books? I always pray they are chocolate and not blood--or worse...!

chen  

Post Fri, Jan 06 2006, 9:35 am
Crayon210 wrote:
I think that's taking things a bit too far.

To what are you referring?

imaamy

Post Fri, Jan 06 2006, 9:47 am
I never thought about the library books. I read in BED--yuck. However, do you touch the shopping cart handle without cleaning it? That is said to be dirtier than any public bathroom. Also how bout the kids with filthy hands who run up and grab challah and nosh at shul? That is active dirt rather than something left on a book. That always really grosses me out to think where their hands have been as they tear into the challah, or pick up a cookie and put it back!

hardwrknmom

Post Fri, Jan 06 2006, 9:51 am
Ladies get this- I always clean the library books with a fresh wipe!! But I wash my hands after every reading.

cindy324

Post Fri, Jan 06 2006, 3:20 pm
Quote:

Boy am I glad I joined Doubleday Bookclub Puke

chanala

Post Fri, Jan 06 2006, 3:29 pm
My legs would go numb if I spent any time reading in the bathroom, but I've gotten some good any funny ideas from you guys!!

And I never thought about the library book thing - it just makes me want to empty a can of Lysol on my bookshelf! Puke

Crayon210

Post Fri, Jan 06 2006, 3:31 pm
I think the library books that were in the bathroom issue is taking everything a bit too far.

Tefila

Post Sun, Jan 08 2006, 5:06 am
You all have time shock
Page 2 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics