Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Waiting after meat

Yael

Post Sat, Sep 11 2004, 8:29 pm
how long do you wait after giving your child fleishiks, to give him milk? and for what age?
I've heard different opinions, so I'm wondering if anyone knows the right thing to do.

Rochel Leah

Post Sat, Sep 11 2004, 9:38 pm
I heard one hour per age (until 6 obviously) for after meat. but after milk if the kid really can't wait then wash out mouth with water and eat soemthing neutral before meat.

micki

Post Sat, Sep 11 2004, 10:04 pm
I have always waited the full 6 hours for a child of any age. it is noigea the neshama, affects the neshama.
after dairy I'll just wash out their mouths and try to wait as long as they can.

proudmom

Post Sat, Sep 11 2004, 10:53 pm
if he eats every 3 hours thats how long he has to wait between meat and milk. it all depends how long it is until he becomes hungry again

curlyhead

Post Sun, Sep 12 2004, 6:45 am
I asked my father this question. He claims with babies and children who do not understand you don't ahev to worry about teh 6 hours because they have no concept of time

Ozmom

Post Sun, Sep 12 2004, 7:36 am
I asked the rov with one of my kids when they were younger, I think it was at a young toddler age and it was pesach time. Usually when they were fleishig I gave them soy milk but that is kitniyot which we don't use Pesach and the problem was I gave him/her (don't remember) bottles for sleeping time so the rov said to wait 3 hours after fleishig.

Chanie

Post Tue, Sep 14 2004, 11:50 am
I once had this same question, and so I had my husband ask a rov. We were told that even chinuch only starts at 3 (the halacha isn't till 12/13) However, he also stress that at a young age the baby's neshama absorbs more and therefor it is good to be careful as one would be with an older child. Once I was told this, it made it so much easier for me to make my son wait between meat and milk.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics