Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
What's the REAL secret to lose weight? tried so many things
Previous  1  2

amother
Mauve

Post Today at 8:13 am
You could reach out to Dalia at fully in balance. She's wonderful and may have some ideas as I know she's worked with women with hormonal issues.

She does 5 day Resets and other programs which give you a glimpse into her mindset. The way you wrote just resonates with her philosophy and way of being in balance.
She is starting a new 5 day reset soon. She also works 1-on-1.

https://fullyinbalance.com/

asg

Post Today at 8:38 am
So sorry OP, some people have a much harder time losing weight due to genetics.

At the end of the day, if you consume less colories than you burn, you will lose weight. If you consume more calories than you burn, you will gain weight. That bar will depend on how quickly your body burns colories (and of course excercise will help you lose calories as well).

Do you count your colorize intake? As others have said, it is possible to be eating in a way that is generally healthy and balanced but still high enough in calories that you’re not going to lose weight. There is more to health than having a low weight, but if you are trying to lose weight you may need to eat lower colorie foods, eat less often, or consume less when you do eat.

wanttobehappy

Post Today at 8:45 am
Building every meal with vegs eggplant squash cauliflower.. spinach with onions.. I add tomato sauce and a drop of cheese so everything is yummy… keep on hand good mushrooms… building muscle is the key to looking good.. feeling good and preventing injury.. I have a Trianer 2/3x a week and it’s been life changing exp for my back pain building a strong core and going up with my weights is def what did it… there really isn’t such a thing as u can’t lose weight. There were no fat people in the war. Eating too much carbs vegetables too much protein can def make u overweight

essie14

Post Today at 9:15 am
Go to a reputable registered dietician who can analyze full blood work.
Weight loss is a combination of knowing the way your individual body and metabolism work and eating and exercise.

amother
Ecru

Post Today at 9:26 am
amother OP wrote:
Please?? Can anyone tell me?
I'm not willing to go on medication at this point.
I've totally revamped my lifestyle. I eat very clean, only eat in a ten hour window, brisk walking regularly, once or twice a week yoga or low stress weighted workout, drink plenty of water, low carb.
I'm not looking to do anything extreme like keto or IF. I believe in living a balanced lifestyle. I believe there must be an imbalance somewhere. I've been diagnosed with hypothyroidism and pcos, both of which seem to be in remission at this point bh. But the weight just won't budge.
I literally go crazy when I hear people say they cut out flour and sugar and dropped tons of weight. I've eliminated those things years ago and nothing doing. I'm so frustrated, this literally makes me cry.
Can anyone please please help me? What's the magic secret??

Did you get tested for insulin resistance?

amother
  Catmint  

Post Today at 9:34 am
I think if you normally stay home a lot and you went out this Yom Tov /shul .. it suddenly hits you that so many people are very thin.
I think I only saw one other person in shul who was heavier than me on simchas Torah.
Yes, there were people who weighed more than me but they are much taller. So proportionately, I’m heavier because I’m very short and overweight.
And it’s hard when you realize that most people are thinner. You definitely don’t feel good about yourself.

amother
  Butterscotch

Post Today at 9:46 am
amother Bone wrote:
This is SO outdated and inaccurate.
What type of calories you are eating make much more of a difference.

According to The Mayo Clinic - that’s the only way to lose weight.

The type of calories does NOT matter for weight loss. (Obviously if you eat protein calories you’ll be fuller and more satisfied than calories from candy - and it will be more likely you’ll be able to stick to a calorie limit… but doesn’t matter for weight loss)

There was a person who ate the same amount of calories in ice cream for 30 days and lost weight. Was it healthy? No - but it boils down to calories for weight loss.

Some contributing factors can effect it as well. When you crash diet you lose all your muscle and might therefore have a hard time losing weight until you build it back up because muscle is what burns the most energy (more than fat).

amother
Brickred

Post Today at 9:53 am
amother Butterscotch wrote:
According to The Mayo Clinic - that’s the only way to lose weight.

The type of calories does NOT matter for weight loss. (Obviously if you eat protein calories you’ll be fuller and more satisfied than calories from candy - and it will be more likely you’ll be able to stick to a calorie limit… but doesn’t matter for weight loss)

There was a person who ate the same amount of calories in ice cream for 30 days and lost weight. Was it healthy? No - but it boils down to calories for weight loss.

Some contributing factors can effect it as well. When you crash diet you lose all your muscle and might therefore have a hard time losing weight until you build it back up because muscle is what burns the most energy (more than fat).

People on keto or very low carb can consume a tremendous amount of calories because of how much fat they're allowed and they still lose weight

amother
  Catmint

Post Today at 10:24 am
You eat less, you weigh less.
The more you exercise, the more in shape you will be.
If you drink a lot of water, you will eat less, be more healthy and hydrated and flush out lots of toxins.

Fad diets only work while you stick with them.
You don’t need a diet.
You just need to develop a new way of eating.
You can eat foods that are officially unhealthy but just a little bit and know when to stop.
Don’t eat bags of potato chips and slices of cake. You know it’s not good for you.
Eat 1-2 potato chips and 1 forkful of cake.
Then fill up on things that are better for you.
Don’t drink juice and soda.
Water or seltzer.

Imabubby60

Post Today at 10:58 am
I believe insulin resistance is the main problem for many people, myself included, that makes sustained weight loss nearly impossible. The recipe is healthy oils (olive oil best, avocado, coconut), minimally processed foods, walking (you're doing), and thinking very long term. Don't obsess about the weight, you can be healthy at your weight and it will slowly to get to whatever works for your body. Check out this Dr., because of the philosophy of nutrition and insulin resistance:
https://www.drberg.com/blog/he.....mTSg5

amother
IndianRed

Post Today at 12:17 pm
You need to make sure you pcos and hypothyroidism is actually under control. It is very common for people to not be able to lose weight if their hormones are off but very frustrating
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise