Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Things only Jews can relate to
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

SuperWify

Post Today at 10:09 am
Listening to music after the three weeks and feeling a guilty pleasure.

dankbar  

Post Today at 10:14 am
The first bread or pizza after pesach......

The help/chessed we get from orginazations......my cleaning help used to tell me it's not fair that they only help us and don't send the help for other non jewish families suffering and let them be on their own and die.....

In hospitals you see the stark diff how family and volunteers are always around patients.....

GLUE

Post Today at 10:35 am
Slightly off topic,

I have bean reading a lot lately in different blogs that deal with how cities run. The big topic now is what to do with empty church parking lots.
Many churches are used once a weak and the parking lots stay empty the rest of the time. So how can a community make use of this assets instead of leaving them empty all weak, is a treading topic right now.

This is not something a Jew thinks about because why would the parking lot be empty the whole weak, we use our prayer halls all weak so the parking lots are filled all weak.

amother
  NeonPink  

Post Today at 10:51 am
Going to random people’s weddings.

Going to visit strangers in the hospital.

Making strangers food.

Kimoitirim Heims.

amother
  Ruby  

Post Today at 11:06 am
amother NeonPink wrote:
Waiting three years to cut a boys hair. And make a huge party.

And when it's sefira and you wait for lag baomer, but in the meantime the boy has already turned 3 and is wearing a yarmulke on top of long hair. A little confused much if it's a boy why does he have such long hair......

I remember how one chol hamoed, we were at a park and my almost 3 year old son with a pony in his hair wanted to go down the slide and he was waiting very patiently on top. There was a non Jewish child sitting on the bottom of the slide refusing to get up. The child's father was trying to get said child to move so my son could go down. He was trying to be politically correct and he gets major points for creativity. He wasn't sure if the child standing on top was a boy or a girl. I would be confused too because the child is dressed as a boy, yet there's a long pony in his hair...... He was begging his child to let the child go down the slide. Look, there's a child that wants to go down the slide, please can we move for that child.

amother
  NeonPink  

Post Today at 11:10 am
amother Ruby wrote:
And when it's sefira and you wait for lag baomer, but in the meantime the boy has already turned 3 and is wearing a yarmulke on top of long hair. A little confused much if it's a boy why does he have such long hair......

I remember how one chol hamoed, we were at a park and my almost 3 year old son with a pony in his hair wanted to go down the slide and he was waiting very patiently on top. There was a non Jewish child sitting on the bottom of the slide refusing to get up. The child's father was trying to get said child to move so my son could go down. He was trying to be politically correct and he gets major points for creativity. He wasn't sure if the child standing on top was a boy or a girl. I would be confused too because the child is dressed as a boy, yet there's a long pony in his hair...... He was begging his child to let the child go down the slide. Look, there's a child that wants to go down the slide, please can we move for that child.

I got so many “she’s so cute” before my son’s upshernish. He had the most gorgeous curly hair. And that’s when he was wearing a yarmulka. (We start with the yarmulka a few months before and tzitzis a few days/ weeks before)

amother
  Ruby

Post Today at 11:15 am
amother NeonPink wrote:
I got so many “she’s so cute” before my son’s upshernish. He had the most gorgeous curly hair. And that’s when he was wearing a yarmulka. (We start with the yarmulka a few months before and tzitzis a few days/ weeks before)

And that's what confuses them even more because there's the gorgeous hair and it's covered with a yarmulke Scratching Head

amother
Trillium

Post Today at 11:25 am
I work in a mostly non Jewish company and I was the second frum person hired. A few of the non Jewish coworkers asked me if I was friends with the other frum worker from before. Nope never saw her before my first day but of course we have so much in common so now we get along great Smile

amother
  Brown

Post Today at 11:36 am
I had similar with my son.
He was clearly wearing boys clothing. And zooming around with a car but I kept getting "Awe she's so pretty" in target or the playground. (Which is true. His face was/is very feminine looking and he'd pass for a pretty girl. Now at 5, he's finally starting to look more boyish)
When he was 2 I dressed him in his sister's old clothes on purim. Someone asked me if "she" was having one of those days and not cooperating with the dressup.... In her defense, I did put very realistic looking pink studd earrings on him....

When I mentioned to my cleaning lady that I found my ring and how, she was in awe.
(The local circular has a lost and found section with pictures.)

heidi

Post Today at 11:44 am
5 reasons to marry a Dutch Jew

dankbar  

Post Today at 11:58 am
Oh can any of us relate to the whole get up they talk about preparing that turkey or holiday dinner once a year for 6 people, as if it's the biggest deal ever and so much work, when we prepare shabbos cleanup and meals once a week for many and many holiday meals for plenty?

amother
Slateblue  

Post Today at 12:37 pm
Boca00 wrote:
Having nightmares before a fast that you ate or drank by mistake

Having a nightmare during a fast that you ate or drank by mistake but then waking up and feeling relief that you haven't eaten or drank.

amother
  Slateblue

Post Today at 12:38 pm
Cooking food in for 24 hours in a crock pot until it all looks the same and having it be the highlight of the day. And then reheating it during the week to enjoy again. (Really though, I love cholent!).

amother
Silver

Post Today at 2:29 pm
We don’t drive that way the trees hangover.
(Kohein with cemetery)

Boca00  

Post Today at 2:36 pm
Holding things so you won't have to shake people's hands

Boca00

Post Today at 4:10 pm
heidi wrote:
5 reasons to marry a Dutch Jew

What does this mean?

dankbar

Post Today at 4:31 pm
Oh when we get drunk we start dancing hugging people, and praising G-d and not cursing and killing people.

They don't get how we can leave our kids to play outside, knowing they're safe in our neighborhoods and many want to only live amongst us so they're safe from crime, they know a heimish yid won't steal their stuff, break into the homes, kill or be violent in the streets.

When they hear chaptzem, they know everyone will come to help, and our shomrim will come before police.

Many non Jewish people keep a yarmulkah in the car, if they get stuck on road, because they know yidden will randomly help other yidden needing help on the road.

How many times have hatzoloh and chaverim helped non Jews as well.

In the world there are tons of missing persons, and no one cares, you need to promise big rewards, whereas one yid is missing, you have masses of people from all stripes and locations gathering together as search teams for a random stranger that they don't even know.

They can't get how we can donate organs/marrow for pure chesed without payment to save another life.

And how our shidduch/shadchan system works

Shani...

Post Today at 4:38 pm
Non-jew at work totally befuddled why we would take a brand new toaster and dunk it in water...

amother
  NeonPink

Post Today at 4:39 pm
When I was in the hospital. The nurses were so amazed how strangers were coming to visit me.
And how we got suppers,babysitters and cleaning help from organizations. And how they bought my kids toys.

And how we get breakfast and supper for two weeks when we have a baby.

amother
  Lightyellow  

Post Today at 5:07 pm
Boca00 wrote:
What does this mean?

Dutch people only wait one hour between meat and milk.
Page 4 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics