Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
How to keep a Houdini safe? Jumps out of 5 point harness

NotFunny  

Post Today at 10:10 am
Can’t leave baby alone for a second in the high chair, stroller etc. baby manages to get out of anything! There is no safe place for this child if mommy wants to run to the bathroom for a minute! B’H b’H! But seriously dangerous…
Any suggestions?

amother
Alyssum

Post Today at 10:36 am
NotFunny wrote:
Can’t leave baby alone for a second in the high chair, stroller etc. baby manages to get out of anything! There is no safe place for this child if mommy wants to run to the bathroom for a minute! B’H b’H! But seriously dangerous…
Any suggestions?

My kid is also like this. I always made sure to leave him in his crib and when he started climbing out of that, I just try to make sure he's on the floor so he has no risk of falling out. The stroller, if he got out and stood up, I would abruptly stop so he would fall back to the seat. It would scare him without him getting hurt. Then he started climbing counters and things. I just have to make sure everything is locked up and shelves are bolted to the walls. A lot of baby proofing.

2mother

Post Today at 10:39 am
There's something called Houdini Stop or something like that, I bought it when my son was little. It's an extra strap that clips on to stroller, highchair, etc straps to make it tighter to get out of.

amother
Daylily

Post Today at 10:55 am
You need to babyproof your hosue/apartment so they are safe even when bit strapped in. At least one room where they can be on the floor and safe.

NotFunny  

Post Today at 11:09 am
amother Daylily wrote:
You need to babyproof your hosue/apartment so they are safe even when bit strapped in. At least one room where they can be on the floor and safe.
it is baby proof but I still need to have a safe seat. We were at a park yesterday and I turned to take a picture of another child. In that minute, baby was turned to the back already with one leg out of the stroller. These things keep on happening and it’s very scary.

NotFunny  

Post Today at 11:09 am
2mother wrote:
There's something called Houdini Stop or something like that, I bought it when my son was little. It's an extra strap that clips on to stroller, highchair, etc straps to make it tighter to get out of.

Thanks! I’ll look into this!

NotFunny

Post Today at 11:11 am
amother Alyssum wrote:
My kid is also like this. I always made sure to leave him in his crib and when he started climbing out of that, I just try to make sure he's on the floor so he has no risk of falling out. The stroller, if he got out and stood up, I would abruptly stop so he would fall back to the seat. It would scare him without him getting hurt. Then he started climbing counters and things. I just have to make sure everything is locked up and shelves are bolted to the walls. A lot of baby proofing.

Nothing scares this child. I think an older toddler may have a better comprehension. We’re talking a baby under a year and baby just laughs in my face and starts jumping while holding onto the hood.
It makes for adorable moments, but quite terrifying.
Forget about driving in a car. Car seat is not foolproof either…

notshanarishona

Post Today at 11:16 am
Both of my kids used to climb out of carseats. Whenever possible we would have someone sit in backseat to prevent it and we got a special mirror to be able to see what the kids are doing in the backseat so we could pull over if we saw them climbing out.

Shopmiami49

Post Today at 11:46 am
1) you can put him in the stroller wearing an open button down shirt and then button it over the straps once he is strapped in

2) if he is beyond that, you can strap him in and then put a zip up sweater on him backwards and zip it up behind him
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics