6%  [ 13 ]
I have a natural diamond necklace/other diamond piece, not a tennis necklace  
 15%  [ 30 ]
Total Votes : 190

amother
Magnolia  

Post Mon, Oct 14 2024, 8:36 pm
amother Myrtle wrote:
I have a real tennis. I don’t even like it.
why??
Do you want to gift it to me

amother
  Magnolia

Post Mon, Oct 14 2024, 8:37 pm
bfromnj wrote:
I have a diamond heart pendant that is real but the majority of my ‘diamond’ necklaces are CZs & I get plenty of compliments on my costume jewelry!
Do you have a fake tennis 1

amother
Copper

Post Mon, Oct 14 2024, 9:10 pm
DH took me to buy a real tennis necklace but I convinced him to buy lab grown, it looks exactly the same and I thought it was a waste of money. The very high end jeweler said a lot of his very wealthy clients are doing lab grown because they’re the ones who can wear anything and everyone will think it’s real Wink

amother
Hydrangea

Post Mon, Oct 14 2024, 9:13 pm
amother Copper wrote:
DH took me to buy a real tennis necklace but I convinced him to buy lab grown, it looks exactly the same and I thought it was a waste of money. The very high end jeweler said a lot of his very wealthy clients are doing lab grown because they’re the ones who can wear anything and everyone will think it’s real Wink

lab grown IS real
it's a real diamond, just cultivated in an artificial environment (unlike CZ which is a totally different stone, lab grown diamonds are identical chemically to mined diamonds..)

amother
Burlywood  

Post Mon, Oct 14 2024, 9:25 pm
I have a very tiny mined diamond by the yard necklace.

I have a lab diamond solitaire and a lab bar necklace.

All real gold. I consider lab real.

I don't do fake like cz or gold plated. I'd rather get something smaller than something I consider fake.

tweety1

Post Mon, Oct 14 2024, 9:38 pm
I don't even own one

amother
Jetblack

Post Mon, Oct 14 2024, 9:50 pm
amother DarkRed wrote:
Mine's real but it's not tennis. It's the bar one that was the in thing some 3 years ago.

Thats me

amother
Aconite  

Post Mon, Oct 14 2024, 9:53 pm
I’m not sure I follow her logic. Because many buy her fake one she assumes the real jewelry store is not selling any? They don’t seem to be going out of business so seems to me they are selling real diamond jewelry too.

amother
Mintcream

Post Mon, Oct 14 2024, 9:57 pm
I wrote yes but it's not a tennis necklace, it's a bar. And I also have a real diamond necklace for weekday which is a cluster. the rest of my jewelry is not anything special.

ittsamother

Post Mon, Oct 14 2024, 10:11 pm
amother Aconite wrote:
I’m not sure I follow her logic. Because many buy her fake one she assumes the real jewelry store is not selling any? They don’t seem to be going out of business so seems to me they are selling real diamond jewelry too.

I suppose it's more like "enough people are buying lab or fake that any one person you see is more likely to be wearing non-mined than not."

Sure, some people are still wearing mined, but enough other people aren't that that's where a viewer's mind will jump.

amother
  Aconite  

Post Mon, Oct 14 2024, 10:14 pm
ittsamother wrote:
I suppose it's more like "enough people are buying lab or fake that any one person you see is more likely to be wearing non-mined than not."

Sure, some people are still wearing mined, but enough other people aren't that that's where a viewer's mind will jump.

How would she know that? Does she know how many people are buying real? She only sees her store. Stores selling real diamonds are very busy, I always see many people there.

Bnei Berak 10  

Post Mon, Oct 14 2024, 11:16 pm
amother Clematis wrote:
I got pearls at my wedding and they were completely out of style a year or two later. Sitting in my drawer. Don’t own any real necklaces.

Pearls are never out of style and I see lots of pearls in jewelry stores.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Mon, Oct 14 2024, 11:20 pm
Voted other. I don't own a diamond necklace nor do I want one.

Elfrida

Post Mon, Oct 14 2024, 11:53 pm
amother DarkRed wrote:
Mm, disagree. In my days and in my chassidish circles, kallahs were given perk necklaces in the yichud room and married women all wore them Friday night. Today you don't really see perls that much, not Friday nights and not any other time.

Pearls don't go well with the type of dresses that have been in fashion the past few years. I like pearls, but I can't think how many times I've taken them out, and looked in the mirror, and decided that they just don't look right. With suits, and more formal styles beginning to come back into fashion,I think we might see a revival of pearls, as well.

Ruchel  

Post Yesterday at 4:18 am
Googled the tennis and this isn't something I see around. I'd want real for engagement. Other? Whatever as long as it looks good and everyone in the couple agreed.

amother
  Tangerine

Post Yesterday at 4:24 am
amother Copper wrote:

My sister in law is very wealthy and has almost all fake jewelry and everyone thinks it’s real 😅 she doesn’t wear diamonds though. She has very cool, different taste.

amother
Honeysuckle  

Post Yesterday at 5:30 am
I'm very trendy and wear my kallah pearls all the time. Looks great with slip dress and cardigans\cropped tops. Dh bought me a diamond necklace and I returned it cuz like pearls so much better. The strand is short (so doesn't hang low) with very big pearls .

amother
  Honeysuckle

Post Yesterday at 5:34 am
I also only wear pearl earrings . My Kallah diamond earrings are collecting dust . My clovers sit in my drawer. I just think pearls are so beautiful and refined .

amother
  Burlywood

Post Yesterday at 6:02 am
can we get a better explanation here of what you mean by real and fake?

cubic zirconia?
moissanite?
lab diamonds?
mined diamonds?

brass?
silver?
gold plated?
vermeil?
gold filled?
solid gold? 10k? 14k? 18k? 24k?
Platinum?

amother
Cinnamon

Post Yesterday at 8:32 am
I answerered real but then saw the last option. You didn't specifiy in the question you meant tennis.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics