Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Pinworms and yom tov

amother
OP  

Post Sat, Oct 12 2024, 11:33 pm
I suspect one of my kids has pinworms and yom tov is this week. How to deal with this when you are supposed to wash the linens daily? How does one handle this with a large family? This is my first time dealing with this, and I have a newborn as well, so doing a ton of laundry was not really something that I wanted to deal with right now.

Elfrida

Post Sun, Oct 13 2024, 12:34 am
First go to your doctor and get a definitive diagnosis.

Assuming you are right, laundry for small children is allowed on chol hamoed. Speak to your Rav, but under the circumstances, that would probably include bed linen.

As for not wanting or having time for laundry, I can't help. Get your husband to do some of it. Good luck!

thegiver

Post Sun, Oct 13 2024, 12:38 am
There’s a girl in my child’s playgroup who is scratching down there. How do you know if it’s pineorms.

amother
  OP  

Post Sun, Oct 13 2024, 5:00 pm
thegiver wrote:
There’s a girl in my child’s playgroup who is scratching down there. How do you know if it’s pineorms.

Well, my 4-yr old was scratching and she had been complaining, for a few days but my other daughter used to get more of a yeasty rash, so I thought that was it, but as soon as I looked there it was a white hair-like worm, almost looked like a piece of small ramen noodle or a finger nail--but given it was motzai yom kippur and I hadn't made ramen or cut fingernails and where I found it. I had never seen a pinworm before, but knew enough what to google and it was an exact match. I mean I'm 100% positive, I think I even saw the white thing wiggle.

Of course it is the weekend so getting an appointment is next to impossible. But I wanted to nip this thing in the bud so I gave everyone the medicine already.

amother
  OP  

Post Sun, Oct 13 2024, 5:03 pm
Elfrida wrote:
First go to your doctor and get a definitive diagnosis.

Assuming you are right, laundry for small children is allowed on chol hamoed. Speak to your Rav, but under the circumstances, that would probably include bed linen.

As for not wanting or having time for laundry, I can't help. Get your husband to do some of it. Good luck!

My husband does do a lot around the house, it's just a LOT of laundry for a family our size.

amother
  OP

Post Sun, Oct 13 2024, 5:49 pm
amother OP wrote:
Well, my 4-yr old was scratching and she had been complaining, for a few days but my other daughter used to get more of a yeasty rash, so I thought that was it, but as soon as I looked there it was a white hair-like worm, almost looked like a piece of small ramen noodle or a finger nail--but given it was motzai yom kippur and I hadn't made ramen or cut fingernails and where I found it. I had never seen a pinworm before, but knew enough what to google and it was an exact match. I mean I'm 100% positive, I think I even saw the white thing wiggle.

Of course it is the weekend so getting an appointment is next to impossible. But I wanted to nip this thing in the bud so I gave everyone the medicine already.

I was able to upload the picture to my doctor and she confirmed that it looked like a pinworm.

amother
Yarrow

Post Sun, Oct 13 2024, 6:03 pm
I stopped washing all the linen when one person has it , it’s too much and it I find it doesn’t help anyway. I just wash the infected persons linen once and call it a day.

amother
Violet

Post Sun, Oct 13 2024, 6:04 pm
amother Yarrow wrote:
I stopped washing all the linen when one person has it , it’s too much and it I find it doesn’t help anyway. I just wash the infected persons linen once and call it a day.

Same
I just give the meds on time

amother
Snowdrop

Post Sun, Oct 13 2024, 6:37 pm
Give the medicine and change that linen. Not everyone's.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics