Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur
Can I break my fast before I hear Havdala?
Previous  1  2

amother
Anemone

Post Sat, Oct 12 2024, 10:41 pm
amother Aconite wrote:
Our rav said I shouldn’t make havdala and can just eat. I think this is one of those things where you should really ask a rav and not imamother.

Same here. We break our fast at the zman and we hear havdala when DH comes home.

HonesttoGod

Post Sat, Oct 12 2024, 11:12 pm
I was told I’m allowed to drink and I should preferably wait to eat until after havdalah but if I really can’t I can eat too.

Definitely something to AYLOR

amother
Ebony

Post Sat, Oct 12 2024, 11:20 pm
I was told no need to wait at all, but I also have a chronic illness that makes fasting difficult, so it could be that's why.

amother
Viola

Post Sun, Oct 13 2024, 12:22 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
why ever not? If you are already not just saying "baruch hamavdil bein kodesh lechol" why not say the entire thing?

Different opinions about a women's chiyuv.

amother
Tanzanite

Post Sun, Oct 13 2024, 4:52 pm
amother Mocha wrote:
One year my husband said I can drink before havdalah. This year I am in early pregnancy as I fasted very hard so I drank water and when dh came home he said you're not suppose to drink. So I'm happy to hear that there are people that do drink before , it calmed me down

Even without those extenuating circumstances, many/most hold you can drink before havdalla. In early pregnancy and after a hard fast... I'm no rav but I would imagine 99.9% of rabbanim if not all would say it's for sure allowed! Even recommended!

Ruchel

Post Yesterday at 5:48 am
My son who is soon bar mitzva bh asked this after Kippur! If the woman could do something as my husband was still in shul. I said Gt fun Avrum but since my husband was coming soon let's wait. But I see you can drink and for some actually eat before? Makes sense. But it's not the same on Kippur can someone precise? Culturally not used to making havdalla, maybe did it 3 times in my life. Iyh soon my oldest son ♥️ will be bar mitzva but then he might be at shul too
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur