Total Votes : 273

amother
OP

Post Sat, Oct 12 2024, 6:49 pm
See poll

amother
Babypink

Post Sat, Oct 12 2024, 6:52 pm
Very well. I drank Powerade on Thursday and Friday in addition to water. I did not go to shul. I rested a lot and davened at home. (I am BH pregnant.)

amother
Vanilla

Post Sat, Oct 12 2024, 6:56 pm
Went to shul last night. Slept from midnight until 2pm today, which is what saved me. Headache started at around 5pm.
Drank lots of Powerade for the last few days. Usually use suppositories during the day, but whatever I had in the fridge crumbled, so couldn't use it.

amother
Pansy

Post Sat, Oct 12 2024, 6:56 pm
I voted very well
First time in many years I can say this...
I give credit to hashem of course, to my kids for being generally well behaved and for the FASTAID caffeine, ibuprofen and electrolytes I took on erev
BH BH!

amother
Amaryllis

Post Sat, Oct 12 2024, 7:13 pm
It was one of my better fasts. I drank Powerade before and took the slow release ibuprofen. I went to shul for a few hours today, but left during musaf to give my younger kids lunch and then didn't go back. My kids are old enough to entertain themselves so I was able to take a brief nap before getting up to feed them dinner. Then the fast was over before I knew it. I barely got the soup heated before DH and older kids came home from shul.

amother
Moccasin

Post Sat, Oct 12 2024, 7:19 pm
Pretty well. I have a 2 week old but I usually don't have trouble fasting so wasn't anticipating any real difficulty. I got tired towards the end and missed davening mincha, but other than that BH no problems.

amother
Eggplant

Post Sat, Oct 12 2024, 7:54 pm
Drank Gatorade all day Friday. I took a slow-release ibuprofin right before the fast which was a game changer.

synthy

Post Sat, Oct 12 2024, 8:47 pm
Drank Gatorade since Wednesday, took kali tzom and fastaid Tylenol. Felt ok except I was insanely hungry

tweety1

Post Sat, Oct 12 2024, 8:49 pm
Combo of mostly well. Slept from 12-4 on/off on the couch. Then by neilah time I couldn't look straight. Was pretty thirsty. Not hungry at all.

amother
Orange

Post Sat, Oct 12 2024, 9:04 pm
Very hungry and got weak/lightheaded towards the end. Usually a good faster but nursing a 1yo this time.

amother
Feverfew

Post Sat, Oct 12 2024, 9:15 pm
Fasted well BH got a bit hungry near the end
Usually I find myself very thirsty half way through a fast but not this time , wondering if its because I drank 2 cups of pedialyte on erev yk that I really bought for the toddler but she didn't want it 🙃

amother
Junglegreen

Post Sat, Oct 12 2024, 9:20 pm
Worst fast of my life. 23 weeks pregnant with a toddler. By 1:30pm I was totally out of gas. Took a 2 hr nap and was still too weak to move when I woke up. Made Havdalah at +50min before the men came home.

Did not prep enough for this. I ended up going to shul for Maariv YK night, and davened Shacharis shemone esrei, but that's it. Felt horrible but I didn't break my fast and my toddler was more or less healthy by the end of the day, so overall a win.

amother
Stonewash

Post Sat, Oct 12 2024, 9:24 pm
Was solo with 6 kids including a 6 week old who is nursing. I was expecting the worst but it wasn't bh! The headache was horrible, didn't daven almost at all, but the kids were happy, generally behaved civilly to each other, had food and had a very decent day over all. Lots to be grateful for

amother
Sand

Post Sat, Oct 12 2024, 9:33 pm
This was my first time fasting while nursing and I was super nervous. I was expecting to get dehydrated and need to start shiurim (as per my rav). I did need my husband to miss some shul and help, but I fasted the whole time.

amother
Waterlily

Post Sat, Oct 12 2024, 10:10 pm
If I would have had someone to watch my little people I would have gone to shul for mincha & neila. but my dh was home wiped out from after musaf. I was proud of him that he was able to get up to daven mincha & neila. I did mention to him that he doesn't have a chiuv to push himself.

amother
DarkOrange

Post Sat, Oct 12 2024, 10:16 pm
10/10

Kids were good- slept till 9 this morn (got new toys and played for a few hours after lighting last night)
Kids food worked out/ house stayed pretty clean
Spent 3 hours in the park
Helped the pregnant neighbor by taking her kids
Neighbor was doing construction and was very entertaining for kids
Toddler who doesn’t always nap, napped
I got to daven all tefillos
Dh had a good fast

Ruchel

Post Sun, Oct 13 2024, 2:15 am
Shiurim isn't breaking it. It's the whole goal of shiurim. It's hard and it's praiseworthy. I refuse to vote and associate them.

Last edited by Ruchel on Sun, Oct 13 2024, 4:02 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Bluebell

Post Sun, Oct 13 2024, 2:57 am
I stay in bed cos of health issues. Also just had chest infection. At 11am thought I'm not going to make it. Slept an hr, still felt awful.

At 1.30pm I felt amazing. Davened and said whole sefer Tehillim. Thank you Hashem!

notshanarishona

Post Sun, Oct 13 2024, 3:30 am
Ruchel wrote:
Shiurim isn't breaking it. It's the whole goal of shiurim. It's hard and it's praiseworthy.

Was thinking the same thing. Shiurim barely keeps you hydrated and is kind of a teaser. I still am sick tonight , probably worse than some people who fully fasted.

amother
Whitesmoke

Post Sun, Oct 13 2024, 3:35 am
I've had better. I have a very active new walker who likes to explore all the things, so I was pretty much chasing her all day. And I'm nursing. Had a headache from about 2 PM and got nauseous towards the end. But was able to take a nap when DH came for his break.
BH we all survived in one piece!

I was 39 weeks pregnant last year, and honestly that was easier since I basically stayed on the couch all day.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur