Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Renovating House- Advice
Previous  1  2

iammom

Post Today at 12:54 pm
The term “Interior design” includes the decorator and interior designer/space planner but they are different. A decorator will make your house look nice and the space planner will work with you to get the best layout and use of the space (and also help you with planning the outlets etc).

Amarante

Post Today at 1:19 pm
iammom wrote:
The term “Interior design” includes the decorator and interior designer/space planner but they are different. A decorator will make your house look nice and the space planner will work with you to get the best layout and use of the space (and also help you with planning the outlets etc).

My designer was fantastic

She knew a lot about construction so she acted as my Project Manager in terms of making sure all the work being done by the GC was correct. It helped two ways because she knew when something needed to be done the right way and she also dealt with my not realizing that this was how it should be - for example when my bathroom floors were laid, I flipped and then she told me that it would all work when it was finished and she was right.

She did the elevations and specifications and helped me bid out to the GC and advised me on selection. These plans were used to get all of the necessary permits and also enabled me to get actual bids and not "estimates" because details will impact cost. On the simplest level, certain tiles are more expensive to even install.

She helped me with aesthetics. When the time came for the "redecorating" she helped me decide what to keep and what to get new. She had sources for upholsterers and other artisans.

Get a good "designer" before you even start the project.

Hey123

Post Today at 1:48 pm
Thank you all for your advice!!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics