Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Sourdough first time
Previous  1  2

nursemomma  

Post Fri, Sep 20 2024, 1:12 pm
Granite ware speckled roaster pan (the round one), you can find on Amazon is amazing! Shout out to between carpools for the idea.
It’s way lighter, cheaper, and IMO gives a thinner, crispier crust. I prefer it over my Dutch oven. So if price is a factor, def go with this.

esther11  

Post Fri, Sep 20 2024, 1:16 pm
nursemomma wrote:
Granite ware speckled roaster pan (the round one), you can find on Amazon is amazing! Shout out to between carpools for the idea.
It’s way lighter, cheaper, and IMO gives a thinner, crispier crust. I prefer it over my Dutch oven. So if price is a factor, def go with this.

I will check it out thank you!
If I end up making sourdough frequently I would totally buy a Dutch oven, but I don’t really want to before trying the process for the first time ever

esther11

Post Yesterday at 8:45 pm
nursemomma wrote:

If using this pan instead do you also preheat it with the oven? I read somewhere else that you don’t need to, but wondering if that’s correct.

(I made two batches so far and they came out pretty good bh! But I did use a friend’s Dutch ovens)

nursemomma

Post Yesterday at 9:03 pm
No, they don’t need to be preheated! (Another reason why I like it better). Actually, I think it’s not meant to be in the oven empty.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen