Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Shabbat mode oven

amother
OP

Post Today at 10:58 am
Would appreciate recommendations for a gas oven (preferably under $1000) with an uncomplicated Shabbat mode (I’m replacing an old oven that doesn't have that feature). Steam clean would be great too.
Separate question- do any ovens in that price range come with built in warming drawers ?
I’m in the US-
Thanks

Chayalle

Post Today at 11:01 am
I would call a place like Town Appliance and ask for a recommendation.
Mine did not come with a warming drawer. And one thing about Sabbath mode - my old oven was very easy to set, if I wanted, say, 2 hours on the timer, the hour was a different setting than the minutes, so I could just hit the hour arrow twice for 2 hours. On my new oven, I have to hit the minute button 120 times to get 2 hours! It's crazy! Every week when I do it I think, which chinese brain invented this. Make sure you get one with an easier feature.

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Today at 11:02 am
You could get ge profile.
One you learn the buttons it’s easy but there is a learning curve. Town appliance still recommends a magnet on the door.

Or you can get the ge Shabbos tool that automatically puts your oven into Shabbos mode every Shabbos and yom tov and you don’t need a magnet.

amother
Nectarine

Post Today at 12:05 pm
You can get the “Shabbos Keeper” box for $225 that works with all GE ovens, there’s several GE models for less that $775. Mine was less than that and has steam clean, self clean, convection, air fry etc etc. It doesn’t have a warming tray though.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen