Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
No money for yom tov
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
Bisque

Post Today at 5:00 am
1. My yomtov meals end up being. Mainly pasta . I serve a cold noodle app, soup with lukshen and then serve lukshin as a side dish
2. I ask the grocery for the ugly, insellable produce .
3. I shamelessly go to any food pantry I can find and get canned veggies
4. Walmart brand pasta 98 cents

amother
Chestnut

Post Today at 5:05 am
amother OP wrote:
Yes and yes. B”H went at the beginning of this month. Got 3 chickens which I’ve been using every shabbos so they’re used up and 2 roasts which I hope to use for yom tov (will last one maybe 2 meals).

Have you gone to Mrs. D's gemach? I found beautiful, new clothes there for my girls.

amother
  OP  

Post Today at 5:10 am
amother Chestnut wrote:
Have you gone to Mrs. D's gemach? I found beautiful, new clothes there for my girls.

Yes found for one girl. Not for the other. Also always need fill ins after that, didn’t find any weekday stuff

dragoneye126

Post Today at 5:15 am
OP, can I send you something to cover some expenses for YT? You can pm me with contact info. I guarantee you’ll never meet me irl, I’m just some random lady lol

notshanarishona  

Post Today at 5:18 am
[quote="amother OP"]The cholov Yisroel dairy is very expensive here. Yesterday we had no money in the account so we didn’t buy milk, waiting until today when I get my refund from Amazon to buy the milk. It’s hard but we are managing.
I have one pair of shoes for shabbos/ weekday they are white. IYH I hope it’s warm enough that I can wear white still on yom tov[/quota]

As far as milk, so many people get extra from Wic. Find someone who has a few kids under 5, and ask them if anytime she has extra and sees she isn’t finishing it she can let you know. I haven’t had to buy milk in a while and it saves us a lot of $.

notshanarishona

Post Today at 5:21 am
amother OP wrote:
I don’t know a Rabbi.

You don’t need to know Rabbi well, just wherever your husband davens/ asks his shaylos too.
When we struggle (which has happened a lot with all the medical things that have caused me to take breaks from working), we have filled out the form for matan besayser. They will ask for references and ask about a million questions but then send you a monthly check of a few hundred till you are managing.

amother
Lime

Post Today at 5:29 am
Op I just wanted to give you a hug. I'm in the same boat. Collecting change from around the house to buy something to feed my kids dinner. It's a scary place to be. Only one I can rely on is hashem to get us out of this mess. And yes I see people shopping shopping buying and they all seem to be able to afford everything. The only one who understands this is hashem

amother
Tanzanite

Post Today at 5:30 am
I'm in your city and have some beautiful clothes from my daughters. What sizes do you need? Are you interested in hand me downs? (They are in good condition)

And if you want to remain anonymous, I am happy to leave a bag on my front steps and you can come pick it up whenever. I am out at work all day.

amother
Coffee

Post Today at 5:49 am
Hugs op
may you never know of pain and have a yeshua asap
and all of klal yisrael should have shefa bracha and hatzlacha!

Not from a place of judgment
but
I'm sure you've been trying to change the situation
it doesnt help to slice the existing money pie into more pieces at this point, cuz there's just so much you can scrimp and save and cut
Instead you have to figure out how to increase the size of the pie
If this means a raise, taking on another job, Finding outside streams of income, getting government help, or getting charity money, it doesn't matter the point is that to live constantly trying to stretch it there's a limit to how far that can go

Hatzlacha and bracha
A gut gebentched yahr

amother
  Blushpink  

Post Today at 6:00 am
If there’s a verified campaign through a Rav of the shul or someone who knows you
I’m sure some of us would try to contribute - every $18 adds up…

Not sure if a campaign can be posted on here

amother
  OP  

Post Today at 6:22 am
[quote="notshanarishona"]
amother OP wrote:
The cholov Yisroel dairy is very expensive here. Yesterday we had no money in the account so we didn’t buy milk, waiting until today when I get my refund from Amazon to buy the milk. It’s hard but we are managing.
I have one pair of shoes for shabbos/ weekday they are white. IYH I hope it’s warm enough that I can wear white still on yom tov[/quota]

As far as milk, so many people get extra from Wic. Find someone who has a few kids under 5, and ask them if anytime she has extra and sees she isn’t finishing it she can let you know. I haven’t had to buy milk in a while and it saves us a lot of $.

Yes that’s a good idea I gotta find someone who has extra

amother
  OP  

Post Today at 6:23 am
notshanarishona wrote:
You don’t need to know Rabbi well, just wherever your husband davens/ asks his shaylos too.
When we struggle (which has happened a lot with all the medical things that have caused me to take breaks from working), we have filled out the form for matan besayser. They will ask for references and ask about a million questions but then send you a monthly check of a few hundred till you are managing.

He doesn’t ask shaylos. Nidda I drop off anonymously or ask a rav I know from a different city. He doesn’t have one specific shul

amother
  Amaranthus  

Post Today at 6:25 am
Do you want to post what size clothing your daughter wears?

I have clothing we bought that we couldn't return

amother
  OP  

Post Today at 6:26 am
amother Coffee wrote:
Hugs op
may you never know of pain and have a yeshua asap
and all of klal yisrael should have shefa bracha and hatzlacha!

Not from a place of judgment
but
I'm sure you've been trying to change the situation
it doesnt help to slice the existing money pie into more pieces at this point, cuz there's just so much you can scrimp and save and cut
Instead you have to figure out how to increase the size of the pie
If this means a raise, taking on another job, Finding outside streams of income, getting government help, or getting charity money, it doesn't matter the point is that to live constantly trying to stretch it there's a limit to how far that can go

Hatzlacha and bracha
A gut gebentched yahr

Yes DH just asked for a raise it’s not much and will just increase our insurance premium but at least he feels a little better about it.
I work a job part time (can’t work more because of childcare) and I have two side businesses as well. Again I’m not getting specific but we are doing everything we can.
DH also tried to start a business that didn’t flourish. Sometimes Hashem says no and no matter what I do it doesn’t change. I trust it’s where Hashem wants me to be and it’s best for me.
It’s not like we aren’t working hard and trying things. It’s really hard because often I’ll say to Hashem, we are just doing the best we can, we are doing our part, why is it so hard for us

amother
  OP  

Post Today at 6:28 am
amother Tanzanite wrote:
I'm in your city and have some beautiful clothes from my daughters. What sizes do you need? Are you interested in hand me downs? (They are in good condition)

That’s so nice thank you! I would love hand me downs, just don’t want to be identified do you have an email and I can email you anonymously with sizes and if it matches I can swing by and pickup?

I so much appreciate the chesed but it’s hard for me to be public about it

shira leah

Post Today at 6:31 am
amother OP wrote:
That’s so nice thank you! I would love hand me downs, just don’t want to be identified do you have an email and I can email you anonymously with sizes and if it matches I can swing by and pickup?

This is my screen name. I don't want to post my email on here. Pls pm me! Hope this works for you!

amother
  Amaranthus

Post Today at 6:31 am
amother OP wrote:

I also have clothes you can email me if you want

ima123anon123@gmail.com

amother
Banana

Post Today at 7:04 am
Im so sorry things are so rough for you. Have you spoken to matan besayser?

amother
  Blushpink

Post Today at 7:27 am
amother Banana wrote:
Im so sorry things are so rough for you. Have you spoken to matan besayser?

This organization?
Sounds exactly what OP is looking for
https://matanbsayser.org/our-recipients/

https://matanbsayser.org/kemach/

amother
Lemon

Post Today at 5:43 pm
I have $318 of maaser money left for this month. If that would be helpful to anyone, please email me at raradev@yahoo.com and we'll figure out how to get it to you.
Page 4 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics