Post Tue, Sep 24 2024, 11:00 am
Hi can someone give me basic quick run down
On when and how I can warm up food thrudsy for Thursday night
And how/ when do I warm up food Friday for Friday night
Thanks!

amother
Stoneblue  

Post Tue, Sep 24 2024, 11:04 am
You can prep & warm up the food for Thursday night, only after the zman maariv which is approximately the zman of motzei shabbos. So take all food out of the freezer before yom tov. You can prepare food for shabbos from Thursday night/Friday morning, but you need to make an eruv tavshulin.

Cmon be nice

Post Tue, Sep 24 2024, 11:30 am
For Thursday night, if youre just warming up leftovers,or cooked the food before YT, it shouldnt take that long. That being said, 2nd night most people eat late for that reason

amother
Snapdragon

Post Tue, Sep 24 2024, 12:31 pm
The only cheat for 2nd night is if you're warming up for kids for supper then you don't have to take out exactly, enough you could let say warm up the whole pot of soup or pan of meat at 6 and then it's already warm later when you put it back in the oven again and it's much faster.

Post Tue, Sep 24 2024, 12:38 pm
For Friday night needs to be put in before candle lighting
For Thursday night what ever time you hold for motzei yom tov

amother
DarkPurple

Post Tue, Sep 24 2024, 1:16 pm
amother Snapdragon wrote:
The only cheat for 2nd night is if you're warming up for kids for supper then you don't have to take out exactly, enough you could let say warm up the whole pot of soup or pan of meat at 6 and then it's already warm later when you put it back in the oven again and it's much faster.

yes this is amazing. thank Gd for little kids. we put the food on the blech before we go to taishlich

amother
  OP  

Post Tue, Sep 24 2024, 1:39 pm
Ok thanks !
So to clarify
Bottom line for Friday night I can warm
Up food whenever as long as before candle lighting ?my oven will be on so no issue with liquids or whatever ?

amother
  Stoneblue

Post Tue, Sep 24 2024, 1:44 pm
amother OP wrote:
Ok thanks !
So to clarify
Bottom line for Friday night I can warm
Up food whenever as long as before candle lighting ?my oven will be on so no issue with liquids or whatever ?

For Friday night/shabbos day you can prep food till the zman of candle lighting, only if you made an erev tavshulin. No issue with liquids or anything else.

amother
  OP

Post Tue, Sep 24 2024, 1:54 pm
Thank you all

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Sep 24 2024, 5:04 pm
You should check with your rav but we hold you can only open the oven once and take out all the food at the same time on Shabbos as closing the oven door enhances the cooking process for whatever's left in... So make sure you are set on hilchos bishul for the Shabbos aspect.

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Sep 24 2024, 6:21 pm
Not dealing with your specific oven logistics, etc. but you can only start heating up Thursday after whatever zman you hold for licht bensching. Sliced roasts in gravy heat up well. I put starch in crockpot and hope for the best, roast on the flame.

For Shabbos, I have a blech so will heat up the soup and put on blech. Kugel heats well, can go on top of blech or crockpot. Protein will be heated up and kept on inverted pan on blech, most likely.

Crockpot for cholent.

We don't keep the oven on.

mommyhood

Post Tue, Sep 24 2024, 6:26 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
You should check with your rav but we hold you can only open the oven once and take out all the food at the same time on Shabbos as closing the oven door enhances the cooking process for whatever's left in... So make sure you are set on hilchos bishul for the Shabbos aspect.

We hold that’s a problem only if the food is not fully cooked, if it is fully cooked we can take some things out and leave other food in.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen