Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins
Extreme Depression and anxiety during periods (pmdd)

mommy2BH

Post Today at 2:34 pm
Hi, since my second baby was born (and only since then) I have extreme severe depression during periods only and lasts as long as the bleeding and then fades away. So severe that it ruins my regular functioning and abilities to run my house and take care of my two babies. Literally not able to eat or sleep, makes it way worse that it’s nidda time, and I burst out crying random times including in public places. So embarrassing. It lasts about 7 days. I was on paragard iud right after baby, my periods started coming extremely close together, doubled with this pmdd I was going crazy. my doc said to switch to nuvaring. I switched and pmdd did not go away but at least my periods were further apart ( I stacked). It became so unbearable each period that I now decided to switch to mirena- hopefully no periods at all- and was told the just progesterone only may help. Anybody have similar situation? Is it weird that this all of a sudden happened only after second baby? Any ideas? Just started mirena and so far not too bad BH. Just a little anxious/hormonal but no depression BH!!!

tulip3

Post Today at 3:08 pm
Imbalanced hormones can cause this. Diet plays a huge role so start with fixing that to be blood sugar friendly, liver friendly so it detoxes.

Tiredmom3

Post Today at 3:14 pm
You can try a reproductive psychiatrist if switching bvc doesn't work.

Ruchi

Post Today at 7:04 pm
Magnesium and vitamins B Complex can help
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins