Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Your 30+ lbs story
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
  OP  

Post Mon, Sep 16 2024, 12:34 pm
It’s a digital scale. I wait until it’s on zero.

It’s it on a levelled surface? My bathroom is tiled and the scale is on a few different tiles. But it’s for sure inconsistent. Dh tells me to get an old fashion scale but it’s important for me to see the ever so slight change in weight which the non digital won’t show me clearly

amother
  Whitesmoke  

Post Mon, Sep 16 2024, 12:40 pm
amother OP wrote:
It’s a digital scale. I wait until it’s on zero.

It’s it on a levelled surface? My bathroom is tiled and the scale is on a few different tiles. But it’s for sure inconsistent. Dh tells me to get an old fashion scale but it’s important for me to see the ever so slight change in weight which the non digital won’t show me clearly

Digital scales are usually more acurate, as the analog scales cam get worn over time and won't necessarily be as accurate. But that's weird that it would be off by several pounds right after. Maybe the scale is broken?

amother
  Whitesmoke  

Post Mon, Sep 16 2024, 12:41 pm
amother OP wrote:
I made it this far!! This is huge for me. I have a zero tolerance for cheating rule. Bc I know myself and even one slip and it’s (very potentially) over for me.

The only cheats I did allow was once a made good/kind bars that were leftover from a trip. Was careful with my calories that day. And then today for some reason I thought it was ok to have chocolate covered rice cakes. Not sure why I thought that but I’m not doing it again.

I’m doing almost no dairy (Mozzerella cheese occasionally in eggs), no gluten, no sugar. Yes maple sugar. I feel great. BUT my scale says a different number all the time and I have no idea what’s right. So either I lost about 9 lbs.. which would be wonderful! Or I lost 2.5. Not so great.

My clothing still fits the same but even with 9 lbs I wouldn’t expect it to be loose.

Due to work I wasn’t able to fit working out into my day until now. Starting today my schedule is a bit easier and I’m getting a walk in everyday. Is walking (with hills!) considered good enough exercise? I really enjoy it and I really don’t enjoy other exercises

Regardless of the scale, congrats on making it this far! Keep up the good work!

amother
  Coffee

Post Mon, Sep 16 2024, 12:47 pm
Etekcity Bathroom Scale for Body Weight, Highly Accurate Digital Electronic Weighing Machine for People, LCD Display, Large Size, 6mm Tempered Glass for Safe Home Use, Batteries Included, 400 lbs https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00F.....ss_tl

I have had this one for 4 years and it is very accurate.

amother
  OP  

Post Yesterday at 8:25 am
I’m still at it! I can’t believe I’ve made it this far. 3 full weeks. Down 6lbs. Can’t believe it. Was hoping it would be more considering how drastically different I’m eating but I’ll take what I can get! A bit nervous for all the yt meals coming up. But I’ll be as prepared as possible

amother
  Whitesmoke

Post Yesterday at 8:34 am
amother OP wrote:
I’m still at it! I can’t believe I’ve made it this far. 3 full weeks. Down 6lbs. Can’t believe it. Was hoping it would be more considering how drastically different I’m eating but I’ll take what I can get! A bit nervous for all the yt meals coming up. But I’ll be as prepared as possible

That is amazing! I'm going along with you. I'm down 5 pounds.

amother
  Bergamot  

Post Yesterday at 8:37 am
amother Whitesmoke wrote:
That is amazing! I'm going along with you. I'm down 5 pounds.

I'm down 4 BH. So happy because I'm a type 1 diabetic as of January and I put loads of weight back on. Thought I couldn't lose anymore but BH I am and I will.
Hope to be able to say that I lost 30+ pounds one day soon in this group. iyH! In a healthy way 💪 We've got this!

amother
  Tulip  

Post Yesterday at 9:23 am
amother Bergamot wrote:
Wow well done that's amazing! What's carb cycling? And in how long did you lose 70?

It's actually awesome!

One day high carb, one day low carb (for 6 days total) and then a "cheat day".

This constant cycling makes your metabolism work like a furnace just burning calories constantly.

There's a whole book on it (the science behind it, the practicalities of it).

It worked for me because I knew I could eat more on a high carb day and I could enjoy shabbas without worrying much since it was my cheat day (obviously I didn't consume 10k calories, but I did allow myself to eat what I normally wouldn't eat during the week).

So I never felt totally lacking or completely deprived either.

I still counted calories on this plan, so that was helpful too. Never ate more than was recommended by myfitnesspal. So that helped a ton too.

Besides for this, keto and IF also works really really well.

Everyone is different so just gotta find what works for you, and what's sustainable.

ETA

Here's the link to the book
https://www.amazon.com/Choose-.....388a3

amother
  Tulip  

Post Yesterday at 9:24 am
Duplicate, deleted.

amother
  Bergamot  

Post Yesterday at 9:26 am
amother Tulip wrote:
It's actually awesome!

This constant cycling makes your metabolism work like a furnace just burning calories constantly.

It worked for me because I knew I could eat more on a high carb day and I could enjoy shabbas without worrying much since it was my cheat day (obviously I didn't consume 10k calories, but I did allow myself to eat what I normally wouldn't eat during the week).

I still counted calories on this plan, so that was helpful too. Never ate more than was recommended by myfitnesspal. So that helped a ton too.

Everyone is different so just gotta find what works for you, and what's sustainable.

Sounds really interesting. So on a high carb day what would you typically eat? Only carbs?

amother
  Bergamot  

Post Yesterday at 9:28 am
amother Tulip wrote:
It's actually awesome!

How long did it take you to lose the 70 pounds?
What exercise did you do? Sorry for the questions 🫣

amother
  Tulip  

Post Yesterday at 9:29 am
amother Bergamot wrote:
Sounds really interesting. So on a high carb day what would you typically eat? Only carbs?

No

Just a lot more carbs than the low carb day (don't remember the exact number)...

And the carbs are healthy, complex carbs (not white bread or chips etc.)

amother
  Anemone

Post Yesterday at 9:30 am
Me too! 3 weeks and bh down 6 lbs

amother
  Bergamot  

Post Yesterday at 9:31 am
amother Tulip wrote:
No

Just a lot more carbs than the low carb day (don't remember the exact number)...

And the carbs are healthy, complex carbs (not white bread or chips etc.)

Right I see. It sounds good! Thanks.

amother
  Bergamot

Post Yesterday at 9:32 am
amother Anemone wrote:
Me too! 3 weeks and bh down 6 lbs

Well done. This is so encouraging.
I'm diabetic, type 1, and now having a low sugar episode after being high all day. It's so frustrating but I'm doing the best that I can.

amother
  Tulip  

Post Yesterday at 9:37 am
amother Bergamot wrote:
How long did it take you to lose the 70 pounds?
What exercise did you do? Sorry for the questions 🫣

Ask away!

I was exercising and was going to the gym.

I was single at that point and spent a ton of energy on my weight loss journey... Now I'm married with 2 kids and know I can't repeat everyrhing I did, and I'm also older so the weight will be a lot more stubborn.

amother
  Steel  

Post Yesterday at 9:38 am
amother OP wrote:
Wow, I’m so happy for you! Realistically, 2 lbs a week is a very healthy weight loss rate. You can’t lose much more unless you do keto which causes a lot of water loss at the beginning, but then slows down to 1-2 lbs a week.

amother
  OP  

Post Yesterday at 11:48 am
What exactly is Keto. I’d say I’m pretty close to it

amother
  Steel  

Post Yesterday at 1:19 pm
amother OP wrote:
What exactly is Keto. I’d say I’m pretty close to it
You only eat up to 20g carbs a day

amother
  OP

Post Yesterday at 1:24 pm
I’m probably already doing keto.

What foods have carbs that I wouldn’t think of? I’m totally off gluten.
Page 4 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise