amother
OP  

Post Sun, Sep 01 2024, 1:21 am
Tell me how you lost 30+ lbs.
1.what did you eat?
2 how did you stay motivated
3 how long did it take
4 did you work out? If yes, what type and how often

If you took any type shot please don’t answer. If you took any natural supplements that you feel aided in your weight loss please post!

I need all the motivation and inspiration. I’ve got 8 weeks until a wedding and this has got to happen… now. I know how to eat clean, but I have such a hard time sticking to it. Hate working out but I know it’s a must.

amother
Steel  

Post Sun, Sep 01 2024, 2:08 am
Can I answer? I only lost 15, but that’s all I needed to lose. I did 8/18 IF, keto for a month, and then maintained it by eating very low carb but also low calorie and clean for another month. No real workouts except some Pilates twice a week and 40 minute walk twice a week. My tips are:
Never be hungry. Fill up on proteins and low carb veggies, and healthy fats. Portion sizes matter, so bulk up everything that you can with veggies.

Keep the goal in mind. I know it sounds vain but I imagined myself at the wedding and everyone telling me how good I look, and it helped me push through.

Keep going. Don’t let cheats get in the way, just bounce back as if nothing happened.

Do weigh ins midweek. No matter how careful you are, shabbos foods bloat you and you’ll think you gained 3 lbs, but it’ll be gone by Tuesday.

I also bought my gown when it was still a drop small. I knew I had to fit in it. At the end it had to be taken in 😀.

amother
DarkKhaki

Post Sun, Sep 01 2024, 2:21 am
I'll go first Smile
I lost 25 pounds since pesach. I was also trying to fit into a gown for a wedding.
I was dealing with other health issues so I avoided proceed food and white flour.

I usually ate overnight oats with protein powder for breakfast. Prep at night so it's easy to grab in the morning.
A huge salad for lunch with cold cuts or another protein diced inside. Dressing was olive oil, lemon juice and spices. I dice enough vegetables for 3 days and keep in the fridge. Just mix with lettuce and eat.
Supper is fish, or grilled chicken cutlets with steamed veggies or rice.
I only drank water or tea - no sugar. And drink a lot! This helps all the extra fiber from the salad and oats move and not give you indigestion.
Snack is nuts, fruits, veggies, smoothies, eggs, rice cakes with natural peanut butter or yogurt with granola.
I ate whole wheat challah and whole wheat pasta or occasionally.

I made little cups of chocolate mousse for an occasion treat. 1 can coconut milk, 1 can coconut cream, 1-2 bags chocolate chips in blender. Mix until very smooth and pour into little 4oz cups. I added a little bit of whip on top and froze them.

I choose to really cut the carbs and tried to include healthy fats.

I also made healthy suppers for everyone, not just me. It's much harder if you have to make your own food after. Life gets in the way and you just eat their food because it's easier.

In terms of exercise, I didn't go crazy. I tried to walk around an extra block after dropping my kid at playgroup and did a 10 minute Pilates workout at night when it worked out.

amother
Aconite

Post Sun, Sep 01 2024, 2:22 am
I lost 30 lbs after a baby but did it over a few months in the winter. I went to a nutritionist and stuck to her food plan. I also exercised a lot! There was no shortcuts but was extremely happy with the results. I also felt that the fact that I was getting on a scale weekly in front of my nutritionist held me accountable and helped me stick to my diet!

amother
Wandflower  

Post Sun, Sep 01 2024, 2:34 am
The thing you're missing here, OP, is mindset.
You can follow someone else's journey to the T but if you don't have the mindset of:
a. not obsessing over food
b. doing what works for you long term
c. enjoying it
you will probably end up in a binge-restrict cycle soon after.
I'm not trying to be negative, just giving you statistics.
You need something that works for you.

amother
RosePink

Post Sun, Sep 01 2024, 3:18 am
I've done it before and the key is balance.

Don't be too restrictive otherwise you'll end up binging.

You need to be very mindful when you eat. e.g. even for one cookie, sit and enjoy and take it all in. Don't just grab a couple cookies on the way to the car.

Cut out most processed foods and soda.

amother
Cyan

Post Sun, Sep 01 2024, 3:22 am
amother OP wrote:
Tell me how you lost 30+ lbs.
1.what did you eat?
2 how did you stay motivated
3 how long did it take
4 did you work out? If yes, what type and how often

If you took any type shot please don’t answer. If you took any natural supplements that you feel aided in your weight loss please post!

I need all the motivation and inspiration. I’ve got 8 weeks until a wedding and this has got to happen… now. I know how to eat clean, but I have such a hard time sticking to it. Hate working out but I know it’s a must.

I lost 40 lbs by simple calorie counting and restriction. It took 10 months and now I'm working on maintenance, keeping smaller portion sizes and mindful eating to maintain my weight.
I didn't cut out any food groups and didn't go out of my way to eat healthy. Just ate consistently less in a calculated way.

OP, do you want to lose weight long term and stay that way, or just quickly lose a lot of lbs for the wedding and after that, who cares?
For those are two different approaches. There are many different quick fix diets out there that will make you indeed shed pounds fast and get you slim in time for the wedding, but they are not long term sustainable and the weight will come back later if you revert to your normal eating habits.
Shots also work for most people only as long as they take them, unless they manage to make long term changes during the treatment and keep them up afterwards.

Long term weight loss is a slower process and you have to commit to long term/life-long changes to your eating habits and physical activity levels to keep the weight down. Therefore the changes must be in a way that you can live with basically forever.

amother
Beige  

Post Sun, Sep 01 2024, 7:07 am
I lost around 70lb and have kept it off for 9 years now. What worked for me is OA, cutting out all flour and sugar, being aware of and addressing my tendency towards volume eating and following the steps to address the emotional aspects that send me to food. It has been a life changing miracle for me tyh. At this point people who don't know me from before have a hard time believing I was extremely overweight much of my life

amother
DarkYellow  

Post Sun, Sep 01 2024, 7:54 am
I lost about that in a few months. I went extremely restricted for calories, removed all carbs and sugar from my diet. Used intermittent fasting / keto. And did 30 mins on the peleton a day. That's it. After 2 weeks of being hangry, you adjust and state to feel so much better.

amother
Stone

Post Sun, Sep 01 2024, 10:05 am
What are examples of keto diet?

amother
Violet

Post Sun, Sep 01 2024, 10:18 am
I lost 20 pounds recently bH! I did intermediate fasting, did not eat from 5 pm till 7 am. No snacking at night, even fruit. And yes, some nights I was hungry. I also stay away from carbs as much as I could (PCOS history).

Breakfast: 6 egg whites omelet with 1/4 cup of shredded cheese, 1 piece of Ezekiel bread and a banana
Snack: Sliced apple and peanut butter (I use those individual, 250 calories containers)
Lunch: Huge salad (mix of spinach and romaine, cucumbers, hearts of palm, tomatoes, peppers) with tuna/salmon/grilled chicken. Salad dressing is diet Caesar (Salad Mate).
Snack: A packet of Deluxe Mixed Nuts (Walmart brand- 270 calories)
Dinner: A protein and veggie. Ex: Grilled chicken, hamburger, fish with roasted peppers, broccoli, roasted carrots, brussels sprouts... I keep it simple.

And that's it. It was hard at first but now I am used to it.

amother
  OP  

Post Sun, Sep 01 2024, 3:46 pm
This is all so helpful and motivating. You have no idea. Please keep them coming. It’s helpful

#BestBubby

Post Sun, Sep 01 2024, 4:02 pm
Hashem please help OP lose and maintain a healthy weight.

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Sep 01 2024, 6:57 pm
Got sick. Sad

amother
Bergamot  

Post Sun, Sep 01 2024, 7:27 pm
amother Violet wrote:
I lost 20 pounds recently bH! I did intermediate fasting, did not eat from 5 pm till 7 am. No snacking at night, even fruit. And yes, some nights I was hungry. I also stay away from carbs as much as I could (PCOS history).

Breakfast: 6 egg whites omelet with 1/4 cup of shredded cheese, 1 piece of Ezekiel bread and a banana
Snack: Sliced apple and peanut butter (I use those individual, 250 calories containers)
Lunch: Huge salad (mix of spinach and romaine, cucumbers, hearts of palm, tomatoes, peppers) with tuna/salmon/grilled chicken. Salad dressing is diet Caesar (Salad Mate).
Snack: A packet of Deluxe Mixed Nuts (Walmart brand- 270 calories)
Dinner: A protein and veggie. Ex: Grilled chicken, hamburger, fish with roasted peppers, broccoli, roasted carrots, brussels sprouts... I keep it simple.

And that's it. It was hard at first but now I am used to it.

Do they sell the individual peanut butters on Amazon by any chance? Could you link please? We don't get them here in the UK as far as I know.
Thanks for typing out your diet, it's a big help. Do you eat the same thing every day? What other ideas do you have for snacks please?

amother
Coffee  

Post Sun, Sep 01 2024, 7:41 pm
I lost 30lbs about 4 years ago and just now lost about 25 lbs (gained weight from pregnancy) again since late winter/ pesach time.
1. Cut most processed carbs
2. Ate a lot of fruits and veg
3. Exercise was an added bonus if I had time, but not essential in weight loss. I have off and on exercised, but I am a more active person in general.
4. Focused on protein. Made sure I had a good source of protein in every meal and snacks
5. Lots of water!

amother
  Beige  

Post Sun, Sep 01 2024, 7:45 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
Got sick. Sad

😭😭🤗🤗 Btdt too! About 40lb in a month to month and a half. Was really scary!!

amother
  Bergamot  

Post Sun, Sep 01 2024, 8:42 pm
amother Beige wrote:
😭😭🤗🤗 Btdt too! About 40lb in a month to month and a half. Was really scary!!

Oh man! What was wrong with you, and were you sick for a month?

amother
  Beige

Post Sun, Sep 01 2024, 9:40 pm
amother Bergamot wrote:
Oh man! What was wrong with you, and were you sick for a month?

I as a crazy thing where I couldn't digest food and they couldn't figure out why. I was sick for way more than a month. But after a month and a half or two my weight bottomed out. Bh it resolved

amother
Anemone

Post Sun, Sep 01 2024, 10:10 pm
About 8 months after my 4th kid I went on Weight Watchers and lost 25lbs. I kept it off until I got pregnant with my 5th
Now my youngest is 20 months and just started Weight watchers again. This time I'm hoping to lose 30
You have to be very disciplined in tracking what you eat, but I like that absolutely nothing is off limits.
I also find it extremely time consuming to eat healthy. I need to have all my fruits and veggies washed and cut up, and meals planned on Sunday for the week. All my kids are now out of the house during the day so I felt like I was ready to make the time commitment needed to do it right
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise