Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Am I the only one
1  2  Next

amother
OP  

Post Sun, Sep 22 2024, 9:41 am
Who hasn’t even looked for winter/yom Tov clothing for my kids yet? I honestly just can’t afford it. I don’t know what they’re going to wear 🙈
Ppl r shopping away and I feel like I’m the only one who can’t. What am I doing wrong?!

amother
Maize

Post Sun, Sep 22 2024, 9:43 am
I am shopping for just one toddler and a newborn. I shopped sales and still I feel like I spent money like water this month.

amother
  OP  

Post Sun, Sep 22 2024, 9:44 am
amother Maize wrote:
I am shopping for just one toddler and a newborn. I shopped sales and still I feel like u spent money like water this month.

I have a few teenage girls. It’s not so simple

amother
Puce  

Post Sun, Sep 22 2024, 9:48 am
Nope, you're not the only one.

amother
  Puce

Post Sun, Sep 22 2024, 9:50 am
amother OP wrote:
I have a few teenage girls. It’s not so simple

I have 6 girls and 2 boys. 3 teenage girls. I completely relate.

amother
Razzmatazz

Post Sun, Sep 22 2024, 9:52 am
I just started with a massive shein order. Davening a lot of it works so I don't need to go frum store shopping. 5 kids, no teens

amother
Magenta

Post Sun, Sep 22 2024, 9:56 am
BH everyone has hand me downs this year so I just bought new socks ( Walmart) and shoes (target) and a few extra things from once upon a child so each kid could have the excitement of picking out one weekday outfit and one shabbos outfit for under $20 a child. (So even with piles of hand-me-downs, I think I still spent $50 a child! Yikes!)

anonymrs

Post Sun, Sep 22 2024, 10:00 am
My daughter has beautiful clothes in her closet from last yr, kids size 12-14. I'd be happy to send it to you.

amother
Jean

Post Sun, Sep 22 2024, 10:07 am
I bought everything on shein. Teenage daughter included. Made a HUGE order, returned about 70% of it that was poor quality or ill fitting, and was left with a handful of beautiful outfits ranging between $10 and $25 per outfit.

If it makes you feel better I do this even though I BH BH BH can afford to shop in the Jewish stores, but I just think doing so is preposterous and a last resort. I'd rather save my money to spend on other things

amother
Hawthorn

Post Sun, Sep 22 2024, 10:09 am
amother Jean wrote:
I bought everything on shein. Teenage daughter included. Made a HUGE order, returned about 70% of it that was poor quality or ill fitting, and was left with a handful of beautiful outfits ranging between $10 and $25 per outfit.

If it makes you feel better I do this even though I BH BH BH can afford to shop in the Jewish stores, but I just think doing so is preposterous and a last resort. I'd rather save my money to spend on other things

Can you please please share links of things that worked?

amother
Forsythia

Post Sun, Sep 22 2024, 10:11 am
amother Jean wrote:

And bec I bh can afford to buy clothing locally, my husband cant handle that I place massive orders and return most.
He would rather I try on clothes at home,or in store and not be busy returning, and waiting to be credited...

amother
Snowflake

Post Sun, Sep 22 2024, 10:23 am
I also havent done a thing and I have a teenager too.

Now I feel worse lol

gande

Post Sun, Sep 22 2024, 10:46 am
To make you feel better I shlept around the jewish stores shopping with my teens and didn’t buy anything. So I’m not better off than you. There is really nothing nice out there worth the $200 plus price tag. Also a lot of brands are just now coming out or restocking.

I did get some sweaters on gap (gap factory)for $20 a shabbos jumper in Macys for $100 and plan on making a temu order.

amother
Turquoise

Post Sun, Sep 22 2024, 10:52 am
Quote:
I bought everything on shein

Same. I bought my little girls three outfits, each $7-10. Shoes $9
I bought two dresses and a sweater for myself. I'll wear my old shoes for now until they start falling apart ($15 last year from Shein)
Bh my teen DD got some hand me downs

amother
Lightcyan

Post Sun, Sep 22 2024, 10:56 am
amother Jean wrote:

Please share the good stuff!!

amother
SandyBrown

Post Mon, Sep 23 2024, 4:07 pm
amother Jean wrote:

Same I do buy some expensive things but don’t feel the need love love SHEIN

amother
Seashell

Post Mon, Sep 23 2024, 4:47 pm
Can any of you shein shoppers link some good shabbos clothing for teens and adults?

amother
Yellow

Post Mon, Sep 23 2024, 4:55 pm
Not the only one.
Im hoping the older 2 will fit in atleast one from last yr and I got a bag from a friend that has some good stuff, hoping my almost 3 yr old will fit in what I kept from my 7 yr old DD, but they really are different body shapes.
I think I'm procrastinating trying on incase they don't fit and I will need to shop.

InnerPrincess

Post Mon, Sep 23 2024, 5:00 pm
Not the only one.

I've gone into a few stores and been browsing online but just can't bring myself to pay these prices. It doesn't help that I think the styles are really ugly this season.

greengrapes

Post Mon, Sep 23 2024, 5:05 pm
Haven't bought a thi g. Can hardly get food on the table. I look around and all my neighbors/ family are shopping away. I just don't get it. How does everyone afford it? Does everyone tom d!ck and Harry really make so much money that everyone can shop till you drop except for me? Sometimes I'm genuinely confused
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics