Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
What hamper do you have for towels? Need a new one

amother
OP  

Post Mon, Sep 16 2024, 7:22 am
I use this

ELONG HOME Laundry Basket with Lid, 1 Pack 100L Laundry Basket, Laundry Hamper with Removable Bag, Grey Laundry Baskets with Bamboo Handles https://a.co/d/bJ745EZ

It's the worst product ever and looking for a sturdy hamper. Limited room.

Links appreciated.

amother
Canary  

Post Mon, Sep 16 2024, 7:31 am
Is there no way to dump the towels into the washer as soon as they're dirty? Things that are wet and sit around start to smell.
We keep our towels on hooks in bathrooms, kitchen and throw in another load every 2 days.

amother
Amber

Post Mon, Sep 16 2024, 7:36 am
I have a similar one (link below). I actually have 2 singles and a double lined up in a row.
I really like them and I've had them for years.
I usually put a garbage bag inside and clip it in place with binder clips (the kind meant for paper that you squeeze to remove).

Eta: I forgot the link! Honey Can Do Collapsible Square... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08W.....share

amother
  OP

Post Mon, Sep 16 2024, 7:36 am
amother Canary wrote:
Is there no way to dump the towels into the washer as soon as they're dirty? Things that are wet and sitting around start to smell.
We keep our towels on hooks in bathrooms, kitchen and throw in another load every 2 days.

A lot of the towels aren't necessarily wet, I just wash after uses. Especially if kids will keep on floor after bath.

If I keep on the bathroom hooks until ready to wash, dh will think they're clean and reuse them. I won't hang a towel that I wiped up the floor with back up on a hook until ready to wash...

amother
  Canary

Post Mon, Sep 16 2024, 7:40 am
amother OP wrote:
A lot of the towels aren't necessarily wet, I just wash after uses. Especially if kids will keep on floor after bath.

If I keep on the bathroom hooks until ready to wash, dh will think they're clean and reuse them. I won't hang a towel that I wiped up the floor with back up on a hook until ready to wash...

I don't either hang up a towel I wiped up the floor with. I throw it straight into the wash. Or place it on top of the washing machine if I'm waiting to add more towels within a few hours.

zaq

Post Mon, Sep 16 2024, 4:53 pm
amother Canary wrote:
Is there no way to dump the towels into the washer as soon as they're dirty? Things that are wet and sit around start to smell.
. No need for this. Just let the towels air dry before throwing them in the hamper. It's easy to clip them to a skirt hanger and hang up in some convenient or inconvenient spot for an hour or three till they dry. One way is to install a chinning bar in a doorway or two and use it like a closet rod on such occasions. For the hour or so that it's masquerading as a laundry area, it's no biggie to push aside the towels when using the doorway for its intended purpose.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry