Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Bungalow 21
Previous  1  2  3  Next

confused 2

Post Sat, Aug 31 2024, 9:57 pm
amother Orange wrote:
I’m not sure why this woman doubts herself so much. They are obviously excluding her from activities - it’s not subtle at all. Why can’t she tell her friends and her husband (and herself) that they’re a bunch of snobs and she’s miserable. Why does she keep second guessing herself?

Cuz they're bringing out a point where this bullying can kill a person forever...I can see myself doubting and feeling just like Miriam that I'm the problem

amother
Topaz

Post Sat, Aug 31 2024, 10:28 pm
Is this an article in a magazine that we're referencing?

amother
Pear

Post Sat, Aug 31 2024, 10:39 pm
calvinhobbs wrote:
And let’s not forget workplaces and apartment buildings. This is not exclusive to certain situations. It’s a type of person that feels superiority over others

And there’s a bunch of threads about sisters in law who do the same thing

amother
  OP  

Post Sat, Aug 31 2024, 10:42 pm
amother Topaz wrote:
Is this an article in a magazine that we're referencing?

Ami serial

amother
  OP  

Post Sat, Aug 31 2024, 10:44 pm
amother Orange wrote:
I’m not sure why this woman doubts herself so much. They are obviously excluding her from activities - it’s not subtle at all. Why can’t she tell her friends and her husband (and herself) that they’re a bunch of snobs and she’s miserable. Why does she keep second guessing herself?

At first it was subtle
Where do you think they went together?

why isn't even 1 of them nice?
Did they decide together to leave her off the chat?

Her husband thinks she's making a deal out of nothing
She's embarrassed to tell her friends at home
I've been there

amother
Banana  

Post Sun, Sep 01 2024, 12:26 am
Would is every man in her serials such a doofus??
It's infuriating!!

Tao  

Post Sun, Sep 01 2024, 12:50 am
amother Banana wrote:
It's infuriating!!

I don't know, I mean think about it. She says, "They didn't invite me to the kiddush." He's a guy, he says, 'So what? No-one invited me either!" etc. He genuinely cant understand, because it's bullying the girl way, and he's a guy. There was nothing very specific she could tell him to make him understand. Although, creating a separate chat with her I think even a guy could understand how that would be hurtful.

amother
  OP  

Post Sun, Sep 01 2024, 12:54 am
amother Banana wrote:
It's infuriating!!
is she author of crossroads? Shalom was nice to chava

Tao

Post Sun, Sep 01 2024, 12:56 am
amother OP wrote:

Yeah, he was also an idiot. Rolling Eyes

giftedmom

Post Sun, Sep 01 2024, 1:10 am
amother Banana wrote:
It's infuriating!!

I heard today that she’s single. Would explain things.

amother
  OP  

Post Thu, Sep 12 2024, 5:45 pm
It's only chapter 11 and the end of the summer
What will the rest be about?

Ihatepotatoes  

Post Yesterday at 1:24 am
amother OP wrote:
It's only chapter 11 and the end of the summer
What will the rest be about?

Simple. She's going to go back to her old life, and if you recall, a new neighbor had just moved in...who she and her friends were ignoring....and treating exactly like she was being treated in the bungalow colony....

I see three ways the story might end:

1) She realizes that she and her friends were wrong, and is mekarev the new neighbor. Everyone lives happily ever after. The End.

2) She and her friends continue to treat the new neighbor badly, either rationalizing that if she wanted to join she'd ask, or just plain old snobbery

3) Over the summer her old friends became close friends with the new neighbor, and freeze her out. Extra bonus points to the author if the new neighbor is Libby from the bungalow colony, The woman whose bungalow she'd taken over.

amother
  Banana

Post Yesterday at 3:02 am
amother OP wrote:

Every guy/husband in any of this authors serials was a complete idiot of a husband. Whether it was by mistake or on purpose their behavior all made my skin crawl.

amother
  OP

Post Yesterday at 6:03 pm
Ihatepotatoes wrote:
Simple. She's going to go back to her old life, and if you recall, a new neighbor had just moved in...who she and her friends were ignoring....and treating exactly like she was being treated in the bungalow colony....

1) She realizes that she and her friends were wrong, and is mekarev the new neighbor. Everyone lives happily ever after. The End.

2) She and her friends continue to treat the new neighbor badly, either rationalizing that if she wanted to join she'd ask, or just plain old snobbery

3) Over the summer her old friends became close friends with the new neighbor, and freeze her out. Extra bonus points to the author if the new neighbor is Libby from the bungalow colony, The woman whose bungalow she'd taken over.
😀
Wasn't the new neighbor called miri

amother
Impatiens

Post Yesterday at 7:04 pm
What I don't get about this is why are friendships the be all and end all of these grown women's lives? They're adults/mothers/wives. She goes to the country and because she felt left out she retreats to her room. You're in the country! Go outside. Take your kids for a hike. Lie in the sun. Why are you obsessing over some random women and whether they include you or not?

And the kicker is the husband shows up after a whole week apart and instead of doing things together he's off hanging out with the other men who were strangers to him a week ago. What's wrong with spending time as a family?

chestnut

Post Yesterday at 7:09 pm
Ihatepotatoes wrote:

Oh, I totally didn't remember about a new neighbor.
Libby is her sister-in-law or something.
I'd think her new neighbor would be one of snobby women from the colony, but they'd probably have figured it out at some point in the summer.

amother
Bluebell

Post Yesterday at 7:30 pm
[quote="amother Impatiens"]What I don't get about this is why are friendships the be all and end all of these grown women's lives? They're adults/mothers/wives. She goes to the country and because she felt left out she retreats to her room. You're in the country! Go outside. Take your kids for a hike. Lie in the sun. Why are you obsessing over some random women and whether they include you or not?

And the kicker is the husband shows up after a whole week apart and instead of doing things together he's off hanging out with the other men who were strangers to him a week ago. What's wrong with spending time as a family?[/quote]

Bungalow life is WEIRD

Your post is so normal. Of course that is what adults should do!!

amother
Sage

Post Yesterday at 7:33 pm
chestnut wrote:
Oh, I totally didn't remember about a new neighbor.
Libby is her sister-in-law or something.
I'd think her new neighbor would be one of snobby women from the colony, but they'd probably have figured it out at some point in the summer.

Someone told me this happened to her irl. Woman snubbed her at the bungalow colony then moved onto her block and had the gall to say “at least I have one friend here”.

amother
Broom

Post Yesterday at 7:45 pm
amother Sage wrote:
Someone told me this happened to her irl. Woman snubbed her at the bungalow colony then moved onto her block and had the gall to say “at least I have one friend here”.

Literally had this happen to me as a kid. A new family joined our bungalow colony and their daughter seriously bullied and badmouthed me all summer. The following school year she switched to my school with multiple parallel classes and requested to be put into my class. The bullying continued throughout the school year until we moved away.
She recently met my husband and told him to send me regards since we'd been "great friends" back in the day

amother
Melon

Post Yesterday at 10:39 pm
Forsure her old friends gana leave her out .. she just said she going back to normal .. which means it will be anything but! Have a feeling will have to do with the girl who she told how miserable she was and will backfire on her
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room