Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Are you popular in your bungalow colony?
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP  

Post Mon, Aug 19 2024, 6:51 pm
Just wondering?

And what makes you popular?

What’s your opinion about that popular woman in your place?

I’ll answer later….

amother
Oleander

Post Mon, Aug 19 2024, 7:39 pm
By now, I'm ok. In the beginning, with a new crowd, I definitely felt "bungalow 21".

amother
Cantaloupe

Post Mon, Aug 19 2024, 8:16 pm
Just here to give a shoutout to all of you feeling like 21! Hang in there, you have tons to offer and they’ll feel silly once they see the real you!

I don’t country, but I always try to engage those that aren’t being engaged by anyone else.

amother
Calendula

Post Mon, Aug 19 2024, 8:52 pm
The popular ones aren’t the “imamother type”.

amother
Bluebell

Post Mon, Aug 19 2024, 8:59 pm
I am not so popular but my sister is. She cares a lot about other people and always offers to watch people's kids for them or lend them things. She has a knack for remembering what difficulties people are going through, and she offers them help they might need. She has teenage daughters who are popular among their friends and they also love to hold people's babies. Their porch is a popular hangout for girls and women in the bungalow colony.

amother
Bellflower

Post Mon, Aug 19 2024, 9:02 pm
amother Oleander wrote:
By now, I'm ok. In the beginning, with a new crowd, I definitely felt "bungalow 21".

I would probably be bungalow 88 because I don't even know the meaning of bungalow 21.

Ok I would be popular when I'm in the circle because I'm humorous and witty but it would take the right crowd to get me to sit in that circle.

amother
Burntblack

Post Mon, Aug 19 2024, 9:08 pm
IDK lol
I went through so many stages, correlating to my trauma healing. At this point it never crosses my mind.
I think our colony in general went through many stages. Many “popular” ones
, or those who thought they were, ate humble pie and conduct themselves differently now.

amother
Wine

Post Mon, Aug 19 2024, 9:37 pm
Idk this question made me laugh

amother
Milk

Post Mon, Aug 19 2024, 9:42 pm
amother Calendula wrote:
The popular ones aren’t the “imamother type”.

Now I'm curious what this means...

amother
Red  

Post Mon, Aug 19 2024, 9:49 pm
amother Milk wrote:
Now I'm curious what this means...

I’m too busy sitting on my porch checking imamother to hold with the program all day.

Here I rather control what shtism I will be listen to and can close the conversation if it gets long and boring.

Ruchel

Post Tue, Aug 20 2024, 2:22 am
Goodness. Sounds like a nightmare

amother
Ginger

Post Tue, Aug 20 2024, 3:43 am
Many people in my colony have made it clear in various ways that they enjoy my company. This is not an humble brag. I enjoy their company too.
Unfortunately we weren’t able to go this year and it’s been very difficult on me.

amother
IndianRed  

Post Tue, Aug 20 2024, 4:14 am
amother Bluebell wrote:
I am not so popular but my sister is. She cares a lot about other people and always offers to watch people's kids for them or lend them things. She has a knack for remembering what difficulties people are going through, and she offers them help they might need. She has teenage daughters who are popular among their friends and they also love to hold people's babies. Their porch is a popular hangout for girls and women in the bungalow colony.

Sounds like a lot of work in a place you’re supposed to relax 😂
It’s sad that in the states being popular/having positive social contact equals being almost like a doormat. Unless you are a super chessedik type of person and really don’t mind.
I’m from Israel and watching from outside (and reading from the serials) the whole culture of bungalow colonies irks me a bit. Kind of like high school dynamics at work. But maybe the serials are just exaggerated.

amother
DarkViolet  

Post Tue, Aug 20 2024, 4:54 am
amother Cantaloupe wrote:
Just here to give a shoutout to all of you feeling like 21! Hang in there, you have tons to offer and they’ll feel silly once they see the real you!

I don’t country, but I always try to engage those that aren’t being engaged by anyone else.

That's a new one, never heard 'county' being used as a verb before lol!

amother
Starflower

Post Tue, Aug 20 2024, 4:56 am
Never heard the term bungalow 21.
If it means left out, guess that's me. I think I dont quite fit in because I work and dont have very little kids. I feel awkward joining a circle , esp at the playground. I am not really a shy person, but I wish I had a good friend here to hang out with.....

amother
Hotpink  

Post Tue, Aug 20 2024, 5:12 am
Bungalow 21 is a serial in the Ami, where a popular woman went to an unfamiliar bungalow colony because they were doing renovations in their home, and nobody was interested in her there. She stayed in bungalow 21.
Every day that goes by she’s becoming more lonely and insecure.
Her husband thinks that it’s her problem because she’s acting insecure. She’s not, the women are just not nice , and so is her husband, everyone is acting disgusting to the poor lady.

amother
Aubergine

Post Tue, Aug 20 2024, 5:16 am
amother IndianRed wrote:
Sounds like a lot of work in a place you’re supposed to relax 😂
It’s sad that in the states being popular/having positive social contact equals being almost like a doormat. Unless you are a super chessedik type of person and really don’t mind.
I’m from Israel and watching from outside (and reading from the serials) the whole culture of bungalow colonies irks me a bit. Kind of like high school dynamics at work. But maybe the serials are just exaggerated.

Brilliant, learn about the culture of something like a bungalow colony from a fiction serial in a magazine 🙄

amother
Seablue  

Post Tue, Aug 20 2024, 5:20 am
I don't go to a bungalow colony. However, after years of working on myself not to be effected by silly high school ploitics I honestly don't think I'd care much.

I think the woman of Bungalow 21 kind of made her own situation- as in with a different attitude & a dose of humility she would have been part of the crowd in no time.

watergirl

Post Tue, Aug 20 2024, 5:20 am
amother DarkViolet wrote:
That's a new one, never heard 'county' being used as a noun before lol!

Country is a noun (person, place, or thing). I think you meant to say verb, as in "I don't country very well", "country" being the action.

amother
  Hotpink

Post Tue, Aug 20 2024, 5:39 am
amother Seablue wrote:
I don't go to a bungalow colony. However, after years of working on myself not to be effected by silly high school ploitics I honestly don't think I'd care much.

I think the woman of Bungalow 21 kind of made her own situation- as in with a different attitude & a dose of humility she would have been part of the crowd in no time.

No.
From the onset they were all sending her unfriendly vibes and excluding and ignoring her.
It’s actually a form of bullying, but we don’t know yet if it’s deliberate or not.
They’re probably just very busy and don’t care about her at all.
She’s definitely suffering.
You’re blaming the victim, just like her husband.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics