Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur
Food on rosh hashana
Previous  1  2

ShishKabob

Post Wed, Sep 11 2024, 12:02 pm
amother Blush wrote:
You’re 💯 right.

However, the way I always learned it is that RH is about being mamlich hashem. We are crowning Him as our king. The focus of the day is not about judgement. Rosh hashana is a yom tov. Yom kippur is yom hadin and that’s when we are fasting, davening all day etc.
This, we are chassidish and we have a festive seudah with fish, soup, meat, sides and dessert. Same as a typical Succos seudah.

Elfrida

Post Wed, Sep 11 2024, 12:14 pm
amother Blush wrote:
You’re 💯 right.

However, the way I always learned it is that RH is about being mamlich hashem. We are crowning Him as our king. The focus of the day is not about judgement. Rosh hashana is a yom tov. Yom kippur is yom hadin and that’s when we are fasting, davening all day etc.

Yes, I was sort of rolling the while of the Yamim Noraim together for the sake of that comment.

But it's Rosh HaShana that is Yom haDin. That's when the struct judgement of emet is made. Then, over the next week, we have time for teshuva before the rachamim of Yom Kippur comes into play and the judgement is finally sealed.

amother
Butterscotch

Post Wed, Sep 11 2024, 12:19 pm
I never really thought about what food I serve. I make a yom tov meal, I never do an over the top menu anyway. It's usually some sort of basic appetizer, then the main course which includes some form of chicken, meat and a side. Then dessert is our usual icecream pie. And I make the same food, just with different sauces to change it up.
I've heard of people not having guests on rosh hashona.

rainbow dash

Post Wed, Sep 11 2024, 12:20 pm
I'm a bit, my husband is ffb. We eat fish, soup, chicken and a starchy side and zimmers for night cause chicken is lighter.

Day meal is,the same but with meat.

amother
  OP  

Post Thu, Sep 12 2024, 7:57 am
Thank you all! A great range of options

amother
  Oatmeal

Post Thu, Sep 12 2024, 8:48 am
rainbow dash wrote:
I'm a bit, my husband is ffb. We eat fish, soup, chicken and a starchy side and zimmers for night cause chicken is lighter.

Day meal is,the same but with meat.

What’s a zimmer?

amother
  OP

Post Thu, Sep 12 2024, 8:49 am
amother Oatmeal wrote:
What’s a zimmer?

I think its tzimmes

camp123

Post Thu, Sep 12 2024, 10:39 am
We do regular Yom tov meals. It's never over the top, it means we have meat.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur