Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Incident on the bus
Previous  1  2  3

gamanit

Post Wed, Sep 04 2024, 7:51 am
My kid's schools give the bus drivers music and storytapes to play on the bus. They tell the drivers that they can only play media that the school provides. This way the kids aren't bored and it's kosher stuff playing.

amother
  Stone  

Post Wed, Sep 04 2024, 7:56 am
amother OP wrote:
Yes, I am aware. They usually pay someone who works in the school, who could use the extra cash.
But, as I said, this is something we have always had, and it's part of what we pay for when we pay for transportation. (We do not have free bussing. This is a paid service.)
Ok so the real issue is that you feel you’re not getting what you’ve paid for. Surely there is a busing coordinator for you to talk to?

amother
  OP  

Post Wed, Sep 04 2024, 8:01 am
amother Stone wrote:
Ok so the real issue is that you feel you’re not getting what you’ve paid for. Surely there is a busing coordinator for you to talk to?

No, the real issue is that the bus needs a monitor (regardless of who is paying for it.)
Would you leave your kids alone in the house unattended? This is no different. School busses are known to be places where stuff happens.
I was replying to the poster who said she never heard of a monitor on a bus with big boys. Not sure which world she is from, but we have always had a monitor, because it is necessary.

amother
  Stone  

Post Wed, Sep 04 2024, 8:04 am
amother OP wrote:
No, the real issue is that the bus needs a monitor (regardless of who is paying for it.)
Would you leave your kids alone in the house unattended? This is no different. School busses are known to be places where stuff happens.
I was replying to the posted who said she never heard of a monitor on a bus with big boys. Not sure which world she is from, but we have always had a monitor, because it is necessary.
There are cameras, and people checking on them. Yes I would leave my son home under such circumstances. Not everyone sees this the way you do.

kenz  

Post Wed, Sep 04 2024, 8:20 am
amother OP wrote:
I was replying to the posted who said she never heard of a monitor on a bus with big boys. Not sure which world she is from, but we have always had a monitor, because it is necessary.

Actually you were responding to me, and I am not the person who said that. The fact that you have always paid for and had a monitor doesn’t mean they can magically find one. That’s likely why the principal answered you that way, because he’s not sure he will be able to get one.

Last edited by kenz on Wed, Sep 04 2024, 10:54 am; edited 1 time in total

Raizle

Post Wed, Sep 04 2024, 8:24 am
amother OP wrote:
The kids asked the bus driver to turn on the radio. Which she did. Non Jewish kol isha. (With big boys on the bus.)

Omg seriously? The things I was picturing till you finally posted that....My goodness, that should be the worst occurrence on the bus.
The way you made it sound, I thought someone was molested

amother
  OP  

Post Wed, Sep 04 2024, 10:13 am
amother Stone wrote:
There are cameras, and people checking on them. Yes I would leave my son home under such circumstances. Not everyone sees this the way you do.

That's ok. I don't need everyone to see this as I do.
Just to clarify, the kids on this bus range from 3 years old to 5th grade. To each their own, but I would not leave a group of kids this age unattended at home or anywhere.

And I'm not so sure there are cameras. Even if there are, who is actually checking them? They are possibly checked after the fact, to verify things, if a complaint is made, but cameras can't help in real time. Let's not kid ourselves.

amother
  OP  

Post Wed, Sep 04 2024, 10:16 am
Raizle wrote:
Omg seriously? The things I was picturing till you finally posted that....My goodness, that should be the worst occurrence on the bus.
The way you made it sound, I thought someone was molested

Read the thread again. I did not "make is sound" like it was the worst thing ever. All I said is that there was an incident that was unacceptable. And it is, to me and most people who care about their children's chinuch.
If you read more into it than that, I'm sorry.
But for me that is something that is unacceptable for a frum yeshiva.

amother
  OP  

Post Wed, Sep 04 2024, 10:22 am
kenz wrote:
Actually you were responding to me, and I am not the person who said that. The fact that you have always paid for and had a monitor doesn’t mean they can magically find one. That’s likely why the principal answered you that way, became he’s not sure he will be able to get one.

Actually , I was responding to amother teachkids, who said that she never heard of a monitor being needed on a bus with big kids.
In any case, I hear what you are saying, that it's hard to get monitors. I know that. But I still think it's my right as a parent to ask if the school is planning on getting one. (As I said, the other routes do have a monitor.)

amother
  Stone

Post Wed, Sep 04 2024, 10:29 am
amother OP wrote:
That's ok. I don't need everyone to see this as I do.
Just to clarify, the kids on this bus range from 3 years old to 5th grade. To each their own, but I would not leave a group of kids this age unnatended at home or anywhere.

And I'm not so sure there are cameras. Even if there are, who is actually checking them? They are possibly checked after the fact, to verify things, if a complaint is made, but cameras can't help in real time. Let's not kid ourselves.
I would be really uncomfortable having such a wide age range on the same bus. I didn’t realize you were talking about preschoolers.

amother
  OP

Post Wed, Sep 04 2024, 10:50 am
amother Stone wrote:
I would be really uncomfortable having such a wide age range on the same bus. I didn’t realize you were talking about preschoolers.

In any case, I was notified that the music situation was dealt with. The bus driver was told that its against the school rule to allow radio music. So I'm relieved about that.
I still hope that the school is working towards finding a monitor.

kenz

Post Wed, Sep 04 2024, 11:00 am
amother OP wrote:
In any case, I was notified that the music situation was dealt with. The bus driver was told that its against the school rule to allow radio music. So I'm relieved about that.
I still hope that the school is working towards finding a monitor.

I hope so too! Hatzlachah going forward.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics