Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Why throw a colleague under the bus?!

amother
OP  

Post Tue, May 21 2024, 12:49 pm
Why do that? Especially if the colleague did nothing wrong?

I’m so frustrated at a colleague who has a habit of trying to spin things in a way that makes me look bad when I am good at my job. This person is related to the boss so has protektzia. Argh I’m so angry.

amother
Lemonlime

Post Tue, May 21 2024, 12:52 pm
Are you the only 2 people working in a specific department? She's probably trying to make herselve look better, throw the blame off of her.
My current job has this Each man for themselves policy, where you don't think twice before throwing someone else, guilty or not, under the bus just to protect yourself.
Really not fun. I'm sorry OP!

amother
  OP  

Post Tue, May 21 2024, 1:01 pm
Thank you for the validation! I keep trying to wrack my brain to come up with a DLKZ but so far nada.

The client is looking at a bunch of different options and they haven’t yet made up their mind about whether they want to use our company. They are allowed to do that!

This colleague seems to think that I can magically brainwash people into deciding to use our services. If client wants to think about it, or explore all their options before making a decision, this colleague tells the boss that I caused us to “lose an opportunity.”

So annoyed. Punch I’m trying to “stay the class act” and remain professional, but I’m really annoyed at this person.

amother
Broom

Post Tue, May 21 2024, 1:06 pm
So sorry you are dealing with this
Don’t look for logic where none exists
Some people are personality disordered
Hugs and hatzlocha

amother
Wine

Post Tue, May 21 2024, 1:15 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thank you for the validation! I keep trying to wrack my brain to come up with a DLKZ but so far nada.

The client is looking at a bunch of different options and they haven’t yet made up their mind about whether they want to use our company. They are allowed to do that!

This colleague seems to think that I can magically brainwash people into deciding to use our services. If client wants to think about it, or explore all their options before making a decision, this colleague tells the boss that I caused us to “lose an opportunity.”

So annoyed. Punch I’m trying to “stay the class act” and remain professional, but I’m really annoyed at this person.

Ugh, this is tough. I would recommend document everything that you do as much as possible. Document the date, the action and your rationale for it. This can be really helpful if ever escalates.

amother
Blueberry

Post Tue, May 21 2024, 1:24 pm
I own a business and my policy is never to pressure customers. I respect their intelligence.

nicole81

Post Tue, May 21 2024, 1:29 pm
Some people need to make others bad in order to boost their own self worth. It comes from their insecurities and emotional immaturity. Sorry you have to deal with this. I think we all come across people like this at some point in our working lives. They usually don't end up going very far though.

amother
Nasturtium  

Post Tue, May 21 2024, 1:40 pm
I once worked in an office that it was just me and another assistant who used to try to make me look bad so she could look better even though I was good at my job too. So I quit after 2 months because no way I was going to work along with someone like this and bring this kind of tzures in my life. The worst part was that she was my friend. I saw unfortunately a whole different side of her on the job.

amother
  OP  

Post Tue, May 21 2024, 1:45 pm
Thanks ladies, this is helpful. I am trying to come up with a dan l’kaf zchus but Scratching Head

A rebbetzin I know once said “if you can’t be dan l’kaf zchus, be dan l’kaf shtus.” I guess this is just this colleague’s shtus.

amother
  Nasturtium

Post Tue, May 21 2024, 1:51 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thanks ladies, this is helpful. I am trying to come up with a dan l’kaf zchus but Scratching Head

A rebbetzin I know once said “if you can’t be dan l’kaf zchus, be dan l’kaf shtus.” I guess this is just this colleague’s shtus.

Could be because the person is related to the boss they'll do anything to look good and and not be embarrassed . Some people are not very brave when it comes to owning their mistakes and this is a close dlkz. It's a weakness, not necessarily malicious. Still causes collateral damage.

amother
  OP

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 10:52 pm
OP here. She did it again. A potential client reached out a couple months ago, I responded to him and tried to set up a time to speak about his needs. The potential client didn't respond to voicemails or emails. Now this potential client apparently told a third party that he "couldn't reach anyone at our office" (not for lack of trying on my part) and another colleague shared this on our work group chat. I responded clarifying that I left voicemails and reached out via email to try to set up a time to speak, and got no reply.

So then the bullying colleague, who seems to be hell-bent on throwing me under the bus to the degree possible, writes publicly on the group chat, "well, OP, maybe you need to call this client at X time." Excuse me. I called the client at the SPECIFIC TIME the client requested, multiple times. I asked the client what other days/times could work. This colleague is so fixated on trying to make me look bad and honestly I wouldn't be surprised if her nastiness is what's holding back the geula (I know, I know, Hashem has a plan, etc. etc.). No matter how hard I work and no matter how much I do she seems to be convinced that I'm a slacker and a threat to the company's success. I like my job but this woman is a bully and a piece of work. Vent over. I'm SO angry. Thanks for listening. Punch

SYA

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 11:23 pm
I had a similar work situation. I waited till it reached a point of no return. I found a new job and then went and told my boss I was leaving and why. He was really upset I hadn’t told him before so he could try to resolve it.

Document everything and then meet with your boss and “clarify” what’s going on. Be honest and give examples. This worker can be pulling down the business. You may leave and others may also after if nothing is done. But give your boss a chance to resolve this.

Molly Weasley

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 11:45 pm
amother OP wrote:
OP here. She did it again. A potential client reached out a couple months ago, I responded to him and tried to set up a time to speak about his needs. The potential client didn't respond to voicemails or emails. Now this potential client apparently told a third party that he "couldn't reach anyone at our office" (not for lack of trying on my part) and another colleague shared this on our work group chat. I responded clarifying that I left voicemails and reached out via email to try to set up a time to speak, and got no reply.

So then the bullying colleague, who seems to be hell-bent on throwing me under the bus to the degree possible, writes publicly on the group chat, "well, OP, maybe you need to call this client at X time." Excuse me. I called the client at the SPECIFIC TIME the client requested, multiple times. I asked the client what other days/times could work. This colleague is so fixated on trying to make me look bad and honestly I wouldn't be surprised if her nastiness is what's holding back the geula (I know, I know, Hashem has a plan, etc. etc.). No matter how hard I work and no matter how much I do she seems to be convinced that I'm a slacker and a threat to the company's success. I like my job but this woman is a bully and a piece of work. Vent over. I'm SO angry. Thanks for listening. Punch

It's a classic case of bullying behavior. I hope you stood up for yourself within the group!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics