Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Is Going Out To Eat Something You Do Often?
Previous  1  2  3

How Often Do You Go Out To Eat?
Often/Regularly (Once A Week Or More)  
 6%  [ 18 ]
Occasionally (A Couple of Times a Month)  
 17%  [ 47 ]
Seldom/Just for An Occasion (Every few Months)  
 38%  [ 102 ]
Rarely (Once or Twice a Year, or Less)  
 36%  [ 98 ]
Total Votes : 265

lovelife7613

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 8:22 pm
Fancy resteraunts on our anniversaries and birthdays, also randomly we will go like once every two months. My DH is a huge eater so we usually get takeout like once or twice a week.

amother
Vanilla

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 8:23 pm
Is take-out and going out to a restaurant considered the same here?

amother
Bronze

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 8:29 pm
During the first two years of marriage, we went out for special occasions as well as an additional 4-5 times. We also ate in restaurants when we traveled but I’m not sure if that counts…
Most we ever spent in a restaurant was about $400. I think it was just under but I’m not positive. On average we spend $200-$250 on the two of us

Now we go at most once a year. Sometimes once every 1.5-2 years. We cut out restaurants to budget better and instead we cook a gourmet dinner. DH and I both cook very well and we like to try interesting cuisines and unusual dishes so it’s a food excuse to try it out. Our most expensive meal that we cooked at home was just under $200 and we had enough leftovers for 3 nights

amother
Trillium

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 8:50 pm
Really fine dining we do very rarely -maybe once every few years.
Family style restaurant 3-5 times a year.
Fast food like hamburgers, pizza or falafel about once a week.

srbmom

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 8:55 pm
There was no option for never, so I chose rarely. I honestly can't remember the last time DH and ai went out to eat. Maybe 2 or 3 years ago when someone gave us a gift card.
I love the idea but can't fathom spending money I don't have on such an experience
We get pizza probably once every 2 months- even that is expensive now

amother
Clematis

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 9:10 pm
There was a time when we'd go out twice a week on average with the whole family to moderately priced places and then maybe 2x a month we'd go on a date night to a fancier place. These days it's more like twice a month with kids to a pizza shop and once a month to a nicer place for the two of us. The prices have just gone up astronomically and if I'm honest, seeing the bill at the end of my meal really kills the joy of eating out, no matter how good the food might be and how happy I am to not have the mess at home.

salt

Post Tue, Sep 03 2024, 2:34 am
We would only go out to eat if I received a voucher from someone/ workplace/ etc - which sometimes happens, but DH really doesn't like to eat out, so after several years of convincing him to, and have him sit there on edge, I now usually go with someone else (sister, kids, etc).

Sometimes my parents will invite me or the kids out to eat, so then we'll go too.

So, in short, not if I have to pay. But it's not like I'm scrounging off people. I just wouldn't spend my money on it.

amother
Daphne

Post Tue, Sep 03 2024, 4:18 am
I do not enjoy sitting with my husband moaning about how I make much better food.
I understand, I'm a good cook. I do appreciate a break once in a while though. But not like this.
And that's why I voted rarely. It takes me a long time to forget how much I hate doing it with him, and I tell myself "for this occasion it'll be different."
It never is.

Such a minor thing, but it really gets me fired up.
Vent over.

ChalieB

Post Tue, Sep 03 2024, 4:26 am
We don't go out to eat often, but we'll order food a decent amount (once a week or so)

amother
  Slategray

Post Tue, Sep 03 2024, 5:56 am
amother Denim wrote:
Which restaurants have you been to?

Loft in BP is a manhattan tier close by
Mikes bistro
Noi due
Tabernacle really pricey and stunning ambience- we were treated
Le Mares
Wall Street grill

There’s others we usually try somewhere new we heard about my brother goes out to eat often so we hear about all the good places and what to order - you also have to know what to get at each place

NJ has great places too
ETC in Teaneck
Salt is unreal too

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Tue, Sep 03 2024, 6:15 am
We go out on average once a week, usually bringing other people with us. Unless were on vacation, then we go out every night. My husband loves eating out and I don't mind not making dinner Smile we've just started taking the kids (all under 5 for lunch out but that's pretty rare)

Barnea
Mike's Bistro
Tabernacle
The Loft (bk)
Wall Street Grill
UN Plaza Grill
Doma and Prime Bistro (5T)

amother
Puce

Post Tue, Sep 03 2024, 6:18 am
We eat out a few times a year, but probably do ShopRite take out weekly 🙈.

amother
Heather

Post Tue, Sep 03 2024, 6:49 am
I don't go out to eat with my husband as he doesn't go out due to health reasons. We do takeout about once a week.

amother
Broom

Post Tue, Sep 03 2024, 7:33 am
Too often 😬
DH appreciates "good" food and the ambiance/idea of a nice place. ( I do cook, but going out to eat is one if his "things")
Recently we've been to Manhattan for alot of follow up appts and always end up at Noi due for lunch.- once a month since April. ( bill is about 200$)
Every Rosh Chodesh, and we get takeout also.
Im trying gently tell DH that we iy"h having a baby soon,( 1st one) we want to go away on a nice vacation in the next month or 2, and want to buy a house so we kind of need to cut our spending now
, so I suggested this month to hold off on Rosh Chodesh as we have 2 appts on the 19th and will be going out to eat for lunch and dinner.
He was ok with and sees that I have a point.

amother
Lemon

Post Tue, Sep 03 2024, 7:45 am
Waiter & tablecloths kind of places- never. Family style or pizza a few times a year.

Eating out is not in my family's culture- my parents consider eating in public to be not refined.

heidi

Post Tue, Sep 03 2024, 8:58 am
amother Lightblue wrote:
Kids from 2-17. We don’t usually take them with us. We meet for lunch a couple times a week and sometimes do takeout for the family or just go out ourselves once a week.

This past week and a half with the kids being off we’ve been going out for lunch every day. Love spending time with them!

And to the poster with the calories comment- I find it keeps me more in shape because there’s no doubles and no leftovers to nosh on after the meals. I’m a size 4-6.

Interesting viewpoint- that's not my experience-
I love going out to eat- the interesting food, the ambiance- DH does it to keep me happy- usually once a month or so with DH and once a month or so with friends- definitely order in 2-3 times a month.
A few years ago our kitchen was unusable for a week and we went out 4 nights in a row- it was necessity- (yes I know we could have lived on peanut butter and rice cakes but)- not luxury so we ordered basics- chicken breast, salads, potatoes- nothing fried or fancy- by the end of the week my fingers were literally swollen- from the salt in the food I guess.
So I can't imagine that eating out is ever healthier or lower calorie than home cooked

lamplighter

Post Tue, Sep 03 2024, 10:01 am
With DH 2-4 times a year. With my siblings 2 -4 times a year. Some of those are cafe style places.
We almost never do take out.
It's not my favorite thing to do but it's the easiest.

#BestBubby

Post Tue, Sep 03 2024, 10:06 am
No, I can't enjoy it because it's too expensive

amother
DarkGray

Post Tue, Sep 03 2024, 10:15 am
Like 1-2 times a year $100 just dh and me
Then order in for family maybe 5 times a year takeout and occasional pizza
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics