Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Is Going Out To Eat Something You Do Often?
1  2  3  Next

How Often Do You Go Out To Eat?
Often/Regularly (Once A Week Or More)  
 6%  [ 18 ]
Occasionally (A Couple of Times a Month)  
 17%  [ 47 ]
Seldom/Just for An Occasion (Every few Months)  
 38%  [ 102 ]
Rarely (Once or Twice a Year, or Less)  
 36%  [ 98 ]
Total Votes : 265

Cheiny

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 3:58 pm
How often do you go out to eat?

I love going out to restaurants, not just for the food… I enjoy the whole experience, people watching, being served, not having to do the clean-up. Very Happy

amother
Poinsettia

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 4:08 pm
We love going out to eat!

However my husband literally orders (almost) the entire menu, and no we dont finish everything.

And we always spend at least 6-700 dollars.. so its pricey..

amother
Lightblue  

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 4:16 pm
I love love love it.
We go to high end places once a month (3-500$)
And regular places a couple of times a week 😳 lunch is out 2-3 times a week and supper at least once a week.

amother
Lemonchiffon

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 4:21 pm
amother Lightblue wrote:
I love love love it.
And regular places a couple of times a week 😳 lunch is out 2-3 times a week and supper at least once a week.

Wow. Yumm. My parents are like this since we’re all married. Can I ask what stage you’re in?

amother
Royalblue

We go out to eat occasionally. Less than once a month. When we do, we like to try something a bit nicer once we're at it.

I love a restaurant with nice ambiance. I enjoy feeling pampered.

Usually for milestones but occasionally for just a nice date night.

The most we ever spent was $300 for our anniversary...we usually get only an app and two mains and drinks.

amother
Amber

I enjoy it but as it's expensive for us, we go maybe 3 times a year, if that. And then it's for pizza/falafel/Chinese, not fine dining.

amother
Foxglove

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 4:22 pm
We go out to restaurants 2-3 times a year (get takeout every week or two). I wish we could go out more but not affordable.

care4u

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 4:27 pm
Love it, just not the calories!

amother
Brown

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 4:27 pm
My freinds meet once a week pizza place

amother
Aquamarine

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 4:30 pm
I used to go out to eat really often but since inflation, we haven’t gone. No room in our budget.

bigsis144

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 4:31 pm
I live OOT where the fanciest sit-down options are pizza and (farther away) an Israeli place.

We get takeout every so often as a special treat or to give me a break, but it’s not a “night out” sort of “eating out”.

We are more likely to eat out if we are visiting family in a place where there actually are restaurants, but even that is never “grown ups only, fancy dining”.

amother
  Lightblue  

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 4:43 pm
amother Lemonchiffon wrote:
Wow. Yumm. My parents are like this since we’re all married. Can I ask what stage you’re in?

Kids from 2-17. We don’t usually take them with us. We meet for lunch a couple times a week and sometimes do takeout for the family or just go out ourselves once a week.

This past week and a half with the kids being off we’ve been going out for lunch every day. Love spending time with them!

And to the poster with the calories comment- I find it keeps me more in shape because there’s no doubles and no leftovers to nosh on after the meals. I’m a size 4-6.

rmbg

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 5:11 pm
amother Lightblue wrote:
Kids from 2-17. We don’t usually take them with us. We meet for lunch a couple times a week and sometimes do takeout for the family or just go out ourselves once a week.

This past week and a half with the kids being off we’ve been going out for lunch every day. Love spending time with them!

And to the poster with the calories comment- I find it keeps me more in shape because there’s no doubles and no leftovers to nosh on after the meals. I’m a size 4-6.

Wow! What does your husband do for a living?

amother
Cadetblue  

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 5:18 pm
I love going out to eat too , but since having kids money is much tighter (also, as much as I work on good restaurant manners with the kids, they don’t always get it). I’d say we average takeout once a week and eating out maybe once a month. Maybe twice a year for birthdays Dh and I will get a babysitter and go someplace nice just the two of us.

As a BT and a former foodie in my pre-Frum life, I’ve got a lot to say about the quality of many frum restaurants but will save that for another thread! 😂

amother
Teal

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 5:19 pm
I don’t enjoy fine dining as much so we don’t go out except for my mother in laws birthday and Mother’s Day (we take my mil out not for me lol) she’s young and newly widowed and it makes her happy bh we can do that for her.

amother
Bubblegum

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 5:20 pm
amother Lightblue wrote:
I love love love it.

Wow! Are you wealthy?

amother
  Lightblue

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 5:31 pm
amother Bubblegum wrote:
Wow! Are you wealthy?

No. Comfortable.

amother
Honey

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 5:47 pm
amother Bubblegum wrote:
Wow! Are you wealthy?

Not anymore. Not after she's paid the restaurants!

amother
Honeydew

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 5:51 pm
I grew up on the poor side. Going out or bringing home pizza was a huge treat. My husband grew up differently. Now I think my kids have gone out to eat with my inlaws more times than I've gone out with my husband, or our immediate family. Maybe twice or triple as many! When they're having grandparent time...I don't know how to expressthat I don't want my kids growing up with restaurant eating a usual thing, don't want it to be part of their standard of living...

amother
Denim  

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 5:54 pm
Cheiny wrote:
How often do you go out to eat?

I love going out to restaurants, not just for the food… I enjoy the whole experience, people watching, being served, not having to do the clean-up. Very Happy

There is no option for once a month. We try to go out once a month, not necessarily somewhere fancy and expensive. It was easier when I was going to the Mikvah every week- I would go to the Mikvah, and then we would go out within the next few days.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics