Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
When/what/how much does your 1 year old eat?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 05 2024, 11:13 pm
I don't think I'm doing this right. Baby is 13 months old. Can someone paint me a picture of what functional eating habits look like? We haven't really gotten into any routine other than breakfast (first he nurses in my bed because I'm slow to wake up, then after we get dressed he has either yogurt or cereal). After that every day is something else depending on his mood, my mood, what we have ready, whether I have time to make something new, etc. I don't need you to tell me that's messed up please, I just need someone to tell me what I should be aiming for better.

amother
Peony

Post Thu, Sep 05 2024, 11:40 pm
My baby just turned 11 months but I can outline what her eating habits look like.
In the morning first thing nurse, the. Have breakfast m, usually yogurt and fruit, sometimes pancakes,toast, French toast Or cheerios
Then I usually nurse before every nap and when she wakes up.
then we do lunch around 12 ish sometimes earlier. For lunch I’ll do scrambled eggs and pasta, cottage cheese and toast, shredded cheese, avocado, egg salad, and some sort of veggie like tomato or cucumber. Or I’ll give leftovers from supper the night before.
Then I would give some sort of fruit as snack at around 4 when she wakes up from her nap. Cut up grapes, peaches, plums, strawberries, watermelon etc.
Then supper is just whatever we all are eating.

I hope this helps with some sort of a schedule for you and some easy food ideas.
Also every kid is different. My baby loves food and has always been an easier eater. Lots of baby’s aren’t. Try to see what your 1 year old likes to eat.
Good luck!

amother
Olive

Post Thu, Sep 05 2024, 11:45 pm
If he's still nursing a lot he may not be that interested in food and as long as there aren't concerns of oral motor delays, he's happy to play and explore with foods and occasionally add to his repertoire and he's growing and developing nicely, it's fine. He'll let you know if he's hungry.

I would try to offer at least 3 times a day.

amother
Vanilla

Post Thu, Sep 05 2024, 11:47 pm
3 meals, 2 snacks

Do you yourself eat proper meals? Or do you just graze ?

amother
RosePink

Post Fri, Sep 06 2024, 4:06 am
amother Vanilla wrote:
3 meals, 2 snacks

Do you yourself eat proper meals? Or do you just graze ?

Yeah. They eat whatever I eat at meal times and snack times.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics