Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Help, she's not sleeping!

amother
OP  

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 4:25 pm
My daughter has severe ADHD and some anxiety/OCD, she was always a bad sleeper. Unfortunately her medication exasperates her insomnia, had to take her off those. Now we're on a different class of medication that has triggered insane anxiety. I think I'm taking her off those as well. I'm at the end of my rope with the trial and error of her medications - each attempt just brings different problems but for right now the biggest issue is her sleep. She hasn't had decent sleep in months and neither have I.
She has a very hard time falling asleep that's issue number 1. The bigger issue is she wakes up in middle of the night or sometimes an hr after she fell asleep and cannot fall back asleep unless she is in my bed. We tried to figure out what was going on and basically she is afraid of nightmares. At some point she was getting nightmares and waking up from that. Now she is afraid that she will get nightmares so she is afraid to fall asleep.
I don't know what to do anymore.
I'm exhausted, she's exhausted, her ADHD is exasperated, shes anxious and irritable, and I think we cant do anything about anything if she's not sleeping.
Anyone have any advice???
What can I do???
Charts don't help, rewards or bribes don't help, melatonin only helps a little and only for falling asleep.
The doctor said we don't put 8 year olds on sleep meds. We've already tried guacifine, clonodine, and melatonin to help with that.
What I need is a way for her to sleep THROUGH the night, or fall back asleep.

amother
Black

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 4:29 pm
Insomnia is seriously the pits!! Are you interested in exploring alternative options? Tackling biomedical root causes?

dragoneye126

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 5:30 pm
I’ve found that a combination melatonin/theanine pill helps keep them asleep. My dc’s psychiatrist says that it helps with the dreams.

amother
  OP

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 5:51 pm
dragoneye126 wrote:
I’ve found that a combination melatonin/theanine pill helps keep them asleep. My dc’s psychiatrist says that it helps with the dreams.

I thought it's not approved for children. I need something or something to do to keep her asleep or help her fall right back to sleep without waking me up
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics